Author Topic: World's Biggest Dorje Shugden and Lama Tsongkhapa statues in the sample place!  (Read 16571 times)

Mana

Guiness Book of World Record - World biggest indoor bronze statue - Lama Tsongkhapa

The building on the left housed the world's biggest indoor bronze statue - Lama Tsongkhapa, the yellow building on the right housed (as far as we know) the world's biggest Dorje Shugden statue (18ft)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:10:29 AM by Mana »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
I love these photos... thank you for sharing them!! The Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden statues are amazing. What merits the people who sponsored and commissioned them must have gained. I hope to go to Tibet to see these grand statues one day. I do hope there'll be many more such huge statues throughout the world which bring stability and peace to its environs.

Love the other scenic pics too! Fab!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

tsangpakarpo

Incredibly beautiful pictures! Thank you very much MANA for posting it up. The Dorje Shugden statue looks humongous and very glorious! I can imagine one in my house..with many many offerings..

pgdharma

The photos are so stunning! The Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden statue looks so majestic and alive! May I have the merits to visit this place one day!

Thank you, Mana for sharing this with us.

lamatsongkhapa

Wow this place is absolutely magical! Not only is the statues beautiful (and large of course) but the surrounding areas are also extremely beautiful! Where is this in Tibet? I would love to go visit this place at least once in my life time.

Is this Monastery affected by anyone against DS?

Where can I find out more information about this place?

It's incredible how big and majestic they are. Looking at it through photos itself makes me feel blessed and motivated to go there. WisdomBeing is right, the people who sponsored these statues and helped build it, set it up, etc. must be gaining a huge amount of merits. What they have accomplished here is a huge blessings to all DS practitioners around the world.

Thank you for sharing these photos.

Big Uncle

Wow! These are such beautiful photos of Gongsar Monastery in Kham, Tibet/China. The Stupa and Lama statue depicted should be that of the late Denma Gongsar Rinpoche. This Lama is an eminent and great treasury of extensive lineages while he was alive. Many great Lamas including the low-profile current incarnation of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche would travel to receive teachings and initiations from him.

He has said that his incarnation will only be found when the little boy is able to recite the entire Guhyasamaja root Tantra by heart. Wow! Talk about pure enlightenment! One of his wishes before he passed away was for this large Dorje Shugden to be erected. His wish came to fruition as can be seen in this picture.

His monastery is in China and so there's little the CTA or any real threat from anti-Shugden movement. It stands proud today as a place of pilgrimage for great Tibetan Lamas and lay Tibetans alike. One day, it will be a major pilgrimage site for Dorje Shugden pilgrims the world over.

dsiluvu

Breath taking! Definitely a pilgrimage site I'd like to visit in this life time. The statue of Denma Gongsar Rinpoche is so alive and real. It's awesome to see that such beautiful grand monasteries being erected in Tibet. Funny how CTA is asking for a "Free Tibet", in some way Tibet is kinda free... free to practice Dorje Shugden lol.
Let there be more!!!

Wonder who will built the next bigger Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden statue ;)? It would definitely be awesome for the Guiness Book of Records to literally record down - world's biggest Dorje Shugden statue.

icy

So Awesome!  Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.  I pray I will be able to visit these places in this life time.  Oh Lord Dorje Shugden, please fulfill my wish!

hope rainbow

The statues look awesome indeed!
Can someone explain about the large sculpted head of a female we see in the later pictures?

DharmaSpace

The pictures of the scenery are truly breathtaking.  I just feel that the students of Denma Gonsa really have a lot of devotion to have helped to built the biggest lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden in the world. May more of such holy statues arise everywhere.

Namdrol

• Email
more pics taken from the back of this great monastery, showing the complete surroundings of the monastery!

honeydakini

Thank you, these photos are just beautiful!

I'm fascinated by the fact that some of the largest, most intricately built statues and temples are in some of the poorest, most remote places of Tibet (or also in other countries like Thailand, Burma etc). I find, as a practitioner in the west, how much harder it is to raise funds for anything spiritual - I think people just don't want to put money into something that they don't get something material back for. And it is sad that it has come to that.

When you think about how little, materially, the Tibetans have (especially as so much of the country is still nomadic), it's really quite amazing how much can be built, just out of sheer faith, devotion and the wish to do it.

I saw this recently too, about a huge temple in the Chatreng region of Tibet (where Trijang Rinpoche comes from): http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/monasteries-locations/chatring-samphel-ling-monastery-kham-tibet/  It's incredible how extensive the building works are there and how beautiful the monasteries are. This is considering the fact that the region's Lama, Trijang Rinpoche, isn't even there. The devotion across generations is really something to be admired. Something for many of us to think of - how much are we able to accomplish even when our Lamas are right here with us?

michaela

Thank you Mana for posting these beautiful pictures!!!  I wish in the near future, we can worship DS openly.

Tammy

Crisp blue sky, air as clear as crystal - this is heaven on earth! I wish I have enough merits to be born on the land of snow, so I can be near these majestic temples and able to admire the great work of arts with my naked eyes.

Rejoice for those craftsmen who spent days, months and most likely years to create these grand statues, many people is now enjoying the fruits of their labour.
Down with the BAN!!!

samayakeeper

• Email
I love the monastery with the snow capped mountains in the background. Breath taking! And beautiful photos of images and paintings of enlightened beings. Yes, the craftsmen who made the images of Je Rinpoche and Lord Shugden must have gained tremendous merit for their offering in producing such wonderful and magnificent images.

Maybe there may be some sculptors who are now making or putting the finishing touches to other bigger images as I write now. How meritorious for people to sponsor towards the making of big images for others to make offerings to. I rejoice!