Author Topic: Removing Trijang Rinpoche's Throne from Gaden?  (Read 24769 times)

Mana

Removing Trijang Rinpoche's Throne from Gaden?
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »

Gaden Monastery wanted to permanently remove the throne of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche from their Main prayer hall as Trijang Rinpoche continues to practice Dorje Shugden. In a surprise and shocking move, the Tibetan Govt intervened and ordered the throne to remain in Gaden and not be removed. This added to the confusion as all Shugden practitioners of any rank must be removed from Gaden, Sera and Drepung. So why still keep his throne in Gaden 'reminding' everyone of Trijang Rinpoche's presence?

vajrastorm

Re: Removing Trijang Rinpoche's Throne from Gaden?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:41:21 AM »
I would like to think that the Dalai Lama has deliberately ordered the throne of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to be left intact and to remain in place in Gaden monastery. I would also like to think that He has also deliberately allowed Trijang Rinpoche to continue his practice of Dorje Shugden.

My belief is that he is showing all Tibetans that he honors and respects his root guru and his incarnation. So others must also honor and respect him. By allowing Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden, he is also deliberately allowing a key modern day protector of Dorje Shugden practice to continue to protect and propagate Dorje Shugden practice. By this he shows that he has not closed all ‘doors’ to Shugden practice –one important ‘door’ and ‘gateway’ remains open.

Zach

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »
To do so really would be to take the cake dont you think. The Dalai lama demonstrating his reliance upon his spiritual guide by removing all trace of him from Gaden Shartse. No wonder why Trijang Labrang has gone next door.

beggar

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
so many contradictions from the Dalai Lama's side regarding the Dharmapala's practice and the ban...

But perhaps it is a subtle little hint, just like what vajrastorm has suggested, that hints to practitioners that we should still follow in the footsteps of Trijang Rinpoche and uphold his lineage, a wink from the Dalai Lama that actually, not all is wrong.

(See the video here:
Small | Large
)

Whether in Gaden or not, there are many practitioners who regard Trijang Rinpoche as their teacher. There are also many new people coming into Dharma now who are disciples of the present incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche. If the present incarnation is permitted to practice Dorje Shugden, don't you think all his disciples and all the sangha who follow him would also be practicing? Once he begins to teach (and he already has), wouldn't he naturally pass on the practices that he is doing and has received and upheld in his many incarnations?

I am sure the Dalai Lama would know this... so why does he allow Trijang Rinpoche to practice knowing that this is probably going to be the most influential lama to spread this BANNED PRACTICE to the most number of people?

Or is it precisely BECAUSE he knows this that he has allowed him to continue? Two sides to the same coin!

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
This is quite an interesting topic.  Where the monastery is going against a high Lama by removing his throne, on the other hand, the people who banned the practice are now helping the Lama who is being accused for the practice... How ironic?!!!?  This shows the compassion of H.H respecting the throne, the guru and most important of all, the practice.  He holds them dear to his heart.  If he is really saying what he is saying... I am sure the throne would be destroyed in no time!  Look at how even monks are hurting one another...  It only meant that whatever is happening now is aiming at a bigger picture.

In Buddhism, Trijang Rinpoche is regarded as a highly attained being, a well respected guru, a great scholar, emanation of Heruka and most important the root guru of H.H...  No matter where Trijang Rinpoche is, his preserved teachings are going to spread wide and far, regardless how many throne are removed.  It all sound silly to me that the monastery with so much faith in the dharma would want to give up such precious guru.  But i don't blame them really, one hand is Trijang Rinpoche, the other hand is H.H The Dalai Lama.  It is only a matter of time where all will see the truth with their own eyes.  In the end, all are connected with one protector.

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »
I'm so unbelievably over the moon right now, did I read correctly? The crumbling TGIE actually used their "unjustified powers" to overide HHDL Ban!!!!

People wake up everything is not as it seems, just what does this simple action mean... in easy
terms to understand.

TGIE the police, watchdog and executioner of all things to do with banning the practice have helped to save the practice!

HHDL keeps quiet... means he approves of Trijang Rinpoches incarnation practicing and this great Teacher passing on the practice.

Keeping the throne in Gaden serves to remind everyone to think again, think deeper and get it through their heads just stay out of the politics.

TGIE are staunch supporters of HHDL so who would they listen to otherwise, who could influence them to do what they did? HHDL of course that's who.

Well at least these are the conclusions that I come to anyways. Leave me to my delusions at least for the rest of the evening.

$%% Pleasantly smiling ##@#

DharmaDefender

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »

Gaden Monastery wanted to permanently remove the throne of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche from their Main prayer hall as Trijang Rinpoche continues to practice Dorje Shugden. In a surprise and shocking move, the Tibetan Govt intervened and ordered the throne to remain in Gaden and not be removed. This added to the confusion as all Shugden practitioners of any rank must be removed from Gaden, Sera and Drepung. So why still keep his throne in Gaden 'reminding' everyone of Trijang Rinpoche's presence?

Maybe the TGIE don't want to rock the boat. In this time of transition, you never know which 'camp' is going to arise as the stronger voice of the two. So the TGIE don't want to put all of their eggs in one basket, in case it's the wrong basket.

triesa

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

Whatever the reasons might be, the fact that Trijang Rinpoche's throne remained in Gaden is a very good sign. The picture will only be clearer, (with due respect to HHDL), when HHDL passes away.

It also serves to make the Gaden monks to contemplate deeply the whole picture. Why only Trijang rinpoche is allowed to practise DS and not the other lamas. If DS is bad, then no exception to Trijang Rinpoche also.

I hope the Gaden monks can figure out the real picture sooner than later.

DSFriend

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Perhaps we are at the tail end of the ban, about to enter a new beginning??
I do find this news refreshing...thought the instruction looks contradictory with what TGIE stands for.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »
They have also made no attempt to remove the sand mandala created by Kyabje Zong Dorje Chang from the Shartse prayer hall.
Last time I was there, the throne of the 101st Trisur Rinpoche was there as well.

Oh, also the statue of Panchen Sonam Drakpa still resides in Shartse's prayer hall.

Maybe I can try to get pictures.

thaimonk

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
There are so many things in the monasteries that are just very inconsistent these days. But I feel they are not to blame. They are controlled by the Tibetan Govt and they HAVE ZERO FREEDOM or choice. It is sad when the sangha are controlled in such a way by a dictatorial govt that feigns democracy.

I am sorry to say, but I am just waiting for the Tibetan Govt to go under. They are not respected by any real govt in the world. They are buying time for the inevitable.

The abbots of Sera, Drepung and Gaden are forced to be puppets of the Tibetan Govt without any real control of the monasteries. One wrong step out of line, they are removed from office. They have to do everything what the Tibetan Govt tell them to do. The unfair treatment of the Shugden practitioners in the Monasteries is just one of the many examples how Tibetan Govt is abusive in their control of their people.

Does anyone have any ideas why the Tibetan Govt would keep Trijang Rinpoche & Gaden Trisur's throne still in Gaden's prayer hall? Trijang Rinpoche and Gaden Trisur have not sworn in to renounce Shugden and left for Shar Gaden. By right anything related to them should be removed. So why is it not removed?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:05:23 PM by Mana »

beggar

Re: (No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
They have also made no attempt to remove the sand mandala created by Kyabje Zong Dorje Chang from the Shartse prayer hall.
Last time I was there, the throne of the 101st Trisur Rinpoche was there as well.

Oh, also the statue of Panchen Sonam Drakpa still resides in Shartse's prayer hall.

Maybe I can try to get pictures.

Hmmm interesting. I understand that Gaden Shartse also continue to study Panchen Sonam Drakpa's texts - those in fact, form the core of the Geshe curriculum. So Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit, but they will continue to study the texts of one of his previous incarnations, regarded as an enlightened being. ... yet another contradiction!

I asked once if these monasteries study Liberation in the Palm of your Hand by Pabongkha and yes, they do. So the lama is bad but his teachings are sacred?

I think one of the reasons the throne is allowed to stay arises from the argument that Trijang Rinpoche and other masters like him are great, holy etc BUT they were wrong with just this one practice. That's what's said anyway...

Contradictory? Yes!

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
This is very shocking! I can't believe the TGIE is saving Trijang Rinpoche's throne after all they have done. However, I don't think the TGIE is acting in this case. I believe it is the Dalai Lama has decided to intervene to save Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's throne. This is my speculation and I think it is not merely Guru devotion that he is thinking but paving the way for Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to re-establish himself in the Great Monasteries as his throne is still there once the Dalai Lama is gone and Dorje Shugden is big. At that time, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche would be busy going back to the great monasteries to actively give large scale initiations to all the monks in the monasteries and re-introduce Dorje Shugden to the monastic community.

beggar

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »
This is very shocking! I can't believe the TGIE is saving Trijang Rinpoche's throne after all they have done. However, I don't think the TGIE is acting in this case. I believe it is the Dalai Lama has decided to intervene to save Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's throne. This is my speculation and I think it is not merely Guru devotion that he is thinking but paving the way for Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to re-establish himself in the Great Monasteries as his throne is still there once the Dalai Lama is gone and Dorje Shugden is big. At that time, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche would be busy going back to the great monasteries to actively give large scale initiations to all the monks in the monasteries and re-introduce Dorje Shugden to the monastic community.

Good point you have there.
I agree that it could be the dalai lama. It matches what dalai lama has said about allowing Trijang Rinpoche to practice. So either the dalai lama is directly behind this decision, or it has somehow (unwittingly!) influenced the TGIE to follow in the same way. Either way, it matches this very strange and contradictory move of allowing no one to practice except Trijang Rinpoche... some sameness in the chaos.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
Yes, many things "authorized" by HHDL appeared to be contradictory and inconsistent NOW.

Perhaps in 10 or 20 years time, everything will fall into place and the bigger scheme of things will be revealed.

Just like the Lamrim, when Atisha placed all of the three schools of teachings systematically scope by scope, then nothing is contradictory. Things appear confusing to us when we look at issues separately through tunnel vision. I would like to think that  if we were not  to jump into conclusion always quickly, but instead keep an open mind leave some space and time; the results of the actions of these high Masters would show that nothing is wasted nor contradictory.