Author Topic: SERPOM Monastery Grand Opening on December 2, 2011 (this Friday!)  (Read 23384 times)

DSFriend

Re: SERPOM Monastery Grand Opening on December 2, 2011 (this Friday!)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »
Another Dorje Shugden monastery comes to the fore front, this will be another dent in the ban. Hope videos, articles , lots of pictures come out from this opening.

Losang_Tenpa you will get your trusty video camera ready, set go!!!!

I will take as many pictures as I can....

:)

I sure am looking forward to your pictures :) Thanks Losang Tenpa

DSFriend

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »

In another incident, Kundeling Rinpoche requested Yongyal Rinpoche to come out as a "spiritual leader" of the Dorje Shugden movement.  Yongyal Rinpoche simply replied, "Oh, I am very ignorant, can't even speak English... This is a task for you new generation who are more smart and talented than I am. I am just an ignorant monk." 

I will make requests to Rinpoche and ask about making his teachings available.  In the meantime, we must all pray for the long life of lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche.  While some of us serve to fight for the rights of practitioners and make the issue known, precious lamas such as Yongyal Rinpoche serve the cause by bestowing teachings.

Dear ChoDorje
Thank you for such a heartwarming sharing about your lama, Yongyal Rinpoche. Besides him being such a humble monk, what struck me also is his statement in regards to having the new generation to lead the Dorje Shugden movement! I'd interpret this as lay people, everyday normal people who have received Dorje Shugden as their protector to lead this movement.

Patrons having helped to build Serpom, and the many supporters who will be attending this auspicious opening of Serpom will certainly send a message to the world.. a message that though there has been so much persecutions, Dorje Shugden practitioners stand strong in faith because of how Dorje Shugden has helped us.

And you kindly making your lama's teachings known would bring so much happiness to many.

my best wishes to you

icy

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
A group of my friends are travelling all the way to Serpom Monastery for the Grand Opening.  I regret I have to miss this.  However, I rejoice they can make it.  I will await their news.

thor

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
Kyabje Rinpoche is extremely low key... When he first came to the US, devotees offered him a very very big multi-acre plot of land that would have been big enough to build a center just as big as Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche's center in Vermont.  However, Rinpoche compassionately declined the offer and said that those who have the causes of receiving teachings from him will naturally come.  There is no need to maintain a big, grand expensive center.  He's very very low key. 

Kundeling Rinpoche once wanted to compile a collection of the heroic deeds of these lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche and what they suffered in order to preserve their Dorje Shugden practice.  On behalf of Kundeling Rinpoche, I made many requests to Yongyal Rinpoche.  At the end, Yongyal Rinpoche said his biography would simply be, "Was recognized at a young age, studied at Sera Monastery, received Geshe degree in 1980, and then moved to USA. It's just that simple."

In another incident, Kundeling Rinpoche requested Yongyal Rinpoche to come out as a "spiritual leader" of the Dorje Shugden movement.  Yongyal Rinpoche simply replied, "Oh, I am very ignorant, can't even speak English... This is a task for you new generation who are more smart and talented than I am. I am just an ignorant monk." 

I will make requests to Rinpoche and ask about making his teachings available.  In the meantime, we must all pray for the long life of lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche.  While some of us serve to fight for the rights of practitioners and make the issue known, precious lamas such as Yongyal Rinpoche serve the cause by bestowing teachings.

Dear Cho Dorje,
The way you speak about your guru is commendable, and it speaks volumes about your teacher as it is how he has taught you and how you see him. I have heard volumes about Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche, mostly from my teacher who was a student of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche hence the connection.
I am unfortunately unable to visit Serpom for the opening and the teachings by Kyabje Rinpoche but some of my friends are, and I envy them this opportunity to be in the presence of your holy teacher.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »
Cho Dorje , hope the students of Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche will keep very very good records and when the time is right do share with the world the words and deeds , he will surely be an inspiration for all people who faced extreme difficulties in their lives. 

Big Uncle

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »
Is any of the people on the forum attending this ceremony? Or even the admins of this forum? Can somebody post some wonderful photos for us to rejoice? Hehe! I am excited and would very much like to witness this in person but photos will do fine too. A funny thought came to me that what if the Dalai Lama suddenly calls off the ban and orders the monasteries to  get back together. Wishful thinking? I know. But that is going to be such a Milarepa situation.

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
GLORY TO SERPOM GOMPA AND HIS MATCHLESS SANGHA,MAY YOU HAVE GREAT SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE SPREADING OF THE PURE MANJUNATHA TRADITION.
Paolo

DharmaSpace

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
I am sure many people from all over the world would congregate at Serpom, yeah lets show CTA their puny little efforts of the ban are like a dog barking at the mountains no effect whatsoever. CTA another dorje shugden monastery is manifesting and there is not much you can do about it.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
Can anyone share the news for Serpom? How was the opening? What happened there ?

beggar

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »
All my sincerest and best wishes to Serpom, who have only shown the whole world the real blessings and power of mighty Dorje Shugden. By this alone, it is clear that Dorje Shugden cannot be an evil spirit, for how can an evil spirit be creating so much growth in the dharma - it is contradictory and does not match.

Most of all, the Sangha of Serpom and Shar Gaden have shown the real strength of a Dorje Shugden practitioner and a true Buddhist. They have shown the world that no matter what the obstacle and no matter how much they are trodden upon, they will never give up their loyalties, commitment, devotion and compassion. They have not only continued their practices in the face of hardship but continued to make it grow against all odds and with no support from their own people. And most importantly, they have achieved all this without uttering a single bad word against the perpetrators of the ban. This is true the true practice and compassion of a true Buddhist practitioner.

Thank you to all the Sangha of Serpom and Shar Gaden for showing us real true, live examples of practice in this day and age. You are an inspiration for us at every moment.

vajrastorm

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 06:05:04 AM »
Congratulations and I rejoice at the very successful grand opening of Serpom Monastery, a new DS monastery. Being headed by such a highly capable great Master like Yongyal Geshe Rinpoche, Serpom(like Shar Gaden and other great Shugden monasteries) will surely shine as a beacon to spread Je Tsongkapa's teachings and the practice of its Protector, Dorje Shugden.

THe sangha who worked tirelessly to ensure a smooth and harmonious grand opening of this monastery are to be lauded too, for their efforts and actions(in the face of so much opposition and often aggressive opposition) reflect their strong focus on the Dharma and showcase to the world how these devoted  Dorje Shugden practitioners are so  committed to the spread of Je Tsongkapa's lineage teachings.