Author Topic: Favourite bit  (Read 9570 times)

DharmaDefender

Favourite bit
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Just wondering what is everyone's favourite part of the Dorje Shugden story?

My personal favourite bits - where he turns into Yamantaka, or jumps off the ladle during the fire puja and runs off with Setrap. Or when the oracle for Dorje Shugden takes trance and continues to give audiences one week after the 1996 Hayagriva puja that supposedly destroyed him haha

DSFriend

Re: Favourite bit
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
my favorite bits:  how Dorje Shugden and his different forms emanates out from under Lama Tsongkhapa's throne and the jumping off ladle during fire puja part :)

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
I really enjoy the beginning. The intro is really good as it explains what a protector is, which I feel is important and also about who Dorje Shugden is a manifestation of.

BUT my favourite part is the "repercussion" bit after Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's murder (black hand, animals died, HHDL couldn't drink tea without the cup shaking etc) and the part where the praise to TDG by the 5th Dalai Lama is read out. Powerful and poignant part.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
By the way, the video has 49,257 views! That's A LOT of people watching the life story about Dorje Shugden.

Really, hats off to the DS.com admin people, or whoever is behind the video. You guys have touched and educated at least 49,257 people.

......... and I swear I'm not watching it 49,257 times! Haha

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
I like the dark clouds formed a big dark hand covering Lhasa... It was like the peak of the story!  Inside of me thinking: "What you guys had done!!!"  hahaha...

Helena

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
I seem to hold a special fondness for the moment Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen decided to 'teach' his assailants on how to murder him.

To me, that is the most pivotal moment in the entire story.

Took so much compassion and courage for TDG to decide to do that. Allowing himself to die in order to arise as something else. Knowing that this would not be as easy path in itself. Even after arising as the great Protector, he still had to endure so much before being recognised and officially enthroned. And yet to this day, HE is still denied of an official recognition.

His self sacrifice moves me deeply and shows the great compassion that resides within this great enlightened Master. Somehow this particular always make me rather misty eyed.

TDG is truly an uncommon Lama. Therefore, he can only arise as an uncommon Protector.

Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
My favourite bit - now that's a tough one because there are so many!

I think my favourite (for the moment) is the part where the 5th Dalai Lama recognises Dorje Shugden as an enlightened being....and builds Trode Kangsar and makes  a statue of Dorje Shugden by hand... and composes the praise... everything to make up for his wrong view of Dorje Shugden previously.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
My favourite bit is when Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen was amongst the audience of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings. I often wondered what Lama Tsongkhapa was like when he was alive. The only description of him that I know of is that he is supposed to have had a very big nose. I wonder how did Lama Tsongkhapa sound like when he taught. It must have been an out of this world experience.

thaimonk

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 07:18:50 AM »
I like the hand over Lhasa. With so many other dharma protectors propitiated in Lhasa, no other Protector could or would stop Shugden and what he was doing. Shugden's 'birth' was so powerful and there was so many obvious portents, signs and omens. I wish I was there to see all this.

It shows Shugden has tremendous strength. The strength of ten million dharma protectors as it says in the kangsol.

vajrastorm

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »
I love every bit and facet of the Illustrated Story. Thanks a million, Dorje Shugden.Com Team for this lovely presentation.

This is such an uncommon and unequalled story of great compassion from the moment of Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen promising to arise as the uncommon Protector to protect Je Tsongkapa’s teachings (particularly his propounding of Nargajuna’s Middle View on Emptiness) to the arising of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen as Dharmapala Dorje Shugden.   

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
I seem to hold a special fondness for the moment Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen decided to 'teach' his assailants on how to murder him.

Oh youve got a real point there. Holding the bodhisattva vows even at the cost of his life, literally.

Hahaha Jess, the 49,257 times - I know some people who would say you had that much free time! :P

pgdharma

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
My favourite bit is the big  dark clouds in the shape of a hand covering Lhasa. It showed the power of Dorje Shugden. Nothing can stop him from what he is doing.

Roberto

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 04:41:18 AM »
Hey just noticed, the illustrated video has just broken 50,000 views!

There is just too many parts that I like. it would make for a very cool movie similar to Lord of the Rings, or Clash of the Titans!

Got the meeting of Nechung, the lifetimes in between, then the killing, murder, intrigue, repentance, and arising as a protector! Cool stuff really.

triesa

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »
Wow, 50,000 views!!!

I confessed that i contributed to at least 10 times to that number above.......I like every bit of the video as each part leads to the other in the most concise and yet intricate manner. That's why I can watch it over and over again......

I like Roberto's idea, it would be fantastically interesting and thrilling if the video can be made into a DS movie one day!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »
When my lama told the story of how Dulzin Dagpa Gyeltsen was coerced by Nechung to be an uncommon protector that really blew my mind.  Also the part that when Nechung made Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen realise his destiny tat was very cool too.

So fantastic how Dorje Shudgen arose to be the next universal protector of the Dharma.