Author Topic: Nobel Peace Laureat Shuns Moral and Ethical Responsibility toward His own  (Read 19071 times)

savetibet

Re: Nobel Peace Laureat Shuns Moral and Ethical Responsibility toward His own
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45:41 AM »

this has caused a wave of concern from the international community.  everyone is talking about it. 

a friend

To Maryjane
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 04:54:20 AM »
Dear Maryjane,

you asked for a list of newspapers, this is small but the papers are among the most important, I´ll give more in a while.
You should assume that the advice given by the San Francisco Chronicle is true for the rest of them: before publishing a letter they look for someone to contact, so you should have someone ready to answer a phone and give his or her name, address etc. It says: "Please provide your name and telephone number along with your letter. You will be called if your letter is being considered for publication."
I hope this helps.
a F

USA TODAY
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
7950 Jones
Branch Drive
McLean, VA

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
Letter to the Editor
200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281
(212) 416-2000

Letter to the Editor Online
[email protected]

THE NEW YORK TIMES

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
 E-mail to [email protected]
To write to the editorial page editor, send to [email protected]
TO WRITE THE PUBLISHER OR PRESIDENT
Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Chairman & Publisher:
[email protected].
Scott H. Heekin-Canedy, President, General Manager
[email protected].

LOS ANGELES TIMES

Los Angeles Times
Letters to the Editor
202 W. 1st Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Online letters to the Editor
[email protected]

Caroline Little
CEO & Publisher
P. O. Box 17370
Arlington, VA 22216
Jim Brady
Executive Editor
P. O. Box 17370
Arlington, VA 22216

Bob Woodward
P. O. Box 17370
Arlington, VA 22216

Online Letters to the Editor:
[email protected] [email protected]

THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Letters to the Editor:
[email protected]

SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
San Francisco Chronicle
Letters to the Editor
 901 Mission Street
 San Francisco, CA 94103
Letters to the Editor should be addressed to [email protected]. Due to space considerations, only letters of less than 250 words will be considered for publication. Please provide your name and telephone number along with your letter. You will be called if your letter is being considered for publication.

a friend

To: Savetibet
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:45 AM »
Dearest Savetibet,

Thank you for your kind message about a boat. It's always pleasant in the midst of chores to receive suggestions of more enjoyable activities that one could be performing, like going about in boats while the sun shines, may be with the delicious smell of salt in the air, and the soft rocking of friendly waves. Ahhhh!

Coming back to our endeavors, could you please be so kind as to scan and post in the website the newspapers´articles where this matter was addressed? It would be a great service to all the members and guests.

Thank you again.

Dave

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 06:10:25 AM »
All I can provide is the password and login.

Just email me and i'll get it to anyone...i dont know what features gmail has,so if anyone wishes to find out just login to that email.

I didnt provide my contact info to the papers because I rather stay (for the sake of my center) anonymous.
I am currently the only who knows about this,everyone else isn't involved..and that's fine.

So,email me for the information and go for it.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
[size=10pt][/size]Dear Savetibet,

I/we are all happy to hear it is already in the papers. Which papers, when, what does it say, what country/ies??

CAN YOU PLEASE SCAN IN AND POST THE PAPERS FOR ALL OF US ON THIS SITE? PLEASE??

NYTibetan

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 05:11:38 AM »
Crouching Tiger

We read your posting and we would like to thank you very much. You have shared the feelings of many monks and tibetans. Please share more of it.

crouching tiger

• Email
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:33 AM »
The piece written was also posted on phayul.com(240+ viewers) and tibetsearch.com (15 viewers). So far this has generated real interest.  However, no one has been able to refute the arguments presented.  It was my hope that parties from the other side would engage in meaningful discussion. This has yet to occur. There has been no discussion on fundamental rights violations, the role of the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan govt-in-exile's participation in recent events, or their calculated efforts to ban the 'practice' or 'worship' of a diety, a religious matter. 

It is important that we send out campaign letters and emails.  (Addresses and contacts have been provided by mountains and friend). 

The suggestion about the New York seminar is a good opportunity to get the word out.

Three pots, Dave, Jeff Ryan and others, thank you for taking the time to read the posting and rallying together for a common cause.  This is all very encouraging. 

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »
CROUCHING TIGER,

WE DEFINITELY HAVE TO WRITE IN. WE HAVE TO SPEAK UP. WE MUST MAKE OUR VOICE KNOWN WITH PEACE, AND GOOD MOTIVATION.

savetibet

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
We've reached the international community.  check it out.  our voices have been heard!

Small | Large

maryjane

Friends,

Let us not be discouraged.  The Indian media is slowly but surely reporting on the events in South India.  All great movements begin small but gain momentum as awareness builds.  This has happened due to articles, letters writing campaigns and YouTube postings.  Each one of us has helped make this happen.

Let's continue to stay united and work consistently towards a common objective; that of ensuring religious freedom and being free from tyranny.

Writing letters, articles, and posting youtubes DO make a difference.  Let keep it up.