Author Topic: 4 Drakpas  (Read 14456 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: 4 Drakpas
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
Ironic isn't it, that the incarnation of the very being that the Dalai Lama has been campaigning and condemning for decades is right under his nose? As he has clairvoyance, he must know this, yet he continues - there must be a logical reason, which is why i subscribe to the bigger picture hypothesis - that the Dalai Lama is a hidden agenda for his anti-Shugden stance, and that he is actually working together with Dorje Shugden to bring Dharma to the world.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »
i thought the incarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was the brother of HH the Dalai Lama?

I have heard this as well.

I heard this but he passed away its obviously ment to be someone who is still living however.

Big Uncle

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
i thought the incarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was the brother of HH the Dalai Lama?

I have heard this as well.

I heard this but he passed away its obviously ment to be someone who is still living however.

Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen being so highly attained that he must have more than one emanation. All highly attained beings have many emanations and usually the mind emanation is enthroned as the direct incarnation. As for the Dalai Lama's brother, he may not be the direct indisputable incarnation of Dorje Shugden. Therefore, the direct incarnation must be still running around under a pseudonym not unlike Pabongka Rinpoche himself. 

DharmaDefender

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 03:48:13 AM »
Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen being so highly attained that he must have more than one emanation. All highly attained beings have many emanations and usually the mind emanation is enthroned as the direct incarnation. As for the Dalai Lama's brother, he may not be the direct indisputable incarnation of Dorje Shugden. Therefore, the direct incarnation must be still running around under a pseudonym not unlike Pabongka Rinpoche himself. 

Haha someones been watching Little Buddha eh? According to the film, Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen had three emanations, body, speech and mind. Possible since enlightened beings are not limited by our physical bodies... I guess thats why its important for the recognition system to be so well-defined, so any Tom, Dick and Harry cant claim to be emanations of high beings (I have a certain female 'lama' in mind)

Im just thinking if Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsens incarnation was the Dalai Lamas brother, how funny must it have been whenever they met ("Hi there, did you hear what I said about you the other day? You know its not true right?")... and woah - the meeting of two enlightened minds, who WAS their mother?!

beggar

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:27 AM »
ngatrul drakpa gyeltsen? Who is this? I've not heard of him but please do share any information you have.

I had also heard that Samdhong Rinpoche is an emanation of Dorje Shugden - therefore, possibly an incarnation of the drakpas! (yes, ironic, I know!)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »
So Samdhong Rinpoche was actually condemning himself over the years! Ironic but possible! I have heard that before also now that you mention it! I wonder what he's up to these days since his retirement... packing for Shar Gaden or Serpom perhaps...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
The Dalai Lama will return to Tibet one day, a close aide predicts ???

The Venerable Samdhong Rinpoche, represented the Dalai Lama at the recent inter-religious meeting in Assisi convened by Pope Benedict XVI

GERARD 0'CONNELL
ROME

A close associate of the Dalai Lama, Lobsang Tenzin was born in eastern Tibet in 1939, but at the age of 5 was recognized, according to the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, as the reincarnation of the 4th Samdhong Rinpoche and given that title by which he is now known.  Two years later he took his vows as a monk. He went into exile with the Dalai Lama in 1959 after the Chinese occupied Tibet, and now lives with him at Dharamshala, India.

Samdhong Rinpoche was elected as the first Prime Minister of the Central Tibetan Administration (The Tibetan Government-in-exile) in 2001, and held that post until April 2011. In this role he travelled widely to gain support for the Tibetan cause and to explain the Dalai Lama’s proposals for a negotiated settlement with China on the question of autonomy for Tibet.

A leading Tibetan scholar of Buddhism, he is also an authority on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.

In this interview, which he gave me October 28, he talks about the Assisi meeting, the dramatic situation in Tibet, the self-immolation of the monks there in protest against Chinese repression, and his conviction that an amicable solution can be found with China on Tibetan autonomy, and that the Dalai Lama will return home one day.

What has this Assisi meeting meant to you, how do you rate it?

It was wonderful!  A number of different religious practitioners and religious leaders came together at one platform, prayed together, interacted with the public, and recommitted themselves to peace and non-violence, which is the need of the hour. This was a very appropriate initiative taken by His Holiness, Pope Benedict. After the first initiative in 1986, which was then very new and innovative, it is now continued and reinforced.  I think everybody felt this is very useful.

The Dalai Lama was at the 1986 meeting, but could not come this time. Why?

A.  His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, was invited this time too and very much wished to come because he has a very fond memory of 1986, but the invitation arrived a bit late and by then he was already committed to going to Japan, so he asked me to represent him.

You, of course, have played a very important role in your country’s history. What has it meant to you that the Vatican and the Pope have invited the religious representatives of the Tibetan people here?

That is very considerate of the Pope in spite of possible retaliation from some people in China.  He chose to receive His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, and his predecessors chose to meet His Holiness too and to invite him in 1986. The Vatican has a very sympathetic attitude, and a very supportive attitude for the Tibetan cause and for the Tibetan people and, therefore, this time also they invited His Holiness, the Dalai Lama. So I think this is a real gesture of inter-faith harmonious relations.

You told me earlier that you see the Vatican’s invitation as a sign of sympathy for the situation of your country where young monks have recently set themselves on fire in protest at the intolerable Chinese repression there.

A. Yes. Actually the situation inside Tibet is worsening year by year.  Since 2008, there have been repressive measures – very much the worst, and now it is almost impossible to live under these repressive measures, particularly for the monks and nuns. The freedom of religion has been grossly violated and so, greatly dispirited, they are now doing self-immolation.  Since last March, nine young people have self-immolated: six monks and three lay people, including one nun. The oldest was in his early 30s, the youngest 17. It shows that the younger generations are no longer able to tolerate the repressive measures, the torture and the injustice.  But since they are committed to non-violence, they do not resort to violent resistance against another person; they are just self-suffering and self-immolating to show their resentment and their dissatisfaction.

I hope the peace-loving international community is very sympathetic to us, but the political setups are not very helpful. In spite of all this injustice there is not much opposition from the political setups.  We are not disappointed, however, because we believe the truth will prevail, sooner or later, and the Tibet issue will be resolved amicably.

Are these young people who immolated themselves considered as martyrs in the Buddhist tradition? 

A.  In the Buddhist tradition it may not be recommended, it is a kind of suicide.  Giving up one’s own life may not be appreciated.  But in the given situation there is no way out, so their sacrifice may not be going to waste, it will bring results sooner or later.  People honor it because they see this as the ultimate sign of these young people’s love for their country, for their culture and for His Holiness, the Dalai Lama.   All nine who have self-immolated made two demands: The Dalai Lama must come back to Tibet, and Tibet must have religious freedom.   

Do you foresee the Dalai Lama returning to Tibet one day, and Tibet gaining its freedom again?

Yes, yes! It may take a long time. But if you look to India, you see that as a country India was living under foreign occupation for 400 years, and we (in Tibet) for only 60 years now.  In a country’s history, 100 years is not a very long period.  So have the confidence that we will be able to go back.

Are you not afraid that the culture of your country will be obliterated before then?

The culture genocide has been taking place inside Tibet, but the Tibetan culture is still alive, particularly in the diaspora, under the leadership of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, and various religious Heads of the Tibetan tradition. So the culture is very much alive, and is now spread all over the world, so it is not possible that the Tibetan culture will disappear.

Were you happy to see two monks from mainland China at the Assisi meeting?
Of course, of course.  At least they could come out, and were able to join with free religious leaders so they could see how the outside the world, at least the Western world, has freedom of conscience and freedom of speech.  It is important for them to have this experience.  For a long time there were repressive measures on religion (in mainland China), but now people once again are having a thirst for religion, for spirituality, so there is a lot of religious revival there.  Moreover, lots of Chinese Buddhist monks come to India on pilgrimage, and we meet them. In China, before Communism came, the majority was Buddhist, and the other religions were a minority, but I don’t know the situation so well today.

My last question is about the Panchen Lama, Gedhun Choekyi Nyima,  (the second  highest Lama after the Dalai Lama) who was taken away by the Chinese authorities on 17 May 1995, at the age of six, and has not been seen in public since. Are you still looking for him?  Do you know where he is?

There are doubts whether he is alive or not.  Many people believe he is still alive.  We are looking for him, yes. Even if he is in prison, he still is a Buddhist leader.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
So Samdhong Rinpoche was actually condemning himself over the years! Ironic but possible! I have heard that before also now that you mention it! I wonder what he's up to these days since his retirement... packing for Shar Gaden or Serpom perhaps...

I would love to see how the Tibetan world reacts if Samdhong Rinpoche joins Shar Gaden or Serpom. Wow, imagine after ex-Gaden Tripa (Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal) joins the camp, we have the ex-Kalon Tripa joining!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »

I would love to see how the Tibetan world reacts if Samdhong Rinpoche joins Shar Gaden or Serpom. Wow, imagine after ex-Gaden Tripa (Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal) joins the camp, we have the ex-Kalon Tripa joining!

Shar Ganden will be just as big and as furnished as Ganden Shartse, if not bigger. There will be more and more elite Lamas and sponsors joining Shar Ganden. Nothing can stop their growth. This is definetely the result of holding one's commitments and practices intact no matter how bad the situation gets. After all, the various Buddhist texts tell us to hold on to our practice no matter how difficult it gets, and these monks are actually practicing it! How amazing to get this chance! Definitely they will gain attainments.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 07:59:13 AM »
I have heard my Dharma Brother mention the 4 Drakpas and this posting gives us great insight into who they are. 

I believe Losang Drakpa is Je Tsongkapa.  Please correct me if I have erred.