Author Topic: www.dorjeshugden.com is considering online sales  (Read 20004 times)

Mana

www.dorjeshugden.com is considering online sales
« on: December 02, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »
Dear friends, Due to many requests we are considering to have online sales available here on this website. It is just in talking stages and we may not even do it.

We have been having many requests for hard copy of Dorje Shugden comics, thangkas, statues, and pictures. Our website committee is considering an online sales system and mail ordered items across the world. We have never done this before and we are not profit based. So we will have to investigate into:

1. Acquiring further staff.
2. Warehouse or space to store items.
3. A location to be the base in which we send items out. What country do we wish to send out from.
4. Profit margin to cover rental, purchase/developing/storage of stock. Also to pay artisans for their work.
5. Packing, distribution and mailing.
6. Adding a website portal of shopping cart to this website for payment, paypal, etc.

Our website here has been for the dissemination of information on the lineage, practice and information of Dorje Shugden and related. Perhaps it's time to have Dorje Shugden items available.  We will let everyone know further details as they develop.

What do you think?

Mana

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: www.dorjeshugden.com is considering online sales
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
Great idea!!!! I would fully this!

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:50:55 AM »
I would support. This I am sure is something people definitely are crying out for. Imagine being a secret practitioner unable to get hold of a statue, thangka, not even a pendant.

Great idea and a huge gap in the demand and supply market.
Sorry to sound commercial yet I can't imagine how much it costs to keep this site available to the masses.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
Ooops, I got so excited I forgot a word....

I would fully support this!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
This is a very good idea! I believe many people will support this initiative and they won't mind paying because all funds will go back to support this website as well as spreading of Dorje Shugden worldwide.

But of course everything has to be planned out well so that it will be operated smoothly. This is a great idea indeed! Maybe because of this initiative more creative products to spread Dorje Shugden will be created.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:22:30 AM »
FANTASTIC  IDEA!!!! I  fully SUPPORT!!! All secret DS practitioners will be able to purchase statues, thangkas, pendants on line!!!

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
This is a great idea! It is not easy to find DS related materials, if the practitioners can get the items needed here, how nice would that be! I want to invite DS statues home but not able to find one. I am really jealous of people who actually own one.. hahaha..  ;D

Besides, dorjeshugden.com have been so kind to bring the truth about DS to the world without asking for donation, if this online store materialised, they will be able to raise more fund to spread DS even further and bigger! I rejoice!

Let's pray and work harder towards the lifting of the ban so that more people can benefit. I absolutely love DS.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
That will be fantastic. It is already so RARE to find Shugden items in Nepal & India so by having this online store will be marvelous.

Another thing to consider is to put up an ONLINE DONATION for this website. I've been inspired by this website and I am not able to do much but I definitely would like to sponsor Shugden activities through this website.

Zach

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »
A great Idea  ;D

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
An online store would be fantastic and a dream come true! I would love to have a Dorje Shugden pendant and a statue for my little altar. Please do seriously consider this and make Dorje Shugden available to people like me who have no access to these items. Previously i had thought that i could only get these if i travelled to India or Nepal (or Thailand after I saw the pics in the forum!) but if there's an online store here, that would be bliss! I don't think it's commercial at all, after all, the items have costs involved in their production and i am sure there are costs to run the online store too. I shop online all the time and at least if i shop here, i am contributing to a good cause as well as receiving items which help my Dharma practice!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
I have only this to say:

WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

Galen

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
Opening an online shop is definitely a great idea. I will definitely support it. Also I am sure a lot of Dorje Shugden practitioners will buy from this site because it is difficult to get this items form anywhere else.

And I think people would also like to contribute financially to this website but not available. This online shop could be an avenue for people to contribute!

Like like like!!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
An online shop would have a far reach to many people around the globe and makes it easier for people to spread Dorje Shugden. The products are really high quality and many hours and much efforts have been spent on the development of such items. I think definitely worth a try to give it a go as the products are really in hot demand as shown in Thailand which happens to be Buddhist as well. TGIE would look like dinosaurs with their archaic ban.

Roberto

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
What are we waiting for? I wouldn't have the faintest clue of where to get myself a statue in the U.S. Even worse if I were to travel to the countries with the ban. By keeping everyone's identity confidential, we all win!

Thanks for starting the ball rolling... May it snowball!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
1. Acquiring further staff.
2. Warehouse or space to store items.
3. A location to be the base in which we send items out. What country do we wish to send out from.
4. Profit margin to cover rental, purchase/developing/storage of stock. Also to pay artisans for their work.
5. Packing, distribution and mailing.
6. Adding a website portal of shopping cart to this website for payment, paypal, etc.

These are quite a number of things to consider... the DS.com administrators are incredible and very, very compassionate for offering this new "service".

I think it's a brilliant idea! Whenever I take a look at some of the photos posted by DS.com, I see a lot of items that can't be bought any where and are unique to this site e.g. pendants.

I, for one, would love to have a pendant to give my friends and family. I see that there are pendants with different languages like Chinese and Thai on the backings as well, what a great gift for my foreign friends!

I'm going to post this thread onto my Facebook and see what the response is :)