Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Pendants  (Read 23195 times)

DharmaSpace

Dorje Shugden Pendants
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.269700419723358.86587.269699113056822

These are really cool dorje Shugden pendants promoted by the Thai Dorje Shugden group there. Someone worked really hard to make this accessible to the masses in Thailand. So kind to have provided this to people to be blessed by the new King. Thais are really remarkable people and they respect their monks and king a lot.

kurava

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Pendants
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:21 AM »
They look cool, very different from the traditional pendants of Buddhist deities.

I bet many young people will love to have one.

The Thais are so lucky, these pendants are available to anyone who wishes to be blessed !

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:52:12 AM »
Wow! The pendants are lovely and I wish I have one myself. It must be amazing to be spreading Dorje Shugden in Thailand so openly. I am sure the Thais are very accepting unlike many other places. I think it is the language and the fact that Tibetan politics have not infiltrated their society yet. On top of that, the Thais have a culture of Buddhism and respect for the Gods. Lovely. 

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:37:30 PM »
What when did Thailand start practising Dorje Shugden?
That's truly a first.
Nice pendant too!

Talk about free from politics...

Truly Blessed,
Thailand is soo lucky:)

whitelion

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
The Thai pendants look cool. I have been to Thailand quite a few times but never seen any Dorje Shugden images before. Understand that Thailand Buddhism is always follow Theravada tradition mixed with ancient Hindu believes, it's really a good news that Vajrayana especially Gelugpa is growing in Thailand.

I really hope Dorje Shugden practice will be widely spread in Thailand, because Thais are very kind in nature, and they respect all Buddha, they do not like politic in religion, which means they will not care about CTA's ban and just pray and get benefited, so simple and nice, this makes me really envy about them.

By the way anybody know where can i get this pendants ? Is it for free, or do we need to purchase it ? Is it in a temple or those pendants market ?

I will really wanna get one for myself on my next trip to Thailand, and this is another excuse for me to be there.

kris

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
Yes, we now have Phra Dorje Shugden in Bangkok Thailand!!

The pendents are given out for free, and may whoever touch the pendents, the Manjushri's seeds are planted in to their mind stream. May they become Dharma teachers in this life or future lives, to spread the Dharma.

We request that Dorje Shugden show signs and compassion to the people of Thailand...

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Just been checking out the Thai Dorje Shugden facebook it looks like the practise is unstoppable many more people are getting a taste of whats it like to rely on Manjushri.
https://www.facebook.com/phrashugden

Looks like many chapels are sprouting like mushrooms after rain! May the thais be blessed by wrathful Manjushri.

Barzin

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 10:46:30 PM »
It only indicates that while the Tibetans are having issues with the protector, another place is growing with the practice.  How ironic!  Needless to say, the trend is always like that.  The more you want to stop something, the more it will happen.  I guess it's karma I suppose.  I mean how can you stop karma from ripening?  We all clearly know that if it's good, it's unstoppable!  Thailand is such beautiful country with very beautiful people, they deserve to have something good.  In fact, most of them are very devoted Buddhist and respect of all things Buddhist.  they will welcome Dorje Shugden with open arms.  Sorry to be rude, while one can keep complaining and pulling Shugden's posters down, while 3 are putting posters up and praying else where.  So keep talking.

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
The pendant looks nice. Upon checking the Thai Dorje Shugden facebook, the photos showed happy faces of the Thais with their pendants, photos and tsa tsa of Dorje Shugden. There's even an altar set up in the floating market for the public to pray to Dorje Shugden. The Thais are truly blessed!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »
Such beautiful pendants! I hope to have one of this pendants one day. Can Dorje Shugden spread globally already? It will be nice to see everyone wearing the pendants around.

It will be nice to see it as a trend! Those who are creative please create more pendants! I am so excited can I have one now?!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 05:48:48 PM »
WOW! Brovo to the group who is spreading Dorje Shugden in Thailand. Your efforts will definitely benefit a lot of people. A dharma friend of mine just came back from Bangkok a few weeks ago and she told me that she saw Dorje Shudgen pendants and picture cards being displayed in shops in Jatujak Market!!! May DS spread further and wider.

Tenzin K

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »
Wow! Lord Shugden is in Thailand now!

Not to say that I'm surprise but this Buddhist country is very lucky and they deserve it. Thailand has a very strong Buddhist culture and for Lord Shugden practice to spread there is maverlous.

So happy to know this and seeing the picture of the big Lord Shugden statues at the floating market……really beautiful.
Every single person walk by will get the blessing and i can see that there are some pic display too.   
Great work for the people spreading this great practice in Thailand.
Would really want to visit this place!

Rejoice!

Roberto

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Awesome, I am going there for my Christmas Holidays will definitely keep a look out for our King! The address on the facebook page is that where I would find him...?

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
Wow, I was just commenting on Mana's Thangka earlier and I saw this post. I love pendants and I always thought that it was cool to wear a Shugden pendant or any Buddha pendant. The only places which I know I can get these pendnats are from India & Nepal. The nicer ones there are very expensive.

Can anyone please let me know where else I can get the pendants?

Klein

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
Wow! I'm so happy to know that we have Thai friends spreading our protector's practice. I'm sure many people's lives will be touched by our protector especially during the recent floods. It'd be great if there are practitioners from different countries do similar projects in their own country. I guess it's important to go back to the grass roots.