Author Topic: Book drive for Shar Gaden library  (Read 5330 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Book drive for Shar Gaden library
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
A few of the monks and I have been discussing a book drive for the Shar Gaden library.
Right now the only English Dharma books are those sent by the NKT. This is great, but it would also be very nice to see some of our other lineage Masters represented as well. Many if the students here love to practice reading English books in their spare time, and Dharma books are an obvious and popular choice.
If anyone has any books to donate, new or used, send me a message and I will provide details on the best method to send them here.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Book drive for Shar Gaden library
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »
That's a great idea Tenzin Sungrab, but with postage and all, why not get them to read stuff online? There is so much Dharma (and other reading material) on the web, you'd never run out! A few monks can share one computer too.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
Unfortunately, most of the monks only have access to a computer one day a week for about a half an hour or so. There are only 4 computers and over 750 monks. The monks are only allowed to use the cyber cafe on Mondays. :(

It was just a thought.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
OK Tenzin, I'll ask around re English Dharma books and see what response I get...

cheers!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
I have a friend in America that is sent me an email yesterday saying that he was sending about 10 Dharma books by various Gadenpa lineage masters.

AWESOME!

W.B., keep asking around. Also, if you can ask around for English PDF files on basic English grammar etc. I will then print some out for monks that are interested.

Thanks!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 02:27:21 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Do I just send the books attention to you at Shar Gaden's official address? Or c/o the library? What's the correct address?

Cheers and hope you're having a good time in Serpom.. maybe you can post what your experience of the two different monasteries are...