Author Topic: Afternoon Tea with the Lamas  (Read 3615 times)

DharmaSpace

Afternoon Tea with the Lamas
« on: January 26, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
Date: Sunday 5th February 2012
Many students had the good karma to meet Lama Yeshe in the 70’s and 80’s and/or have had teachings directly from Lama Zopa Rinpoche.

Now you can experience the preciousness of their teachings. Chenrezig Institute elders and senior students facilitate these informal afternoon sessions where you can hear stories about the Lamas in the early days, watch a DVD of their teachings and ask questions.

This is the ideal way to refresh your connection or “meet” the Lamas for the first time! Everyone is very welcome! Cake and chai is offered by the Centre. Your RSVP is appreciated to ensure we cater sufficiently.

Afternoon Tea with the Lamas
Chenrezig Institute 33 Johnsons Rd, Eudlo
05/02/2012

Sunday 5th Feb 2pm - 3:30pm
Free
http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/events/events-display/afternoon-tea-with-the-lamas,46476,64852

I wonder if people can ask about the Dorje Shugden practises of Lama Yeshe and how devoted Lama Yeshe to Dorje Shugden was they did many pujas of Dorje Shugden at Kopan Monastery. It is quite sad that FPMT still relies on Lama Yeshe who was a fervent practitioners of Dorje Shugden even up to now, don't they have other lamas or teacher to lead the way. Could this be a sign of broken samaya within the organisation? And even the current unmistaken reincarnation of Lama Yeshe does not want to take over the helm of FPMT.

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Afternoon Tea with the Lamas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
Actually it has been discussed many times here especially, that Lama Yeshe's current incarnation Tenzin Osel is unable to manifest correctly directly due to broken samaya. Centers who betray their lama to be politically correct will also suffer the same fate in the near future. Attacking and going against an enlightened being for the sake of being politically correct can be quite detrimental, especially if that being happens to be your lama's main practice and you're supposed to uphold your lama's teaching and tradition.

The only lama that they have left is Lama Zopa, and even then he has been manifesting stroke as a result of the collective karma of students who use the Dharma center as a conduit for their own agendas instead of practicing the Dharma.

Even Kopan had betrayed Lama Yeshe. A reliable source has told me that Kopan used to be very close to Pabongkha Rinpoche, even with his current incarnation. Pabongkha Rinpoche used to do pujas there all the time with them but after the ban, he was no longer invited. When Pabongkha Rinpoche tried to open a center and had made some contacts with a sponsor from taiwan, monks from Kopan and some CTA officials actually met the sponsor and bad mouthed Pabongkha Rinpoche to the sponsors and asked them not to sponsor Pabongkha Rinpoche. They have cut off contact with Pabongkha Rinpoche since and until now he is unable to manifest any great deeds.

Again, it is extremely sad that to see monasteries kicking out lineage lamas in order to be politically correct. Is that a good example to set for your students? Then why do lama chopa and continue to use teachings from lineage lamas? I am still very upset by this piece of news, and I thought I'd like to share on this related thread.