Author Topic: Tsem Lama's blog  (Read 7271 times)

honeydakini

Tsem Lama's blog
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »
Okay, Tsem Lama seems the real hot topic and piqued by curiosity (from all the recent forum postings of his blog posts), I decided to spend some time checking out the rest of his blog.

Fantastic stuff. I only wish more Lamas would do this! It is a wonderful way to learn and especially for the distracted, fun-loving crazies of the 21st century (like many of us) to connect to Dharma. Haha! Everything from UFO to reincarnation videos to funny little pictures of his students in action. I'm loving it. It's so nice to see how people are really living, eating, sleeping Dharma and making it a real part of their life. We always wax lyrical about how Buddhism is "not a dogma or religion but a way of life" but our actions prove otherwise - we spend more time philosophising or intellectualising on forums or sitting in our quiet little homes reading copious books on our own. It is so inspiring to see these young people (many of them are SO young!) really engaged in the teachings.

I remember briefly coming across on the old e-sangha forums the "accusations" and discussions against Tsem Rinpoche and everyone used to be very up-in-arms against him and his actions. They would debate endlessly and endlessly. How silly! I always wondered their basis was for what they said: Had they even done half as much as he has accomplished for Dharma? If not, then what were they talking about! How sad that this is what Dharma has become - such cynicism and pettiness. If only they spent as much time contributing towards some of what Tsem Rinpoche is actually doing - that would be much more beneficial to the world than merely speculating and yarning away like old ladies on the forum about his supposed "misdeeds".

If anyone has any recommendations to other cool blogs, please do share! Always great to have different views and insights from both Sangha and lay practitioners.

DSFriend

Re: Tsem Lama's blog
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
Tsem Lama is also into animals...check out the Hachiko's videos. I watched this video sometime back...the loyalty of this dog is amazing.
http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/hachiko.html

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »

Tsem Lama is also into animals...check out the Hachiko's videos. I watched this video sometime back...the loyalty of this dog is amazing.

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/hachiko.html

So nice of you to post this link. I love the story Tsem Rinpoche has blogged re Hachiko. Hachiko teaches us so much.

Very moving true story that brought so much tears to my eyes.

Thank you for this post.

TK

jingang

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
I like Tsem Lama's blog.  I feel more connected with his teachings through reading his blogs. I watch many of his videos on Youtube before and now I have another channel to learn. Internet is really the way to go... I am grateful Tsem Lama started this blog and seemed to spent a lot of time postings because there are many posts in one day.

a friend

more clear and peaceful
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 05:30:37 AM »
From Tsem Rinpoche's blog:

Dear Rinpoche,

Thank you for always making us aspire to higher grounds.
The view is much more clear -and peaceful- from higher grounds.
Yours sincerely.

Thierry

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:08:32 AM »
Here is a link to Tsem Tulku's blog that explains how he helped me when I was working for a homeless shelter in America.http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/03/hope-house-and-dukehelp-themplease.html(Duke is my common name)
He even made a link on his blog (under recommended links)and his website to Hope-House and encouraged others to help with our mission.

I really like his approach because he knows how to put the holy Dharma into direct action. Among his many activities he also feeds the poor and gives shelter to animals; two things also very close to my heart.

We need more Teachers like him who are willing to take the Dharma into the streets and who are willing to get a little dirty for the sake of helping others.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:18:20 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DharmaDefender

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:43:29 PM »
Here is a link to Tsem Tulku's blog that explains how he helped me when I was working for a homeless shelter in America.http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/03/hope-house-and-dukehelp-themplease.html(Duke is my common name)
He even made a link on his blog (under recommended links)and his website to Hope-House and encouraged others to help with our mission.

I really like his approach because he knows how to put the holy Dharma into direct action. Among his many activities he also feeds the poor and gives shelter to animals; two things also very close to my heart.

We need more Teachers like him who are willing to take the Dharma into the streets and who are willing to get a little dirty for the sake of helping others.

I like his approach too, because it's not discriminatory. I've been having a look at his blog and it's not just you he's supported, but also other efforts to help sentient beings, whether it's from his organisation or not. I think it's incredibly Dharmic that he doesn't refuse to assist other groups...help is just help right, no matter who it's coming from. It's so (refreshingly!) lacking in politics.

With respect, I both agree and disagree with your last line - I think all lamas get a little 'dirty' in their own ways. I do get what you mean though, it's always nice to see Dharma in action, rather than confined to the Dharma centre where students get to act all holy, and never actually have to test their practice or put the lessons they learn into action. All talk and no action is very easy!

icy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »
Hi!  Thank you for sharing this blog with us.  This is so interesting.

icy

cleojean

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
I am new here, and got routed into here as I was following a post on the Tsongkapa Box Set. Tsem Lama is very interesting with his Kechara Group. Yes, there should be more good examples of Buddhism like them as they focus on doing good, spreading the Dharma and benefit those around them. Wonderful!