Author Topic: Campaign to nullify votes  (Read 25688 times)

light

• Email
Re: Campaign to nullify votes
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
to a friend.
Dont be scare your own shadow, all goods source begin with this risk without risk life is not so intrestenting. Who knows tomorrow, today they show us and may be tomorrow???????????????? look back on history when you are going too far advance. I understand your concern but we have to do something to makes out, if not there has no voice, if there no voice then where is the democarcy? Please continue your key advise for them.

lobby

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
I agree with the views of "a friend" and being a concerned Tibetan would advice to abstain from such activities, that would do us more harm than good.  I would rather suggest that we be patient and keep writing letters to different people (in the media, newpersons, college professors etc.). People, the need of the hour is perseverance.

beggar

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
Dear friends,

demonstrating, participating in public events and so on can maybe be a good or necessary thing; i  don't know. Maybe the dangers involved for individuals and the potential fresh food for those who are just waiting to point at the 'fanatics' are worth it; i don't know.

It all depends if our motivation is guided by concern, care, wisdom - if it is then maybe the short term results may not look good but it will help in the long run; we can't know for sure.

But if we act from anger we have already defeated ourselves before the action, and this we know for sure.

I think it would be very important for us here to remember that harmful actions come from confused states of mind, not from evil inherently existent entities. This is the great hope for all of us that the Buddha's teachings bring. Confusion can be cleared, lucky us!

So to point out the power politics of an institution and striving to show a deeper truth is one thing, and to give up love for any being and bodhicitta is another, namely braking our most sacred tantric and bodhisattva vows.

Our dear 'a friend' has been foremost in encouraging and supplying addresses for informational letter campains, something which is very much an action that helps raising awareness, is safe and allows us to formulate distinguished reasoning, and i'd like to express my gratitude here and encourage all to keep on or start writing in.

Whatever you do, all my best wishes and please take care, not because you are worried about yourself but because you care about the bigger picture - unity includes all.

Yours, beggar

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:10:18 PM by beggar »

maryjane

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
Thank you for all the cautions and warnings out of profound motivation for all sentient beings. Hopefully people have started writing letters or doing something about what's going on in South India and the referendum that is splitting up the monks and their community. Doing something to raise awareness by peaceful means is better than doing nothing. Being motivated and  fearless is the key. Fear can immobilize and paralize. It may be this exact tactic that the Tibetan govt.and it's smart people use to conform people. All the feedback is appreciated and great. Let's be fearless everyone. Now is the time to DO something besides exchanging opinions.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »
Dear Maryjane,

I fully agree with your statements. And I am definitely writing and sending.

Let's everyone do it.  Thank you all.