Author Topic: Whereabouts of Kundeling Rinpoche  (Read 9783 times)

Mana

Whereabouts of Kundeling Rinpoche
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
Does anyone know where Kundeling Rinpoche is and what he is doing now? He used to have a website but couldn't find it anymore, and also there was no news that he attended the recent Serpom Monastery grand opening, does anybody know his whereabouts?

from wikipedia:

Shree Choephel Kundeling Monastery is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Lhasa. It was established by Mehame Ghukoling Youngen’s father Lama Choedrub Dewal Doungen Rinpoche in 1663 AD; the building was renovated by the offspring’s of 8 grandfathers of Lisunkhu Youngens afterwards in 1951 AD. The head of the monastery is known as the Kundeling Tagtsha Jetung Rimpoche, of which there have been thirteen since the monastery's establishment.

The 13th Kundeling Tatsak Rinpoche
The recognition of the 13th Kundeling Tatsak Rinpoche is presently in dispute.

Lobsang Yeshi Jampal Gyatso (born 1959 in Kolkata), who is not officially recognized by the Dalai Lama.
Tenzin Chokyi Gyaltsen (born 1983 in Lhasa), officially recognized by the Dalai Lama in 1993. Presently he studies at Drepung Gomang Monastery in Mundgod, India.

Dorje Shugden controversy
The current rinpoche of Kundeling Monastery, Lobsang Yeshe, who lives in South India, has filed a complaint against the Dalai Lama at the Indian High Court on the grounds of religious persecution. The lawyer Shree Sanjay Jain says:

The Tibetan Government in Exile accuse Lobsang Yeshe of being paid by the Chinese and state that he has visited China at least twice. He however denies working for the Chinese, but does confirm that he has Chinese friends and he praises the Chinese "for what they are doing in Tibet", claiming that if Tibetans who followed Dorje Shugden had to live under the Dalai Lama in Tibet, they "would have possibly been crucified". He has also made similar comparisons to that of the WSS about the treatment of Dorje Shugden practitioners and the treatment of Jews in 1930s Germany as well as religious apartheid.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Whereabouts of Kundeling Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
It is as if Rinpoche disappeared. Perhaps under pressure? I am not surprised, if they can remove high lamas from the lineage prayers, :-X

Anyway, the younger Kundeling Rinpoche was seen debating when His Holiness the Dalai Lama visited Drepung Gomang early last year. I also heard that Kundeling Rinpoche Tenzin Chokyi Gyaltsen has entered the vinaya class, and have given teachings abroad, especially in France. 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »
I just hope he is allright and not killed or anything. You know how fanatical some people can be. I just hope that he reappears soon and that he is okay and alive. CTA and its fanatical followers can do almost anything in the name of the Dalai Lama.

I really pray and hope that he reappears soon as these kind of disappearance usually points to something unsavory and shady. He has done so much to maintain Kundeling monastery and I really respect him for  that. Without him the monastery wont stand to be where they are  today.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
Rinpoche is fine. I saw him about 2 weeks ago. He is not in hiding, just busy with many new projects.

He is a very progressive Lama, and also very actice in social justice issues. He is a true gem of our lineage. May Rinpoche live long and continue to turn the wheel of the holy Dharma.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:46 AM »
Rinpoche is fine. I saw him about 2 weeks ago. He is not in hiding, just busy with many new projects.

He is a very progressive Lama, and also very actice in social justice issues. He is a true gem of our lineage. May Rinpoche live long and continue to turn the wheel of the holy Dharma.

Ah that is very  good to hear. But he is in Nepal right? I hope he will always be safe and protected, especially against fanatical people. May he live long and continue to serve the Dharma and the people as he has the potential to help so many people out there.

daka

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:34:51 PM »
Thanks to this website and forum. It attracts my attention and make me decided to do a quick read up on the life story of Kundeling Rinpoche. Again, it's from this website. ( http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2119).

I find the 13th Kundeling Rinpoche's (Lobsang Yeshi Jampal Gyatso) story very interesting. His story really shows that reincarnation really exists. I like His character a lot. I especially like the fact that he "has filed a complaint against the Dalai Lama at the Indian High Court on the grounds of religious persecution." He is so brave and dare to speak up for the rights of minorities. Glad to hear that he is ok.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Damn Losang Tenpa, running around with all the high lamas... nice going! ;D What kind of projects? Are they all related to social justice? If someone wanted to get in touch to contribute, any ideas how could they go about it?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
Atisha Charitable Trust

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
Homage to this awesome Lama!

Reading through his biography confirms so many things about Buddhism which one cannot decipher using normal means. Rinpoche's work is so far reaching and definitely is so much stronger in the minds of the people he meets because of Rinpoche's humility!

I pray that the Supreme Speech Emanation, the 13th Kundeling Rinpoche may live long and fulfill the hopes and wishes of all sentient beings and that of the Ganden Tradition.

Harry
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »
Rinpoche just built and completed the new Kundeling Monastery.  He's been rather busy with that and other projects.

Rinpoche is a very fun lama to be with.  He's always laughing and telling stories.  I had the honor of receiving initiations and teachings from him and also host him when he was in NY 2 years ago. Through the blessings of Dorje Shugden, I was able to arrange from him to speak to the Buddhist group at Columbia University, right under the nose of the American Ganden Tripa, Robert Thurman.  That was classic.

beggar

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »
I had also heard (though I cannot remember where from) that Kundeling Rinpoche also lives abroad for much of the time, as there was a time when it was literally not safe for him to reside in India, due to the ban and threat of attacks on his life. Is this true, and where else does he reside?

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »
Rinpoche spends a good deal of time in Europe actually... Holland, Germany, Greece, and Italy (Lama Gangchen Rinpoche's center). But yeah, Rinpoche is definitely on the top of the TGIE's hit list.  In fact, Rinpoche only wears his saffron robes during Dharma events... and wears lay clothes when he is out to be a little bit more "out of the public eye".  It is very sad but the TGIE is doing to good, genuine, and holy Dharma teachers.