Author Topic: Story about a bird  (Read 14370 times)

Klein

Re: Story about a bird
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
It's incredible how fast Dorje Shugden helps us. It's a miracle that a bird can appear in the Himalayan mountains, let alone lead them to a village. Wow! Thanks for sharing this incredible story.

icy

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 01:31:56 AM »
I believe when we have full faith in Dorje Shugden the story of this little bird can happen.  This story is very inspirational and I will hold it close to my heart  if I waver. I will also tell this story to my friends.

Dorje Shugden is definitely the Protector of our time - Swift and Powerful!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 04:05:06 AM »
I have a short story about a bird...

When I was in my early 20s, I fell off a 170 foot cliff in Wisconsin while hiking with friends. It was a very isolated area and when my friends finally contacted the rescue team, they were unable to determine where to start looking for me due to my friends giving conflicting stories about what cliff I actually fell from.
It was at this time that one of the men from the rescue team noticed a hawk circling in the distance. As he watched the hawk he noticed that the hawk keep circling the same area. WIth nothing else to go on, the rescue team made their way to where the hawk was circling. They found that this bird had been circling me as I lay unconcious; with 2 broken hips, a shattered ankle, and my femor bone poking though my shorts.
I was later told that without seeing this bird and finding me when they did I surely would have died in a very short time as I was losing blood very quickly.

Not sure if this bird was an emanation of our Protector or not, but needless to say I feel a very special connection to hawks now and often dream of them when I have some difficulty in my life.

thaimonk

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »

When I was in my early 20s, I fell off a 170 foot cliff in Wisconsin while hiking with friends. It was a very isolated area and when my friends finally contacted the rescue team, they were unable to determine where to start looking for me due to my friends giving conflicting stories about what cliff I actually fell from.
It was at this time that one of the men from the rescue team noticed a hawk circling in the distance. As he watched the hawk he noticed that the hawk keep circling the same area. WIth nothing else to go on, the rescue team made their way to where the hawk was circling. They found that this bird had been circling me as I lay unconcious; with 2 broken hips, a shattered ankle, and my femor bone poking though my shorts.
I was later told that without seeing this bird and finding me when they did I surely would have died in a very short time as I was losing blood very quickly.

Not sure if this bird was an emanation of our Protector or not, but needless to say I feel a very special connection to hawks now and often dream of them when I have some difficulty in my life.

What a beautiful and inspiring story. Definitely the hawk must be some manifestation of your good karma and the merits to live opening the gateway for one of the Three Jewels or an elemental being of that area to appear as a bird or bless a bird to come to your rescue. Or perhaps your previous life did Shugden practice strongly and He was able to manifest for you even before you knew him. Just guesses here. I am just guessing. But for sure these days if you have stressful situations a hawk appears in your dream, is a good sign you are watched. Shugden's compassion overrides all that we are and all that we believe we are or not.

I guess the way to go is to do intense Shugden practice daily and retreats yearly. Since your in Shar Gaden, the monks can show you how to retreat, tormas, and completion fire pujas?

Anyway, rejoice for you.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 06:58:49 AM »

What a beautiful and inspiring story. Definitely the hawk must be some manifestation of your good karma and the merits to live opening the gateway for one of the Three Jewels or an elemental being of that area to appear as a bird or bless a bird to come to your rescue. Or perhaps your previous life did Shugden practice strongly and He was able to manifest for you even before you knew him. Just guesses here. I am just guessing. But for sure these days if you have stressful situations a hawk appears in your dream, is a good sign you are watched. Shugden's compassion overrides all that we are and all that we believe we are or not.

I guess the way to go is to do intense Shugden practice daily and retreats yearly. Since your in Shar Gaden, the monks can show you how to retreat, tormas, and completion fire pujas?

Anyway, rejoice for you.

Thank you. I do my sadhana every morning now without missing a day....it is very important to keep this consistancy...I fell I slide back if I do not do it every day. I alway do the Dorje Shugden Kangwa and Shakpa daily. Today we are doing the Dorje Shugden Kangso (I am on a short afternoon break now)...The kangso takes 8 hours and feels very powerful to sit with all of the other monks sharing in this sacred practice. I hope to do retreat someday soon, but not sure when I will get the chance.

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »
I like the Kawang part mostly these days and think of the things I want to offer up, all those things that stifle my growth. Plus Kawang can really remove our obstacles.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
Thank you Dharma Defender & Losang_ Tenpa for sharing these beautiful and inspirational accounts of faith.

I don't call them stories because I believe your accounts of what happened to you is true.

Keeping clean samaya with one's Guru, Yidam and Protector definitely will help remove obstacles and bestow conducive conditions on our path. With the same faith, I am sure if DS practitioners keep to our practice purely and sincerely , the Ban will be lifted soon. May we see the bird of DS flying freely in the near future.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »
Thank you Dharma Defender & Losang_ Tenpa for sharing these beautiful and inspirational accounts of faith.

I don't call them stories because I believe your accounts of what happened to you is true.

Keeping clean samaya with one's Guru, Yidam and Protector definitely will help remove obstacles and bestow conducive conditions on our path. With the same faith, I am sure if DS practitioners keep to our practice purely and sincerely , the Ban will be lifted soon. May we see the bird of DS flying freely in the near future.

The story I related above is one of a few from my past that I rarely tell people about for fear they will think I am not being truthful. This story in particular was recorded in the local newspaper the day after it happened. If anyone is interested in seeing the newspaper clipping that I scanned, send me a message.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »
The story could be understood as an example of how the previous vow of Shakyamuni holds true; there is no need to insert any protectors here.

There is a need when you consider the backstory, which is that these monks did protector practice and offered sang to Dorje Shugden every day they were in the Himalayas, and asked him directly for his help.

Gypsy

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »
Beautiful story of by having strong faith in dorje shugden, there's nothing to be fear of. Imagine putting myself in that terrible situation, I would have already given up, but if we do really believe that our protector is always there for us, then just believe he will help and we will be helped. To me, the moral of this story is all about faith. Without faith, we can't generate positive energy like loyalty, honesty, integrity and optimism. With faith in protector, firstly we clear our inner obstacles like doubts and fear that stop us from making right decision, then eventually outer obstacles will be removed.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »

Enlightened Beings can definitely perform miraculous events. The fact Shugden can enter a human oracle is itself attesting to the mystical and miraculous side of Dorje Shugden. We can never limit the abilities of a Buddha. Their miracles can be seen as actual miracles and also simultaneously methods to subdue certain delusions. After all, Buddha Shakyamuni performed many miralces during His lifetime. Certainly an Awakened being can manifest in thousands of thousands of simultaneous emanations performing many deeds benefitting others.

I've also heard from a monk before that Shugden is able to help us during the time of death. His entourage will guide us for our next rebirth. As death faces us, we will be scare, confused, attached and etc but during that time, his entourage sometimes a monk will appear to guide us.

I've also heard before that Shugden can appear as someone familiar to us ie : our mothers and someone close to us, so that we are not afraid during that time and they'll guide us to our next rebirth. Isn't that wonderful.

I shall keep Shugden close to me at all times, for me and for the people I love.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
Seems birds feature a lot in stories about Dorje Shugden...

The other day I was talking to a fellow Shugdenpa whos just come back from India. While he was there, he said he heard a story about how Dorje Shugden helped his friend cross the mountains.

Apparently there were a group of monks making their escape and they got lost in the mountains. They were so hungry to the point of boiling their belts to eat. Anyway, story goes they never lost faith in the Protector and prayed to him every day.

(......)

It was at this time that one of the men from the rescue team noticed a hawk circling in the distance. As he watched the hawk he noticed that the hawk keep circling the same area.

(......)

Another story that I know regarding protective birds, is one relating to the Dalai Lama.

During my trip to India, I met a family who were very devoted towards the Dalai Lama. They weren't those who were intertwined within the Dorje Shugden controversy, and needless to say, they didn't really care. They prayed to both.

The mother of the house told me that when the 14th Dalai Lama was young, he got lost. When his family went in search for him, there were 2 hawks in the trees above him. They were fierce, ferocious and very protective - not letting anyone near him.

The only person whom they allowed close to the Dalai Lama was his mother.

The love from both our mother and protector are unparalleled.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
This story about a bird is very touching. But for me, the most touching part is that the monks followed the bird with faith. Can you imagine if the monks dismissed the bird as a mere bird? They would have been dead today.

Dorje Shugden can come up with many ways to help us but if we do not develop faith in Him, do you think our problems will be solved quickly and smoothly? Dorje Shugden will help us no matter what but if we do not have faith in Him, we create more obstacles which will make it hard for our problems to be solved.

So whatever is it, we should always do our prayers with faith and sincerity and trust that our Protector will always protect us!