Author Topic: Negative effects on Dorje Shugden practitioners  (Read 16033 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Negative effects on Dorje Shugden practitioners
« on: September 25, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »
Dear all Dorje Shugden practitioners,

With all the bad press that Dorje Shugden has received... can anyone highlight any negative effects Dorje Shugden practice has had on its practitioners?

When i've asked DS critics, usually the murders which are mentioned in http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=9065 are brought up.. but as can be seen at the link, all the allegations are definitely not beyond reasonable doubt. Anyway i am sure that more Christians/Muslims/Hindus/Buddhists aside from DS practitioners have committed crimes over the past few decades but no one is saying that they are practising an evil cult? I read somewhere a good point that just because the Al Queda have committed terrorism in the name of Islam, it doesn't mean that all Muslims are bad.

The high lamas who practised Shugden are reincarnating back, the monasteries are thriving.. the Dalai Lama's life is not shortened... Tibet is not seeking independence (so DS practice will not affect independence) so what is the issue?

I don't get it.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

Re: Negative effects on Dorje Shugden practitioners
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.0

I read again about Choyang Dulzin Kuten and his life seems to be for others benefit. My lama told me if the deity going in was negative it will harm the person being possessed if the being was positive it will heal the person being occupied by the deity. I have seen a couple of pictures of the Dorje Shugden oracle they look really charismatic and vibrant full of vitality. 

So Dorje Shugden is not having any adverse effects on its practitioners. Just read Trijang RInpoche's bio it is all there. 

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:53 AM »
Negative effects? None that I have personally experienced. Perhaps, the only thing negative from Dorje Shugden practice would be the discrimination, rumors and bad talk that I have experienced from other Tibetan Buddhist practitioners. Once people know I am Tibetan Buddhist, many will ask if I practice 'THE' Protector, insinuating he is evil and powerful. To avoid all that, I have to be careful of who I talk to about Dorje Shugden. It is very sad that I have to hide Dorje Shugden like that as he should be promoted and spread widely as he is extremely beneficial and efficacious. It is also very tiring and a big hassle to keep up the pretense. So I hope the ban is quickly dissolved.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
Same with Big Uncle.  I have not experienced any negative effects from DS practice.  In fact, on hind sight, from the time I came in contact with DS my life have changed drastically especially in the spiritual aspect. If not for DS, I would have chosen a completely different path. Of course, the process of it may not have been exactly what I had in mind but I guess that is just DS's way of giving me what I need instead of what I want which could have been completely detrimental to myself now that I think about it.  In  short, I must say that the situation DS has "arranged" for me to be in has had positive effects for me in my personal and spiritual development.

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
yeah, agreed with everyone here.  I personally think the only negative impact is the put down, negative comments that DS practitioners have to endure.  And it is not even relevant because as a student, we follow our guru, whatever they passed down to the disciples, with guru devotion and vows.  We must commit.  How can we go against it with something that has been practiced for thousand of years?

And this is definitely not about Dorje Shugden or not.  It is pure guru devotions.  If we can switch back and forth of our practice, then i believe there is more negative effects.  It can be seen as negative for now, but i am sure, it will be positive in the end.

whitelion

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:03:21 AM »
the Dalai Lama's life is not shortened... Tibet is not seeking independence (so DS practice will not affect independence) so what is the issue?

Agreed with everyone above, I have never experience any negative effects from practicing Dorje Shugden, and I don't think by practicing Manjushri will ever experience any negative effect. Remember HHDL make an official announcement not long ago saying that HH will only decide his reincarnation when HH is around 90 yrs old, is that consider short life ? I'm not cursing HHDL, but it's just doesn't make sense.

Beside the problem created by ex TGIE or CTA for now, I do not see NKT, Shar Gaden or Serpom having any problem with their monastery, sponsors or any tragic happen to them. If by practicing Dorje Shugden will bring negative effects, how to explain the 1100 Kadampa Centers and branches in 40 countries around the world, which benefit thousand of thousand people ?

Regarding Tibet independents, I'm really don't care. First of all I'm not Tibetan, secondly I'm not interested in politic at all.

My conclusion is all the negative effect that CTA warn us, look quite positive to me, and i will continue DS practice.

Tenzin K

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
How can this great practice would have negative effects to the practitioners?
I totally agreed with whitelion.

So many big centers practicing Dorje Shugden and their center keep on growing. So many high Lama that practice take their rebirth to came back and continue to spread the great teaching and practice. 

There is no significant negative effects that I can see from the Dorje Shugden practitioners instead they are more and more positive effects where we can see the practice spread across to so many countries. How great!

The only negative effect that I would say is the people who created the disharmony.

But the practice have made us more tolerant and created much more wisdom instead of looking at the ban it make more practitioners to work for the growth! 

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 07:24:07 AM »
WELL DO YOU MEAN THE GREAT EFFECTS OF THE PRACTISE OF DS?ONLY BENEFIT ONLY BENEFIT!FROM HIGHEST WISDOM BUDDHA GREATEST BENEFITS.THANK YOU-PAOLO ::)

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
So many great Masters has practiced Dorje Shugden but are still fine and reincarnated to be even better supreme masters. If there are any negative effects by practicing Dorje Shugden, shouldn't we all be going to hell already?

In fact, I have to thank Dorje Shugden for giving me assistance over and over again for my spiritual journey to be smooth.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
No negative effects here. Well only one... the whole things led me to have a mistrust of one particular government >:( but then I guess thats all in my mind and whether or not it affects me, is up to me.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »
No negative effects here. Well only one... the whole things led me to have a mistrust of one particular government >:( but then I guess thats all in my mind and whether or not it affects me, is up to me.

They could be all part of the bigger picture like Samdhong Rinpoche!! I highly doubt it though, but here's to hoping the Dalai Lama gave a massive talk and told all of them to go all the way with him - left, right, north, south, anti-DS and (hopefully ) back again! HEH :P

Klein

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »
I have not experienced any negative effects while practising Dorje Shugden, only positive ones. During situations when i have problems paying bills, somehow I'll get money to pay the month's bills. It happens all the time.

My friend was asked to recite 10 million mantras of Dorje Shugden by her Guru to overcome her husband's huge financial obstacle. She told me that when she was near to completion, her husband's business recovered and is currently doing well.

Another friend of mine had pretty bad spirit disturbances. After doing Dorje Shugden's practice, the disturbances became less. It's been 2 years and he no longer has any spirit disturbances.

There are so many accounts that I can think of that are positive. I've not heard of any negative ones.

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:00 AM »
I could be wrong, but looking back, it wasn't any lay people who made claims of getting negative effects from practicing Dorje Shugden.

Dorje Shugden was practiced by many high lamas. But when one high lama (HHDL) made his claims, then lay and many monastics stopped practicing. Many high lamas practice. Why not follow them? 

I certainly have not had negative effects from practicing and it is because of Dorje Shugden that i felt my dharma practice is stabilizing, my mind more at peace.

dondrup

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
There are only benefits for me to practise Dorje Shugden.  How can there be negative effects if we practice Dorje Shugden?   I have not come across any negative effect from practising Dorje Shugden.  If there is any negative effect at all, Trijang Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche and all the lineage masters will definitely not practise Dorje Shugden. 

Our guru is very kind to us by giving us Dorje Shugden practice.  How can our guru be wrong?  How can our Guru’s guru and their gurus all the way back to Trijang Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche, Tsongkhapa and Shakyamuni be wrong?

His Holiness Dalai Lama (HHDL) said practising Dorje Shugden is wrong.  Failing to see the bigger picture, many Dorje Shugden practitioners and Tibetan Buddhist organizations have ignorantly stopped practising Dorje Shugden because HHDL said not to practise it.  As a result these practitioners have broken their samayas and commitments to their Gurus. 

HHDL said that if you practise DS, then don’t go to his teachings or attend His initiations.  HHDL seems to imply that practitioners have a choice.  Only the CTA or some minority Buddhist organizations had stopped practising or banned others from practising.  Yes practitioners of Dorje Shugden have complete liberty to decide whether to practise Dorje Shugden or otherwise.  It is not because HHDL said stop practising or CTA or certain organizations are preventing you from practising.  The ban is there but why stops practising if Dorje Shugden practice is beneficial to you?

For those who is anti-Shugden:
- Why stop others from practising Dorje Shugden when you don’t practise?  Everyone has religious freedom to practise what they believe.
- Where is your compassionate mind that cares for the welfare of others if you practise Tibetan Buddhism?
- Do you not rely on Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche who practised Dorje Shugden?

Reena Searl

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »
How can a Buddha, Manjushri gives negative effects. I experienced before like what Big Uncle mentioned, friends from oversea know that i am a Tibetan Buddhist, they asked "If I Practice DS?"..some even advise better abandon the practice. Anyway, I just ignored them......

By practicing DS, gives me many positive effects, protector always create positive conditions in my money matters & dharma works.