Author Topic: What changes do you feel after propitiating Dorje Shudgen?  (Read 10393 times)

DharmaSpace

What changes do you feel after propitiating Dorje Shudgen?
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
Well personally I felt I had more courage to take on more work and responsibilities and my mind calmed down, and I was able to absorb information much much better.

Some people felt a sense of peace, I am sure you all have your own very stories to tell do share please thank you.

Barzin

Re: What changes do you feel after propitiating Dorje Shudgen?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
Personally I feel conditions are more favorable for me to practice dharma.  Sometimes I even consider myself lucky to get through some difficult situations.  There was a time when my mum was suffering from cancer, and it worried her so much.  So i introduced protector practice to her.  She recovered slowly and did her prayer daily without fail even though she was a Christian!  Slowly, I see her more clam, more peaceful and less worry and angry.  Then she began to pick up dharma, attending classes and volunteering.  Not only that, even her health is not so good, she will somehow have a good condition or help to go learn the dharma.  For example, no one was free that day to drive her to the dharma class, somehow my sister would have last minute appointment canceled and able to drive my mum to the class.  Slowly, I see the changes in both my mum and sis.  I suppose this is how protector would manifest in different ways to help us to learn the dharma and do dharma work.  These are just some examples...

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:38 AM »
Thank you for sharing this story, do share this story around to the many people you know. So that many people know there are other avenues/alternatives to solve their worldly problems.

Dorje Shugden is the uncommon protector of Lama Tsongkhapa’s teachings on Nagarjuna’s precious philosophy of the Middle Way. Just like Lama Tsongkhapa practise that bestows long life and wisdom on its practitioners so will the practise of Dorje Shugden who protects the practitioner from the two main obstacles of dharma. The two obstacles are a short life and ignorance.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »
Of course it is very clear Dorje Shugden will help all beings no matter what religion or faith they may be.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »
After propitiating DS, I always feel that he is always watching over me.  Life is still full of challenges but the difference is when I am at my lowest points, somehow some sort of help will miraculously come to me.  I must say he had saved me many times.  If not for his help, I could have made decisions that could completely change the course of my life which could have been very detrimental to my spiritual path.  I am very grateful to my Guru for giving me this practice and DS for always watching out for me.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 03:57:19 AM »
Dorje Shugden has helped be stay on the path... yes, perhaps some will say it's merits, it's karma, it's blessings, but knowing that he is always near, knowing that he helps as long as we are sincere and wishes to be better people. Especially in a place where it's not a monastic community, Protector has been my anchor of strength. I am ever grateful to my lama for giving me this practice.

beggar

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »
a great thread - personal experiences, sharings and thoughts are always welcome and are the best way to connect with others.

Don't forget that this website also has a very comprehensive collection of beautiful testimonials, written by followers of the site who have received much benefit from the practice and were courageous enough to share their stories. See them all here in the "Blessed by Shugden" section of the website:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=5072

I do believe the website administrators would be happy to receive more accounts if you wished to share your stories and experiences. Remember that every personal story and experience could help someone else out there and lend a lot of inspiration, faith and hope. This could be your way to contribute to the continued growth of the website and to helping others.

Happy reading (and writing!)

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
I don't have a dramatic life-threatening crisis, in which Dorje Shugden saved me. But I do recall of the few times when I was really low and I needed help, all I did was offered a black tea offering. He comes to answer my simple prayers very swiftly.

All problems, be it little problems with my job or personal relationships, he brings solutions very swiftly. Sometimes, he doesn't solve the problem for me but allow me to experience a little loss, defeat and disappointment. I always view these experiences that are meant to make me stronger and allows me to apply the little Dharma that I have learnt. I guess that is the blessings that he bestows.

hope rainbow

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »
CONFIDENCE!

Dorje Shugden has given me confidence that what I am doing is correct.

I have seen consequences of a fading faith on my mind and on "my world": depression, sense of failure, sense of degeneration, rising of obstacles coming by waves, tears, friends leaving me!

Then I have experienced the opposite, how faith in Dorje Shugden makes obstacles fade away, gives me golden opportunities in both mundane and spiritual aspects, how friends arise from many places, smiles too...

This I have now experienced for long enough to have CONFIDENCE in Dorje Shugden.
Lucky are those who have this confidence immediately, for they won't have to go through experimenting obstacles as I did.

Between (a) experiencing our negative karma and obstacles and (b) ongoing a sometimes difficult spiritual journey, let's not be fooled in thinking that the first option would be more comfortable.
Let's not choose stupidity over enlightenment.

Zach

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
There is a reason why In Our "Heart Jewel" Sadhana he is called our closet friend and helper he is a direct manifestation of Je Tsongkhapa appearing in a close worldly aspect, Even in this aspect certain marks and indications reveal his true nature as an enlightened protector. He has protected me like a friend I am forever greatful, he protects my benefactors as well. He manifests inseperably from my Guru and continously teaches Dharma and removes harmful conditions for this I am forever greatful. He has Gaurded and been with me like a shadow of a body and to all those who find these leaflets about him I sincerly hope they rely on him and come to find out how helpful he is...In time those with no Gurus shall find perfect teachers through relying upon this Dharma protector of Je Tsongkhapa it is inevitable.

Always helping, Always protecting this is the Great king Dorje shugdens function. Eventually everyone will come to rely on him.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »
Thanks Zach W nicely put. Planting Dorje Shudgen in people's mind is planting seeds of Manjushri in them and seeds will one day sprout and they will be on their way to enlightenment! I once was in my lama's residence and I was having fever and I was shivering and I was supposeed to go there and get some work done. And then i thought to myself lama and protector are one! Wow the fever just went away like that.

icy

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
I feel DS is my closest friend who I can trust every life time.  He will never fail me and has the wisdom to bring about the necessary condition for the progress of my spiritual path.  I can always rely on him.  My Lama has so kindly empowered DS to me and he knows best what is good for me.  I am more at peace and worrisome.

Positive Change

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
I feel my mind calmer and less worrisome as I continue to trust and surrender to our protector. Somehow, whatever obstacles that come into my life clears in ways I even cant begin to fathom or explain. Sometimes I worry myself sick over a problem which I can't seem to solve as I do not have the answers but somehow, our protector finds/shows a way and it is like a huge weight of my shoulders.

icy

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
Yes, I am more at peace and less worrisome.  Some time when there was a critical moment in my life and things did not go the way I wanted but in the end it turned out to be positive.  It is always some kind of purification at the beginning and towards the end the obstacle become cleared to reveal it was a blessing in disguise.

This is how we can rely on DS 100%. 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Years back I got this advise from protector and he advised me to study the lamrim its one of my life's best decisions I have ever made. Even right now as I red through the lamrim it is joyful and one finds new things that the previous time I never took notice of. Lamrim represents the truth, hence we feel good and free when our view get close to the truth. 

Thank you protector!