Author Topic: OLD STATUE OF DS LIKE HOW FIFTH DALAI LAMA SAW HIM  (Read 5981 times)

Big Uncle

OLD STATUE OF DS LIKE HOW FIFTH DALAI LAMA SAW HIM
« on: March 02, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »

This statue was made according to how the Fifth Dalai Lama saw him in his Praise. I have highlighted in bold the corresponding iconography that matches and forms the main feature of this statue.

Praise by the Fifth Dalai Lama
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/dorje-shugden-prayers/prayer-by-the-fifth-dalai-lama-to-gyelchen-dorje-shugden/

HUM
Though unmoving from the sphere of primordial spontaneity,
With wrathful turbulent power, swifter than lightning,
Endowed with heroic courage to judge good and bad,
I invite you with faith, please come to this place!

Robes of a monk, crown adorned with rhinocerous leather hat,
Right hand holds ornate club, left holds a human heart,
Riding various mounts such as nagas and garudas,
Who subdues the mamo’s of the charnal grounds, praise to you!

Samaya substances, offerings and torma, outer, inner and secret,
Favorite visual offerings and various objects are arranged.
Although, previously, my wishes were a bit dense,
Do not stop your powerful apparitions, I reveal and confess!

Now respectfully praising with body, speech, and mind,
For us, the masters, disciples, benefactors and entourages,
Provide the good and avert the bad!
Bring increase like the waxing moon in spiritual and temporal realms!

Moreover, swiftly accomplishing all wishes,
According to our prayers, bestow the supreme effortlessly!
And like the jewel that bestows all wishes,
Always protect us with the Three Jewels!

eyesoftara

Re: OLD STATUE OF DS LIKE HOW FIFTH DALAI LAMA SAW HIM
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »
This version of Dorje Shugden does not hold a wavy sword but holds a club. That seems to be the major difference. Even though in the prayer Dorje Shugden is suppose to be sitting on various mounts like naga and garuda, the statue sits is vajra posture and on a throne.

Anyway, it s good that the Fifth Dalai Lama composed this prayer. It is one of the most important proof that the Protector is who he is, Manjushri and not a a spirit.

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
Wow!!! Thank you BIG UNCLE for pointing this out and this image of such a precious, historical and sacred statue of Dorje Shugden made according to the 5th Dalai Lama.

So if the 14th Dalai Lama says that He is doing what the 5th Dalai Lama did which is to stop the practice of Dorje Shugden. Then I simple ask... what about the "POSITIVE" things the 5th Dalai Lama did such as this statue, composing prayers to Dorje Shugden etc etc?

I hope points like this can be raised and presented to the Dalai Lama in a logical open debate, if that could ever happened 8) Perhaps someone big in the media could do an interview like Oprah who is a brave anchor lady who I would say dares to raise such issues and concern especially if it something that affects human rights, children and women and the lost of possibly the most peaceful religion on this planet!

Klein

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
This is a very rare statue of Dorje Shugden. It's another evidence that Dorje Shugden is a dharma protector accepted and proliferated by HH The 5th Dalai Lama. With HH's clairvoyance, if Dorje Shugden was a harmful spirit HH would have subdued him or in the worse scenario do a fire puja and send him to one of the paradises. Why would he even compose a Praise and bestow him as a dharma protector?

If HHDL claims that he made a mistake, is he implying that his clairvoyance is limited? How can this be possible if HH is Chenrezig? This is illogical.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »
Wow, such a blessing to see this statue. It's actually the first time I have seen this pose of Dorje Shugden sitting in vajra posture and holding a club rather than the usual depiction atop a snow lion with the sword. Actually, I have read this prayer on a number of occasions or another English translation and have always wondered what this form would look like. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
Wow!!! Thank you BIG UNCLE for pointing this out and this image of such a precious, historical and sacred statue of Dorje Shugden made according to the 5th Dalai Lama.

So if the 14th Dalai Lama says that He is doing what the 5th Dalai Lama did which is to stop the practice of Dorje Shugden. Then I simple ask... what about the "POSITIVE" things the 5th Dalai Lama did such as this statue, composing prayers to Dorje Shugden etc etc?

I hope points like this can be raised and presented to the Dalai Lama in a logical open debate, if that could ever happened 8) Perhaps someone big in the media could do an interview like Oprah who is a brave anchor lady who I would say dares to raise such issues and concern especially if it something that affects human rights, children and women and the lost of possibly the most peaceful religion on this planet!

Yes, you have brought up a very interesting point and I don't believe the current Dalai Lama has ever addressed this point. He keeps harping that the Fifth Dalai Lama found him to be a spirit and that he is harming others but why would he promote the statue and praise of a Dharma Protector that's harming others. Why would he make statues of Dorje Shugden. By the way, it is not confirmed if this statue was made by the Dalai Lama but we do know that there are statues believed to have been made by the Fifth Dalai Lama. This is all very interesting and would be nice if someone would actually ask him this.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 07:32:44 AM »
The great fifth Dalai Lama did a lot of things that showed Dorje Shugden was not ordinary spirit through the making of the statue of Dorje Shugden. He also helped to put down spiritual internecine warfare between the Gelugs and Kagyus which would have turned Tibet into a country at war. And war is not the best environment for spiritual practice. Two lifetimes ago it was the Third Dalai Lama who helped to bring Buddhism to the Mongolians hence ending the tyranny and blood thirsty nature of the Mongolians for destruction and conquest. So it is clear that the Dalai Lama in many lifetimes exhibited great works and benefitted people in general. 

If the the Dalai Lama's mindstream remains the same filled with compassionate and enlightened, why is it alright then for the Dalai Lama to propitiate Dorje Shugden then and today he is 'Demon'? I do think the CTA and tibetans in general do not study Tibetan history if they did, they would not need to hold on to the ban at all.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »

Dorje Shugden statue at Gaden Pelgyeling Monastery, Nepal, made by the Fifth Dalai Lama

The Great Fifth not only wrote this prayer, but even crafted a famous and still-existing statue of Dorje Shugden with his own hands.

His Holiness the Fifth Dalai Lama wrote this propitiation after realizing that Dorje Shugden was not a harmful spirit, as he had first assumed because of the disturbing appearances that manifested after Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen’s death. (extracted from  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/dorje-shugden-prayers/prayer-by-the-fifth-dalai-lama-to-gyelchen-dorje-shugden/)

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
It's illogical for the current Dalai lama to state that all his previous reincarnation were wrong and made a mistake by not realising that Dorje Shugden in fact a "Demon". If for the fact He is a "Demon" why would the fifth Dalai Lama and the fire puja were conducted during then failed to subdued this so called evil spirit and yet by realising that He Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit he had this vision of Dorje Shugden and make a statue out of it and composed a prayer to propitiates Him. How wonderful and beautiful the prayers is and may the ban and the truth to be reveal very soon.