Author Topic: www.dorjeshugden.com's Online Shop is READY!!!!  (Read 36019 times)

Mana

Re: www.dorjeshugden.com's Online Shop is READY!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
I rejoice in your merit.

I'm just curious - where will the shop profits go?

The 'profits' will go to several places:

1. Maintaining this website/staff/overhead/research/travels.
2. Shar Gaden Monastery are the recipients of our donations in general eg texts, food, robes, pujas.
3. Sponsoring of senior monks who have TB, diabetes and other medical needs who we have been supporting for over 5 years now. Their medication, medical costs and related we've had the honor to sponsor.
4. Over 50 sangha studying for their Geshe degree in various monasteries in Kham, Tibet.

These are the primary places we have been supporting and will continue. But their needs are increasing and we would like our donations to increase.

Mana

lightning

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 03:35:22 AM »
Hi Mana,
Is the DS brass statue empty, so that it can be contained with scriptures and ganden grass etc. ;)
Hi Mana,

Is the DS statue empty or is it solid brass???

Mana

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
Hi Mana,
Is the DS brass statue empty, so that it can be contained with scriptures and ganden grass etc. ;)
Hi Mana,

It is hollow inside so you may fill your own mantras and relics. Mana

kurava

• Email
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:33 AM »
It is so convenient now to get a DS statue, thank you so much  :)

Few years back, I went through so much problems to get a statue for my protector practice because no shop kept stock of this 'banned demon'. Finally got mine at a small shop in Nepal which was after several visits and befriending the shop owner.

I must let more know about this Special E Shop !

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
Hooray! Thanks for the shopping space where we can indulge AND benefit others at the same time :)

As all start ups need support in the secular world to sustain itself, it should be no different in the spiritual world. Therefore, on top of rejoicing and personally supporting the e-shop, we need to really promote the link to as many potential customers as possible so that the new e-shop will generate the revenue needed to sustain itself AND contribute to future efforts to bring Dorje Shugden to more people.

kris

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
The 'profits' will go to several places:

1. Maintaining this website/staff/overhead/research/travels.
2. Shar Gaden Monastery are the recipients of our donations in general eg texts, food, robes, pujas.
3. Sponsoring of senior monks who have TB, diabetes and other medical needs who we have been supporting for over 5 years now. Their medication, medical costs and related we've had the honor to sponsor.
4. Over 50 sangha studying for their Geshe degree in various monasteries in Kham, Tibet.

I found out that direct donation here can be done here:

http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/about-us

Just click on the Paypal button and the money collected will be able to be sent to sponsor the monks!!

Manjushri

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »
Excellent news! I had a browse through the online shop, and it's looking fantastic and classy! Simple to navigate through, simple to make purchases, and beautiful products.. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thank you for all your hard work, dorjeshugden.com! Your team gives nothing but the best, and takes alot of initiative to educate and benefit all your readers. Thank you!!

Just a quick thought by the way.. would the shop have any simple and short prayer books for people to buy in the near future? Say maybe like a short compilation of prayers for daily DS sadhana, so that people like myself who have very limited access to DS in my area, can purchase this book, and do a complete, simple and short DS practise/sadhana every night? I know the short sadhana of DS is up on the website here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=57 but just wondering if your team has any already printed out/in use or would put the prayers up on the eshop for sale, in a form of a small book? I think it would be quite popular, because then, people can buy the prayer book, and the statue from the Dorje Shugden Online Shop..it's like a starter kit right there! :) Anyways, who would like a DS prayer book to be sold on the shop?

lightning

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 01:24:11 AM »
Hi Mana,
Hi Mana,

It is hollow inside so you may fill your own mantras and relics. Mana
Hi Mana, Thanks!  ;)

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
SUPPORT! SUPPORT! SUPPORT!

I can imagine the e-shop having more and more items of Dorje Shugden in various creative products in the near future! And when the e-shop is well equipped with many blessed Dorje Shugden items, many people will buy and the e-shop expands to full fledged RETAIL OUTLETS all over the world!

A pretty wild dream but not impossible my dear friends! Lets all brainstorm together to see what other items we can include in the e-shop for now and in the future.

Perhaps...statues/paintings of Great High Lamas who practiced/practice Dorje Shugden? (Trijang Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Pabongkha Rinpoche, Song Rinpoche, etc)

statues/paintings of Dorje Shugden's previous lives? (Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, Panchen Sonam Drakpa, Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen, etc)

any other interesting ideas?

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »
Just a quick thought by the way.. would the shop have any simple and short prayer books for people to buy in the near future? Say maybe like a short compilation of prayers for daily DS sadhana, so that people like myself who have very limited access to DS in my area, can purchase this book, and do a complete, simple and short DS practise/sadhana every night? I know the short sadhana of DS is up on the website here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=57 but just wondering if your team has any already printed out/in use or would put the prayers up on the eshop for sale, in a form of a small book? I think it would be quite popular, because then, people can buy the prayer book, and the statue from the Dorje Shugden Online Shop..it's like a starter kit right there! :) Anyways, who would like a DS prayer book to be sold on the shop?

Hi friend,

It is easy to just download from the "PRAYERS" section and print out for our use, there are many more:

Prayer by the 5th Dalai Lama to Gyelchen Dorje Shugden
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=341

Praise of the Protector Dorje Shugden by the great Sakyapa master Kunkhyen Ngawang Kunga Lodroe
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=349

Request for Activity of Gyalchen Shugden by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=344

Incense Offering Prayer to Dorje Shugden
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=2226

Melody of the Unceasing Vajra by the 14th Dalai Lama
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=346

A Daily Sadhana of the Peaceful and Fierce Lama Tsongkhapa
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=2539

Offerings, Praises, Fulfillment and Requests to the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden by Kyabje Dragri Dorje Chang
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=4041

Nyirtoe
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=11172

Zach

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 12:55:52 PM »
Prayers look good in booklets ! I said before it would be nice to see Trijang Rinpoches Bio and Dorje shugden commentary in hardback !  ;D

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
I do think prayers are great in books but personally I prefer to read mine on my android phone so my prayers are accessible at any time anywhere! As for HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche’s biography and Music Delighting an Ocean of Protectors, I would love to have those in hard copy but I can imagine that it would not be cheap for a production of those books!

Perhaps all of us who have benefited from this site can help by promoting the online shop to our friends on our various social media so that if there are enough orders, they could do a short run? Or people could donate to the production costs – after all, sponsorship of printing Dharma texts is incredibly meritorious. I’d be tremendously happy to contribute to this.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Tammy

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 03:58:33 AM »
Yay!!

Been looking for DS related stuff and finally the Eshop here!!!

The BEST place to shop for presents for birthdays, anniversaries, ALL occasions !!

Good job admin team! errr more new stuff in the eshop soon??
How about ebooks ?? that would be totally cool, easy and environmental friendly... fruit for thought?? :-p

xxx
Down with the BAN!!!

negra orquida

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
great news, awesome site, easy and user friendly design, attractive products!

Lets all brainstorm together to see what other items we can include in the e-shop for now and in the future.

Can't think of items for sale at the moment but am wondering about an online comic strip, with DS as the main character of course... educating readers on the story of DS and Dharma in a humorous way which working class people could relate to and appreciate (like Dilbert!).  Then maybe from there, can sell DS merchandise in the form of t-shirts (with the comic strip of DS characters) or soft toys (imagine soft toy version of DS snow lion.. hehe cute), mugs with humorous DS quotes... provided that this is not being disrespectful to DS of course.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
I went on the e-shop and the shopping experience is wonderful. It is easy to navigate and the products are exciting. I managed to buy one pendant and it arrived on time.

Has any one purchased anything yet? If not, I think we should support the good works of the people who started this online shop because we gave them feedback that it will be a good way to promote DS to the world. Furthermore, all the sales is for a good cause i.e. to spread the teachings and to support this website so that the ban would be lifted sooner.

We should all at least buy something to show our support! Don't you think so?