Author Topic: Forgiving the Chinese  (Read 12081 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Forgiving the Chinese
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
Are the Tibetan officials sure and totally aware of His Holiness' policies and feelings towards the Chinese?

His Holiness has been talking about meaningful autonomy for Tibet through bilateral resolution process, and the purpose is to preserve its culture and religion. His Holiness himself has said that it was made clear to China that foreign affairs and defense are up to the Chinese central government if greater autonomy is granted. So why are they afraid of Chinese spies? What is there to lose?

A few months back, Dalai Lama himself also said that there was a shift within the intellectual class of China over the issue of Tibet, and that more and more Chinese people are now supporting the cause of Tibet and showing their solidarity with Tibetans. Isn't it time to educate the world, especially the Chinese, and stop labelling everyone a Chinese spy, when in reality, perhaps many who were labelled as such were actually doing a better job fostering relations than the officials?

I sometimes think, could it be that His Holiness' wish to "educate" the public about Dorje Shugden was misinterpreted by people who implemented/created the ban, hence causing misunderstandings and complications.

A friend has told me in the past that before the ban was in place, other schools have stated their discomfort with Shugden and have threatened HHDL to do something about it, or else he can forget about unity amongst the schools. So the ban was enforced to unite everyone. I have no idea how true this is, but the same friend had told me that antagonism against Shugden started with Sangye Gyatso and he has been reincarnating as govt officials to try to implement the ban. Again, this is what I heard and i have no idea how  true this is, but it is an interesting theory nevertheless.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
A friend has told me in the past that before the ban was in place, other schools have stated their discomfort with Shugden and have threatened HHDL to do something about it, or else he can forget about unity amongst the schools.

What business is it of other schools to comment on ours? When Gelugs comment on their practices, they kick up a fuss and the CTA clamp down on us. But when theyre not happy, they get pissy and talk about their discomforts and the CTA support them.

And Gelugs are so strict on themselves, always saying that we cannot comment on other schools because we do not know enough about their practices and lineage. Maybe they should take a leaf out of our books...!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 02:53:10 AM »
What business is it of other schools to comment on ours? When Gelugs comment on their practices, they kick up a fuss and the CTA clamp down on us. But when theyre not happy, they get pissy and talk about their discomforts and the CTA support them.

And Gelugs are so strict on themselves, always saying that we cannot comment on other schools because we do not know enough about their practices and lineage. Maybe they should take a leaf out of our books...!

The CTA is not aware that they are being manipulated by others and they are stupid enough to do anything and everything without investigation. A normal government would do actual research and debates before something is done, but look what CTA does. And they call themselves a government? please! Gain independence and give suffering to MORE people? I dont think HHDL will allow that, even.

Tibetans are known to be very sneaky and manipulative. The way the other schools expressed discomfort with Dorje Shugden and Gelugpa was done in a very sneaky and subtle way where they do not dare criticize openly but did many implications out of jealousy because their own protectors did not work as fast as Dorje Shugden. I've seen them do this before and I feel disgusted. Of course, not every lama of other traditions do this but a majority do because before i joined my lama I did some research and i do notice this. So my friend may be right after all.

vegeing

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »
I always view H.H.D.L. as Avalokestivara for his great compassion.  He is also Vajrapani who uses skillful methods to benefit people in a bigger picture.  Hence, an enlightened being like H.H.D.L. has wisdom our minds cannot comprehend for his actions.  Only the end result tells. Hope we live to see it.

HHDL is well know Avalokestivara. Of course he'll have a lot deeper though.

We in this new age, we have a lot different thinking people , we all in the sea of Samsara. A lot of attachment ! May be after 10years. we will know why, HHDL make this BAN of Dorje Shugden !

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
His Holiness is known worldwide as a peacekeeper but why can't he make peace with Dorje Shugden's practitioners? It actually makes him look stupid. He can forgive a country that has slaughtered his people and took his country away. He is Chenrezig. He can show such great compassion to the Chinese but why does he not show that type of compassion towards us? It really makes no sense.

All these contradictions are a sign. The sign is that His Holiness has a bigger picture in mind. We should not be so short-sighted. We must look ahead and think on how all the suffering that the CTA and the Dalai Lama is giving to the Shugden practitioners are actually opening gateways to those who do not practice Dorje Shugden yet! That is my belief on this subject matter.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 04:51:22 AM »
His Holiness is known worldwide as a peacekeeper but why can't he make peace with Dorje Shugden's practitioners? It actually makes him look stupid. He can forgive a country that has slaughtered his people and took his country away. He is Chenrezig. He can show such great compassion to the Chinese but why does he not show that type of compassion towards us? It really makes no sense.

All these contradictions are a sign. The sign is that His Holiness has a bigger picture in mind. We should not be so short-sighted. We must look ahead and think on how all the suffering that the CTA and the Dalai Lama is giving to the Shugden practitioners are actually opening gateways to those who do not practice Dorje Shugden yet! That is my belief on this subject matter.

If Trijang Rinpoche has predicted that HHDL and Shugden may appear to be against each other, but in reality its more of a play, then I am pretty sure its all part and parcel of something bigger that only people whose attainments have reach that level would know.

Shugden used to be a secret protector and he is practiced in a chapel or in an enclosed altar in the past. Now, it is openly practiced. This is also the effect of the ban in a way: it opened up the practice.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
For a long time, I was confused about the ban as it doesn't make sense to me why are things so contradictory. Thanks to this website, it made me think more, compare, and continue to have faith in both Dorje Shugden and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

For instant, something like this will definitely confuse everyone. In one instant, His Holiness said that the practise is wrong, and his Gurus are wrong: Dalai Lama Says Directly – His Guru is Wrong? - http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1478

and then you see this,

Video: Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practise Dorje Shugden -
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/trijangrinpoche.htm

So is his Guru wrong, or right?  ???  I don't think Dalai Lama who's a great scholar, and who had debated with great tsenshab (debate partner) can be so confused as to give opposing stand?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
For a long time, I was confused about the ban as it doesn't make sense to me why are things so contradictory. Thanks to this website, it made me think more, compare, and continue to have faith in both Dorje Shugden and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

For instant, something like this will definitely confuse everyone. In one instant, His Holiness said that the practise is wrong, and his Gurus are wrong: Dalai Lama Says Directly – His Guru is Wrong? - http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1478

and then you see this,

Video: Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practise Dorje Shugden -
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/trijangrinpoche.htm

So is his Guru wrong, or right?  ???  I don't think Dalai Lama who's a great scholar, and who had debated with great tsenshab (debate partner) can be so confused as to give opposing stand?

That is why I keep saying that HHDL seems very half hearted with regards to the ban. He could have done so much more to eliminate the practice but he is not doing it, including recognizing emanations of Shugden. If he allows them to continue definitely there is something going on there.