Author Topic: Shugden in Singapore!!  (Read 32241 times)

Mana

Shugden in Singapore!!
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »
Dear friends, Please read the message we recieved along with two pictures. I just had to post it here. Imagine. In far away Singapore, people are downloading, printing and distributing brochures and Shugden graphic novels (comics). We have all this available on the home page so people can do this. It's available for download for free. We thank our Dharma friends in the Exotic East for spreading Dorje Shugden.

Mana

Please see the message below we recieved.

"At Ngee Ann City "Jade Buddha for Universal Peace" event hosted by Amitabha Buddhist Centre which is a part of FPMT.

They have about 10 monks from Kopan Monastery here together with their resident Lama Khen Rinpoche Geshe Thubten Chonyi who is going to stay in Singapore for about 8months.

They have Tara, Dzambala and Buddha Sakyamuni section for people to make offering, a Kuan Yin sand Mandala, souvenir booth.

Shugden brochures and Shugden comic books are at their book section. People were taking the brochure and keeping it after reading. Quite popular. Two comic books were taken by 2 different families as well."

Friends of Shugden 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:29:19 PM by Mana »

kris

Re: Shugden in Singapore!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
Is that HH Dalai Lama's books on the left? :) Hehehe....

For your convenience, you can download the items here:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=52
http://www.xiongdeng.com/?cat=8

Galen

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
This is great news. A lot of people are distributing the DS brochures everywhere. This will create a lot of awareness to lots and lots of people! Now in Singapore and in a Buddhist event where the whole purpose is to spread Buddhism. Thank you to the person who are distributing there. And there's no harm having the DS comics side by side with Dalai Lama's book. Both are also to spread Buddhism.

triesa

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
This is great news, I rejoice.

The sincerity and tirelss effort of many of our DS practitioners helping to spread DS lineage and to educate people through many different ways such as distributing brochures and comic books in this buddhist exhibition in Singapore will help to create a pool of merit field for theban to be lifted!

I hope FPMT members won't faint when they see the DS brouchers and comic book! ;D Infact if they happen tp pick up one, all the better, knowledge is powerful and the information will lead them to search for more facts and truth and reduce any misunderstanding.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:26 AM »
Thank you for sharing this news about Singapore. It's amazing to see how this website translates into action - i.e. how the admin/owners of this site created the tools to promote Dorje Shugden and then people who come to this site implement the tools. I feel that we are a global village now. Each of us in our different countries can each do something aside from reading the great discussions on here of course. I rejoice for the Singaporeans who not just do stuff but also share about it!

I do hope the FPMT members will take a read of the information on dorjeshugden.com. There are so many gems here to give a different perspective. At best, FPMT members may return to Dorje Shugden, the precious Protector practice of their very founder, Lama Yeshe. At the very least if a few people can read something which will make them change their minds about Dorje Shugden and they realise he is not evil, then something positive would have come of it.

I am eagerly looking forward to seeing more reports around the world of Dorje Shugden brochures and materials! Please do share!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

lightning

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
Hi Guys,

FYI, The DS materials were somehow "implanted" inside and somehow when some of my friends were there and it could be removed quickly. This is an false information that the DS brochere is welcomed by the HHDL folks.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
Lightning of course there will be hits and misses some will take some get removed. But the point is those who take will start their journey with Dorje Shudgden isn't that something to rejoice about?

Another front has opened in fighting the ban, and as WB said correctly the site gives people the 'weapons' to fight the lifting of the ban. The way it is fought is no harm comes to the everyone involved, except harm to the ban and the lies that it sits on.

lightning

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Lightning of course there will be hits and misses some will take some get removed. But the point is those who take will start their journey with Dorje Shudgden isn't that something to rejoice about?

Another front has opened in fighting the ban, and as WB said correctly the site gives people the 'weapons' to fight the lifting of the ban. The way it is fought is no harm comes to the everyone involved, except harm to the ban and the lies that it sits on.
Previously, there is a group of Talibans came and spread anti-DS info via pamlets and spreading that the Buddha relics are false and now their own group of people(HHDL) came and display the same Buddha and His disciples relics. These talibans must be self slapping for their own mistakes??? ::)

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
This is great news to rejoice! There are more and more Dorje Shugden practitioners spreading DS everywhere. It’s wonderful that the Singaporeans DS practitioners are spreading DS there. It will be great if DS practitioners of different countries download, print and distribute and share these DS items as well.  It will create more awareness and more people will be able to learn the truth about Dorje Shudgden.

Let’s put in our combined effort and spread Dorje Shugden so that the ban can be lifted soon!

lightning

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
I do not know whether it is a good idea to secretly plant DS materials at the places where these folks do not welcome and if discovered by them. These materials will most probably end up in the bin and these HHDL folks are very entrenched and staunch.

Again I feel that the impact of implanting materials would not be significant enough and waste of resources, unless someone who is extremely eloquent who is willing to explain the controversy of DS by bringing the light though the media.

When a vessel is filled and contaminated. It takes very strong detergent to clean the vessel and to be re-contained with clean water.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »
Hey, it is not important whether these DS brochures were secretly or openly placed every where. Even if they were removed, the person that removed them would have had imprints of DS planted in their minds.

The main thing is DS is spreading like wild fire in this region. This speaks volume !

Thumbs up to all the invisible elves !

DharmaSpace

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »
When a vessel is filled and contaminated. It takes very strong detergent to clean the vessel and to be re-contained with clean water.

Lightning who among us do not have the characteristics of the 3 pots? Contaminated, upside down, and pot with a hole. And yet with the three pots fully with us we have started engaging the buddha dharma. Seeing a buddha's line drawing plants innumerable seeds of enlightenment in the minds of the perceiver, what about seeing the image of Dorje Shugden? There are much people out there who are fresh and new to the DS issue as opposed to those that are not hence distributing such items has more positives than negatives.

So what new idea will you come up with to share Dorje Shugden to the world that is innovative do share your thoughts.

Amitabha

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »
According to scripture, it is wiser to mention the spreading of buddha dharma through DS instead if ds per se. in this manner, one is not contaminating buddha dharma in a divisive way. any buddhist sects that flourishes is a bliss for all as it benefits sentience. be oneness away from jealousy amongst sects. According ro shurangama sutra, each and every sect promotes its practice free from prejudice. in singapore becareful not to be manipulated by political motives... :D

Mana

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 02:00:25 AM »
I do not know whether it is a good idea to secretly plant DS materials at the places where these folks do not welcome and if discovered by them. These materials will most probably end up in the bin and these HHDL folks are very entrenched and staunch.

Again I feel that the impact of implanting materials would not be significant enough and waste of resources, unless someone who is extremely eloquent who is willing to explain the controversy of DS by bringing the light though the media.

We were informed, many visitors took the brochures and comics before they can be discarded. Someone observed and wrote to us and informed us of this information along with the pictures we posted.
We rejoice.

The visitors who took the brochures/ds comics didn't know heads or tails and took the items home to read. They were new to Buddhism. They just grabbed the free brochures.
We were informed many visitors took the items home and none were discarded. They served their purpose.
Mana
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:04:19 AM by Mana »

lightning

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16:44 AM »

We were informed, many visitors took the brochures and comics before they can be discarded. Someone observed and wrote to us and informed us of this information along with the pictures we posted.
We rejoice.

The visitors who took the brochures/ds comics didn't know heads or tails and took the items home to read. They were new to Buddhism. They just grabbed the free brochures.
We were informed many visitors took the items home and none were discarded. They served their purpose.
Mana

I am glad to hear this good news and at least, the "implatation" served its purpose. ;D