Author Topic: SERPOM Monastery Grand Opening on December 2, 2011 (this Friday!)  (Read 23372 times)

Dolce Vita

• Email
Re: SERPOM Monastery Grand Opening on December 2, 2011 (this Friday!)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »
I rejoice! I am so happy that another DS practising monastery has established. Depsite the difficulties these monks face, they did not give up their practice. Now they even have their monastery built! It must be the blessings from DS also. I wish I could go to witness and participate the opening ceremony, to listen to hundreds of monks chanting.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 05:12:58 AM »
Dear ChoDorje

Welcome to the forum :) it's wonderful to have you here and I hope you will share with us your experiences with your Guru, Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche, and anything about Dorje Shugden.

Are you based in US? Have you been to Serpom?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »
Glory to SERPOM SANGHA you are the winners!Paolo

kurava

• Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
Wow, how lucky if one can attend the grand opening of this Monastery !

I rejoice in the merits of those that will be going for this opening. Please take loads of pictures for us. :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
Welcome Cho Dorje to the forum great to know more and more new people are joining and sharing and discussion. Kyabjye Yongyal who is one of the Oral Gaden Tradition will be giving empowerments, how blessed are those who will receive even one word from his mouth. Rejoice more people will have their dharma practise.

DSFriend

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
The opening will be such a joyous event! Looking forward to seeing the pictures and hopefully videos too!

It is because of monasteries like Serpom and many more, who continued to be steadfast in their faith, practice and dedication despite the religious persecutions, that we have great masters and teachers spreading the dharma.

May Serpom receive all that is needed to continue their very beneficial works.

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 02:04:17 AM »
Dear ChoDorje

Welcome to the forum :) it's wonderful to have you here and I hope you will share with us your experiences with your Guru, Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche, and anything about Dorje Shugden.

Are you based in US? Have you been to Serpom?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thank you all for the welcome. I have the immense good fortune to live 10 minutes away from Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche in the US.  Therefore, through many eons of gathering the two accumulations, I can behold the face of my compassionate guru with ease and receive personal teachings and transmissions from him. Kyabje Rinpoche is always speaking about the merits and benefits of the Dorje Shugden practice.

From my other compassionate guru, Venerable Kundeling Rinpoche, I learned about the hardships Yongyal Rinpoche endured in other to stay faithful to the instructions from his root lama, Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, and the Protector Dorje Shugden. Therefore, indeed, Yongyal Rinpoche is the wishfulfilling jewel of our precious Ganden Close Lineage.  Rinpoche holds all the transmissions in our lineage, making him a pure lineage holder.  He is always practicing.  When we have meals together at restaurants, when we are waiting for the food to come, he is reciting his sadhanas from his little sadhana compendium. Every time I see Rinpoche, he has a sadhana in front of him.  He never wastes a moment of time doing non-Dharma activities.

Therefore, with the list of Guru Mantras in the home page, I would like to request the Guru Mantra of Yongyal Rinpoche added:  OM AH GURU VAJRADHARA WAGINDRA SUMATI SHASANA DHARA KARMA SUMUDRA SIDDHI HUM HUM.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »
Cho Dorje Do you record when Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche is giving teachings on video perhaps? It would be awesome to see your lama on a video since I cannot be close to him. Also is there a bio about Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche ? Have you shown him the Graphic Novel and 'Illustrated Story'  made by this website and also all the other things like brochures and etc. thanks for sharing some snippets of how Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche attends to his life. I tried to search for pictures and more information about him but not much available on the net.

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
Kyabje Rinpoche is extremely low key... When he first came to the US, devotees offered him a very very big multi-acre plot of land that would have been big enough to build a center just as big as Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche's center in Vermont.  However, Rinpoche compassionately declined the offer and said that those who have the causes of receiving teachings from him will naturally come.  There is no need to maintain a big, grand expensive center.  He's very very low key. 

Kundeling Rinpoche once wanted to compile a collection of the heroic deeds of these lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche and what they suffered in order to preserve their Dorje Shugden practice.  On behalf of Kundeling Rinpoche, I made many requests to Yongyal Rinpoche.  At the end, Yongyal Rinpoche said his biography would simply be, "Was recognized at a young age, studied at Sera Monastery, received Geshe degree in 1980, and then moved to USA. It's just that simple."

In another incident, Kundeling Rinpoche requested Yongyal Rinpoche to come out as a "spiritual leader" of the Dorje Shugden movement.  Yongyal Rinpoche simply replied, "Oh, I am very ignorant, can't even speak English... This is a task for you new generation who are more smart and talented than I am. I am just an ignorant monk." 

I will make requests to Rinpoche and ask about making his teachings available.  In the meantime, we must all pray for the long life of lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche.  While some of us serve to fight for the rights of practitioners and make the issue known, precious lamas such as Yongyal Rinpoche serve the cause by bestowing teachings. 

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
Kyabje Rinpoche is extremely low key... When he first came to the US, devotees offered him a very very big multi-acre plot of land that would have been big enough to build a center just as big as Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche's center in Vermont.  However, Rinpoche compassionately declined the offer and said that those who have the causes of receiving teachings from him will naturally come.  There is no need to maintain a big, grand expensive center.  He's very very low key. 

Kundeling Rinpoche once wanted to compile a collection of the heroic deeds of these lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche and what they suffered in order to preserve their Dorje Shugden practice.  On behalf of Kundeling Rinpoche, I made many requests to Yongyal Rinpoche.  At the end, Yongyal Rinpoche said his biography would simply be, "Was recognized at a young age, studied at Sera Monastery, received Geshe degree in 1980, and then moved to USA. It's just that simple."

In another incident, Kundeling Rinpoche requested Yongyal Rinpoche to come out as a "spiritual leader" of the Dorje Shugden movement.  Yongyal Rinpoche simply replied, "Oh, I am very ignorant, can't even speak English... This is a task for you new generation who are more smart and talented than I am. I am just an ignorant monk." 

I will make requests to Rinpoche and ask about making his teachings available.  In the meantime, we must all pray for the long life of lineage masters such as Yongyal Rinpoche.  While some of us serve to fight for the rights of practitioners and make the issue known, precious lamas such as Yongyal Rinpoche serve the cause by bestowing teachings.

I absolutely love hearing about this!! Such a humble monk. That speaks volumes about Rinpoche's inner qualities. Thank you for sharing.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Thank you Chodorje I knew there was an explanation as to why Kyabjye Yongyal information was so very scarce. Yes do request for this teachings to be available in a variety of formats. It will help to spread buddha dharma even much much more

dsiluvu

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 08:29:35 PM »
What a great rejoicing news... Yet another pillar arises to bring forth uncontaminated teachings. May Dorje Shugden rise to protect us all and bring forth Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings!!!

Yes Losang Tenpa is would be awesome if you would share pictures of the grand opening as well as the debate  ;) How wonderful it is to hear that young masters are being trained and continuing the lineage.

Welcome ChoDorje and thank you for your sharing. It is always inspiring to know of another great master's work and their perseverance in Dorje Shugden's practice. Do share more and perhaps some more pictures of Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche  ;)

Big Uncle

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
Another Dorje Shugden monastery comes to the fore front, this will be another dent in the ban. Hope videos, articles , lots of pictures come out from this opening.

Losang_Tenpa you will get your trusty video camera ready, set go!!!!

I will take as many pictures as I can....

:)

What a joyous occasion and great victory for the lineage of Dorje Shugden. A monastery of great spiritual luminaries, which will create many more great practitioners of Dorje Shugden, monks, scholars, Geshes and yogis. They will be the one that will be the forefront of Dorje Shugden's expansion within monastic circles and the world when they ban comes down. Please, please post many pictures for us to enjoy and rejoice.

icy

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
How wonderful to know another Dorje Shugden monastery coming to the fore front.  This is due to peoples' good merit and faith in Dorje Shugden.  Hope people will share pictures and videos of the opening.  I am waiting and I am sure I am not alone.

pgdharma

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
The Main Prayer Hall in Serpom Monastery looks so grand and majestic.  It will take a lot of merits to visit and witness this historic occasion.

May more great monasteries flourish and may the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa flourish!

Looking forward to more photos of the Grand Opening!