Author Topic: The colors for Visualisations and What they mean  (Read 3357 times)

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
The colors for Visualisations and What they mean
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »
I have been taught to do a dissolving visualisation whereby Dorje Shugden becomes one with my Yidam and Guru, then all becomes a ball light which enters my central channel at the top of my head and then descends into my heart area.

Now for one visualisation the color was "RED"

Then for another visualisation the color was "GOLD (YELLOW)"

This light exits through the pores of my skin and entire body and forms a protective shell around my being which can be extended to include other people, or entire buildings.

Can someone tell me what the colors mean and when to visualise the different colors?

jeremyg

Re: The colors for Visualisations and What they mean
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
One thing I can clarify is regarding the color red.

When we do our visualization we should visualize ourself with a central channel. This central channel runs from the crown of our head to our heart. We should visualize our heart as a pink/white lotus. The red refers to the the inside of our central channel. The central channel is about the width of a straw and is red on the inside, and blue on the outside. The ball of light can be all the Buddha's dissolved into one, or it can also be Dorje Shugden dissolved with your Yidam or Guru. We visualize this ball of light entering our central channel and merging with our heart, which we see as a lotus. Then we see the light grow and exit through the pores of our skin as you said 'iloveds'.

This is just a basic clarification. I can go into more detail if needed, but there are so many different meditations it is hard to say which one you are doing. Im sure people will help to clarify your question more, as I do not entirely know what the gold represents.

negra orquida

Re: The colors for Visualisations and What they mean
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
Found these from a general search on the net:

From http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/color.htm

Red generally means life force, preservation, the sacred, blood, fire. It represents the emotion/action of subjugation and summoning.  Red transforms delusion of attachment into the wisdom of discernment and represents the fire element.

Blue means coolness, infinity, ascension, purity, healing.  Blue transforms anger into mirror-like wisdom and represents the air element.

>> So maybe the central channel being blue on the outside and red on the inside represent overcoming anger and attachment are equally important, both are supportive to each other, which develops into wisdom to form the central channel to invite DS down to our minds??

A new age spirituality explanation from http://www.new-age-spirituality.com/spirit/color.html

Red symbolizes energy, passion, strength, courage, physical activity, creativity, warmth, and security. It is also associated with aggression. In healing, use red to bring warmth and burn out disease. Red is a powerful color and should be used in moderation. In the aura red signifies materialism, materialistic ambition, a focus on sensual pleasures and a quick temper.

Blue is the color of spirituality, intuition, inspiration and inner peace. It is also associated with sadness and depression (the "blues"). In healing blue is used for cooling and calming, both physically and mentally. In the aura blue indicates serenity, contentment and spiritual development.

Gold represents understanding and luck. Remember though that nothing comes from nothing, It is the most powerful healing color, but so powerful that many are not able to stand it initially and must be conditioned to it via other colors. In the aura it represents service to others.