Author Topic: 10,000 conferred Shugden Sogtae  (Read 19713 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
10,000 conferred Shugden Sogtae
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:29 PM »

In Kham, there's a Chamdo Monastery. Recently the grand Abbot of Chamdo Monastery conferred initiation of Dorje Shugden onto 10,000 who came for teachings given by him. The abbot mentioned the lineage of Dorje Shugden will definitely grow.

Now 10,000 more monk and lay Tibetans have received this sacred Dorje Shugden initiation (Sogtae).

Normally Sogtae is conferred to three at a time, but because the crowd was around 10,000, he conferred it all at once as in the style of public Kalacakra initiations.

A close friend had called Tibet to his other friends and received this wonderful information.

Remember, last month Geshe Thupten from Switzerland conferred Sogtae to 200 sangha members in Shar Gaden, South India.

TK
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:20:32 PM by Mana »

Big Uncle

Re: 10,000 conferred Shugden Sogtae
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
Thank Tk,

This is really good news and I think this will spread Dorje Shugden even further and wider. Dorje Shugden practice is sorely needed by so many people today. It would be such a blessing to have great Dorje Shugden Lamas give massive Sogtaes in packed stadiums and auditoriums. That would mean that Dorje Shugden practice will become mainstream one day. Perhaps, all schools of Tibetan Buddhism will one day see Dorje Shugden as a common Protector like how Mahakala is universally practiced by all traditions.

Mana

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
not sure if this is the one that TK is talking about, but definitely in Chamdo, the are many monasteries still practising Dorje Shugden, and some of them are HUGE monasteries like Jampa Ling where Dorje Shugden practice is still very much alive and initiations are given regularly. My friends in that area are always talking about this and that Dorje Shugden initiation here and there, just that the information is not that well propagated so few people know about it.

JAMPA LING in Chamdo:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=81

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:15:12 PM by Mana »

Zach

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
This is wonderful news  :)
Dorje shugden practise is certainly growing, and Best of all it means the Tradition of Je Tsongkhapa shall certainly remain pure and flourish !!!  :P

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »

Jampa Ling is a massive Monsastery in Chamdo, Kham, Tibet. They are all very stalwart practitioners of Dorje Shugden. They are against Dalai Lama's ban. Some of their teaching Tulkus while giving sermons have openly spoken against the ban. It is on youtube.

See more on them here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=81

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:56:24 PM »
Amazing... Jampa Ling looks like a mini city!

Thank you for this news... It's wonderful to hear that 10,000 monks received the sogtae. I rejoice for them! When we are stalwart in our practice I guess we create the cause to receive the sogtae. I really hope to have the honour to receive it one day.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Roberto

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Sogtae". Is it like HH Kalachakra initiation, can anyone attend these special ceremonies? Initiation is  a big thing, most of the time people from the west just attend without even understanding there is a committment involved.

Sogtae committment, whats that like? and whats the repercussion or result if we don't keep our commitment.

Happy so many people (10,000) have this sacred initiation.

tks for the news.

thaimonk

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »

I hope TK can anwer this. But I remember a thread a few months back discussing this. In the meanwhile perhaps you can refer to them?

Welcome btw.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:29:21 AM »
Hi Roberto,

There are some photos of the recent Sogtae at Shar Gaden on this thread. Do take a look - http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1028.0.

Cheers!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Roberto - there's also this thread: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.msg11336#msg11336

Happy reading and yes, welcome to the forum. There's a limitless wealth of information here...

hope rainbow

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
Great news!
We can rejoyce, for amongst the 10,000 there is meant to be meritorious practitioners faster than others in their path that will make a difference sooner than later. This initiation is a booster!
Great news indeed!

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 04:06:00 AM »

Sogtae is the empowerment into the practice of Dorje Shugden. Once you receive empowerment you promise to hold Dorje Shugden as your main protector until you gain Bodhicitta. Dorje Shugden promises to protect you on the dharma path until you gain bodhicitta in life after life.

Prior to Sogtae you need to have received a higher Anuttara Yoga tantric initiation already as a prerequisite.

TK

WoselTenzin

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 08:02:53 AM »
This is indeed very wonderful news.  Another cause for Dorje Shugden practice to spread far and wide.  In this degenerate age with its tremendous suffering, Dorje Shugden is so needed.  The conferment of Dorje Sugden Sogtae to another 10,000 people is another step for Dorje Shugden practice to become mainstream in the near future and many people would be able to find solace through this practice.   I truly rejoice!

DSFriend

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 08:09:16 AM »
In order to receive Sogtae (initiation-empowerment), we must have clean samaya with our Guru, by keeping our commitments well.

By sincerely practicing guru devotion, we are creating the causes to receive higher teachings. However, before we are qualified to receive Sogtae, we must first receive initiation into Yamantaka and Vajrayogini's holy practices.  

Thus, guru devotion is pinnacle in this path as all the blessings of the deities come from the kindness of our Guru.

Receiving Sogtae is immensely beneficial and greatly needed as this will ensure that Dorje Shugden follows us in all our future lives until we achieve the Bodhi mind.

Wishing all success, attainments and blessings

Roberto

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
How fortunate is that, 10,000 beings have the right causes, conditions and merits to be able to receive the empowerment again in this life to carrry on into their future lives.

Would I be ready if I were to have the fortune to be able to receive the empowerment? Time for some deep reflection and self examination. Where am I at, is my samaya clean? Thats the difference between Lay and Sangha, lay has soo many distractions. This could be plus point but more often than not its the main cause for broken samaya.

Just like some samsara if you want it bad enough... then  just do it!

I rejoice for them, that others may receive the same empowerment in future.

tq all