Author Topic: The Dalai Lama says some Chinese Officials see him as a demon  (Read 9604 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: The Dalai Lama says some Chinese Officials see him as a demon
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 04:35:28 AM »
i don't think that all beings are ultimately enlightened though i think everyone has the potential to be enlightened.

Unless we are enlightened, i think that our view will tend to be flawed. As such, I prefer to trust beings who have achieved a higher state of attainments to guide my view. I think that I should not be so attached to my own view as it is likely to be wrong. Sure we can use conventional wisdom but is that correct view? Conventional wisdom used to think the world was flat.

Personally, why I choose to view HH the Dalai Lama as a Buddha is that if he is not, it doesn't really harm me. If he is, and I think of him negatively, it will affect me negatively. While I believe that he is a Buddha and I do not agree with his ban on Dorje Shugden is because of the bigger picture hypothesis which I learned from the sharings on this site.

Of course there will be many people who see the Dalai Lama negatively because of the Shugden issue. Conversely there are a lot of people who see him positively. From Dorje Shugden's lineage, Birwapa was condemned as a womaniser even though he was in reality having audiences with Vajrayogini and her entourage. It was people's wrong view though they could justify it very well that he was a man of loose morals from their direct observation.

Likewise, in this modern age, are we at the level that we can judge? Is our conventional wisdom really so wise? Or should we trust enlightened masters such as HH Trijang Rinpoche who tells us to not lose faith in either Dorje Shugden nor the Dalai Lama? Such as HE Gangchen Rinpoche and many other great Lamas who do not criticise the Dalai Lama? Are we so much cleverer than them? Or rather, do we think we are so much cleverer?

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 04:42:07 AM »
I think that the Chinese officials who called the Dalai Lama a demon are wrong. I think that the Dalai Lama is great because he is enduring so much pain from the people who dislike him because of the Shugden ban, when he is actually Chenrezig, trying to benefit the world through skillful means by making so many others practice Dorje Shugden.

Perspective is varied from every angle. I believe that we should choose a positive one. We should see all holy masters as Buddha and we should know by now that Dorje Shugden is Manjushri.

We should never ever doubt any of these great beings as they just want to benefit us through any means necessary.

Klein

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »
The bantering that goes on between HHDL and Chinese officials looks like it's a PR gimmick to create more awareness for HHDL. Controversy sells. So the more the better. Out of all the pantheon of buddhas, Dorje Shugden has all of a sudden become an international celebrity!

The bigger pic makes more sense. I'm looking forward to what HHDL is going to do next to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden.