Author Topic: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!  (Read 15641 times)

DharmaDefender

Re: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »
Oh and I DO SO like the images from NKT statues, not just their DS images but also all the other images in their centres. I understand they make their own statues instead of bringing them in?

I like how "human" and relatable they look. And I do like all the colour! It makes the images look very magical. It is interesting how Geshe-la has tailored the statues to be more suitable to his western students, like Kate said. It certainly appeals to me!

Yeah that's what I was told as well, by a carpenter who was restoring the centre up in Ulverston. I've always had trouble identifying with statues of Tsongkhapa. Not because there's anything wrong with him, it's a flaw in my deluded mind, but to imagine him as a living, breathing monk is a bit difficult probably because I'm not used to Tibetan features...but the Maitreya in Ulverston, no probs!

With the thought that Buddha can take on any form to cause progress in our Dharma practice, we should be even more encouraged to practice this verse and treat all sentient beings as supreme beings who gives us the opportunity to practice compassion, wisdom and skillful means.

How silly it would be for us to disparage an enlightened being, as we do every time we do not follow our lama's instructions eh? Blinded by our ignorance, we cannot see the true value of the jewel before us. I wonder how much longer each of us can keep it up before the causes ripen for us to be spiritually distant from our teachers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:15:42 PM by DharmaDefender »