Author Topic: tattoo of Dorje Shugden  (Read 28209 times)

Gabby Potter

Re: tattoo of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
This is pretty cool! I have never met someone who loves Lord Dorje Shugden so much that he'd get a tattoo of this precious protector. But one thing, tattoos are not good for any higher practises because I was told that they will block the chakras. But this is quite awesome, love it! :)

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
This tattoo of Dorje Shugden is extremely beautiful and if I was braver, I would definitely love to tattoo his image on my body. I personally find that tattooing an image of a Buddha should not be disrespectful as you are willing to use your body, your physical form, to adorn the image of a Buddha, imprinting the Buddha into your physical being. However, I think that should you do that, you must never ever commit any crimes that hurt others or anything that harms the well being of others. Doing bad things while the Buddha is on your skin negates the potential blessing and is an insult to our protector.

lightning

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
As i have mentioned before in the past,  if one had taken up any form of buddhist deity empowerment. One should not have any tattoo, which transgress the vajrayana samaya of not protecting on's body which is treated as equal as vairocana buddha. Ask your guru or some rinpoche if in doubts.