Author Topic: Dorje Shugden movie  (Read 7558 times)

DharmaDefender

Dorje Shugden movie
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:35:26 AM »
Random question, what happened to the Dorje Shugden movie? Any news on it, where it's going, who's involved, what kind of progress has been made?

triesa

Re: Dorje Shugden movie
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, last time I heard of it was that the movie was on hold.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
When they first made their announcement last year, I wrote to them as I wanted to make a donation towards the project as I stated clearly in my email to them, but they never wrote back or replied in any way.

TK

Helena

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »
Let's hope they are getting the support that they need and they are still doing the movie.

This is what I managed to get from their website - http://dorjeshugdenmovie.com/about-2

About

Dorje Shugden on the trail of a Buddhist protector is a documentary film project, presenting well researched information on the origin and practice of the Buddhist protector deity Dorje Shugden. We will travel to Tibet and surrounding countries, visit historically relevant sites and talk to its followers and masters all over the world. The movie will show the practice as integrated part of a living Buddhist tradition without covering the recent controversy. It will have a rather scientific and objective approach, understandable for everybody.

Get Involved

If you wish to contribute, you can donate right here using the PayPal button below or send us an e mail using the contact section of this website or to [email protected] and we will provide you with further information.

Also, there is a small fine print at the left hand bottom corner that says - © 2011 by Dorje Shugden Movie

I will take that current year as a positive sign and be very hopeful.

OM BENZA WIKI BITANA SOHA!
Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:01:02 AM »
How funny - i was just talking about the movie with some friends at dinner. There was another thread regarding this movie (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.15), where the latest was updated by Tenzin Sungrab:

I am still in close contact with the people who are producing the Dorje Shugden movie and was just told today that they were advised to approach the Oracle again to see if the time to begin production is near. Things could start to move rather quickly once the blessings of Dorje Shugden are given.

Many Lamas have already given their approval for the project and have also pledged support.

I was invited to help with some of the details of the project and hope to assist the crew in whatever way I am able.

If there are specific questions regarding the production of the movie, send me a message and I will see what I can do to get answers for you.

Tenzin Sungrab said that they would know within a week if the oracle had approved the project - this was around the middle of February. So we should've heard if there was any good news!

I do understand that sometimes projects and action are delayed because of advice of the Protector who has the omniscience to know the most suitable timing of certain activities. Tenzin Sungrab shared also that there are certain high Lamas who are involved with this project but are unable to be publicly endorse it for whatever their personal reasons are. I respect that because who am I to question the motives of a Lama! I wouldn't dare. One of my friends at dinner said that these Lamas are protecting their own butt by not coming out in the open but i told him to shut it because I am sure the Lamas would do what is best for Dorje Shugden and the movie. Shugden Lamas are attained and I would imagine they definitely don't give a toss about themselves, because Dorje Shugden represents selflessness.

Anyway, sorry for venting. Sometimes holier than thou friends drive me up the wall. Makes me question the friendship actually! Hmmmm :-\

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Damian.D

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:03:26 AM »
Can't wait for a movie that would awesome. I only just came across this website yesterday. Soo much to go through.

The illustrated cartoon was good background, but a full fledged movie would be soo much better.

D

Barzin

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »
A Shugden movie?  How cool!  just when I thought you guys did a brilliant job on the illustrated clip and now a movie?   is it time that Shugden practitioners/Lamas come out & take on the world?  I must applaud and give full support of Shugden practitioners at times like these not afraid to risk it and go all the way.  Together with Shugden Lamas and all faithful followers, the movie will definitely clear doubts of many and allow people to gain more knowledge and understanding of Shuden's background and practice.  Thumbs UP!

I can't wait for the movie and now im getting very excited.   

Do update regarding the progress of the movie.

Barzin

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »
How funny - i was just talking about the movie with some friends at dinner. There was another thread regarding this movie (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.15), where the latest was updated by Tenzin Sungrab:

I am still in close contact with the people who are producing the Dorje Shugden movie and was just told today that they were advised to approach the Oracle again to see if the time to begin production is near. Things could start to move rather quickly once the blessings of Dorje Shugden are given.

Many Lamas have already given their approval for the project and have also pledged support.

I was invited to help with some of the details of the project and hope to assist the crew in whatever way I am able.

If there are specific questions regarding the production of the movie, send me a message and I will see what I can do to get answers for you.

Tenzin Sungrab said that they would know within a week if the oracle had approved the project - this was around the middle of February. So we should've heard if there was any good news!

I do understand that sometimes projects and action are delayed because of advice of the Protector who has the omniscience to know the most suitable timing of certain activities. Tenzin Sungrab shared also that there are certain high Lamas who are involved with this project but are unable to be publicly endorse it for whatever their personal reasons are. I respect that because who am I to question the motives of a Lama! I wouldn't dare. One of my friends at dinner said that these Lamas are protecting their own butt by not coming out in the open but i told him to shut it because I am sure the Lamas would do what is best for Dorje Shugden and the movie. Shugden Lamas are attained and I would imagine they definitely don't give a toss about themselves, because Dorje Shugden represents selflessness.

Anyway, sorry for venting. Sometimes holier than thou friends drive me up the wall. Makes me question the friendship actually! Hmmmm :-\

Thanks for the comprehensive answer WB, that's exactly what I needed to read. Most of the time silence isn't a good thing, but in this case it is! I'm glad the people behind the movie have enough trust in our Protector via the oracle to follow instructions. No offence love but your friends really should shut it in this case  :P It's not just their arses they have to protect but their current and potential students' minds too.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
it's a pity that we have to wait a bit longer for the movie but i trust that Dorje Shugden knows best. The people in charge of the movie used to have a facebook and they had to shut it down for confidentiality reasons (although since they have a website, i guess they are not THAT worried!).

I do understand that there is a lot of risk involved for Tibetans because of the sensitivity of the subject matter and should they need to travel in Tibet or to monasteries, it would be tough to get permits etc. I heard that Tibet/China is really tough on permits for cameras especially for commercial cameras. 

Let's hope that DS politics ease up soon so this beneficial project can progress.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Of all things, I have learnt great patience from reading Dorje Shugden's story and Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen's life story. I believe timing is of utmost importance at this juncture. So many things are happening. Not to mention a certain change in leadership coming up in May and etc.

I have faith in Dorje Shugden. I believe the Protector knows what's most beneficial and what is best.

We just have to learn to be just as patient. Not just in waiting for the movie, but for everything else that comes with it.

Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
i always feel i live in interesting times... perhaps the timing for the movie is not yet right because interesting things are happening or will happen soon!

Let's do more serkym offerings to our great Protector so that all which is beneficial will come to be.