Author Topic: www.dorjeshugden.com is considering online sales  (Read 19994 times)

kris

Re: www.dorjeshugden.com is considering online sales
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
Since this subject is brought up, I am kinda curious what items are available for people to invite online. Here are some sites I found:

Tharpa Publications
http://www.tharpa.com/uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=shugden&objet=UK%2FEnglish
* E-book, CD, MP3, Prints (mini card, A6, A4, A3)

http://www.duldzin.com/products.htm
Email [email protected] if you are interested. Not online store, need to contact by email.
* Tsa Tsa pendants

So far, I can't find other stores online.

I would think that if dorjeshugden.com is doing this website, it will fulfill a lot of demands, just that it needs to advertise itself so that people around the world will know that there is a online store.

BTW, now Facebook has "pay-per-like" scheme, where you can setup a Facebook fan page about this online shop, and you will only need to pay them if the visitor "like" your fan page.

Hope this is helpful in anyway...

Manjushri

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
What a wonderful idea!! I've been wanting some DS items for a long time, but haven't been able to find any online, so I rely on this website's downloadable items to aid me in my practise, prayers and visulisation. If an online shop comes about, I'd be able to purchase thangkas, pendants, the comic book directly!!..oh my, I can't wait!

Thank you, dorjeshugden.com, for continuously thinking of new ways to spread DS to your website readers and practitioners! Being able to purchase items, I will be able to give it to my friends and families and share the King with them too. That will be my greatest gift to them! I'd love to walk around wearing a DS pendant to bless the surroundings and all who are fortunate enough to see the pendant!

What products will be on sale? I hope it won't be too hard to sort out the logistics as pointed out by Mana earlier on.

As what Kris said about advertising, since this is the most comprehensive website on Dorje Shugden (to the extent of my knowledge) available, i don't think that there will be much problems in this, as most people who are interested in the King will come here to get their news and read hence learn about the online store. I think what we would have to do is promote DS and this website more, no?

kris

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »
As what Kris said about advertising, since this is the most comprehensive website on Dorje Shugden (to the extent of my knowledge) available, i don't think that there will be much problems in this, as most people who are interested in the King will come here to get their news and read hence learn about the online store. I think what we would have to do is promote DS and this website more, no?
I am not referring to people who already know Dorje Shugden because those who know about Him, many of them know about this website.

I am referring to people who does not know who is the King Dorje Shugden yet. If they don't know who is He, most likely they will not come to this website, as such, I felt the owner of this website need to do proactive advertisement, may be with catchy tag lines or something, so that people will know about Him.

I personally like to see Him appear on Facebook ads.. hehehe...

Galen

• Email
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »

What products will be on sale? I hope it won't be too hard to sort out the logistics as pointed out by Mana earlier on.

Maybe we should have a top 3 items we would like to invite home. Tell us your wish list to be sold in the online shop. Maybe this will help the online sales people co-ordinate better and estimate the demand.

My Top 3 items I would to invite are:
1. DS pendant
2. DS statue
3. DS thanka

What about yours?

kris

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32:13 PM »
I found another place where people can invite Dorje Shugden items:

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/paintings/dorje-shugden-TT26/
But this Thangka has been invited (US$195 with brocade)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TIBETAN-THANGKA-JE-TSONGKAPA-AND-PROTECTOR-SHUGDEN-/350499118581?pt=Asian_Antiques&hash=item519b601df5#ht_6425wt_922
Item on ebay (US$225)

I tried to search quite a few famous online arts shop but they don't have any Dorje Shugden painting :P

May be the owner can use this as reference..

Manjushri

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »

Maybe we should have a top 3 items we would like to invite home. Tell us your wish list to be sold in the online shop. Maybe this will help the online sales people co-ordinate better and estimate the demand.

My Top 3 items I would to invite are:
1. DS pendant
2. DS statue
3. DS thanka

What about yours?

I would like:

1. DS Tsa Tsa
2. DS Pendant
3. DS photo prints (easier to manage on e-shop, i.e. easier to transport around, I feel)

P.S Dear Kris,

haha, I guess we were on the same frequency, in that we have to promote DS and this website to others who do not know about the King just yet (which was what I meant. hehe).

Lol, facebook ads would be an excellent way to reach mass people.. Any ideas of catchy taglines that we could suggest to help the admins of this website??

Just a few suggestions:
1. The easiest way to have all your wishes fulfilled
2. Do you want more wealth and more security?
3. Let Dorje Shugden guide you to your bucket of wealth.

(yes, I've based it all on wealth and having wishes fulfilled, because I guess what everyone wants these days are things that will benefit themselves. :))

Mana

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »
Dear friends,

We at www.dorjeshugden.com are working on this. It will be available. 

Mana

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »
My top three would be:

1. pendant (so that i can wear Dorje Shugden on me always!)
2. statue (because i would be able to have him on my altar. Right now I have a photo of him which i printed out from this site but a statue would be really way cool!)
3. thangka (provided it's not too pricy. I would love to have a Dorje Shugden thangka as a backdrop to my altar too!)

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
My  top  three choices would be:

1) Statue - There are hardly any shops selling DS statues

2) Tsa Tsa -  More affordable  and doesn't take up too much space

3) Pendants - Can wear all the time

To reach out to the masses of people who do not know Dorje Shugden, it will be good if we can purchase brochures in bulk at a reasonable price to distribute to them instead of downloading and print out from  this website.