Author Topic: Gangchen Rinpoche  (Read 6564 times)

DharmaDefender

Gangchen Rinpoche
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:16:27 AM »
Found some pictures of Gangchen Rinpoche which I wanted to share with everyone. Enjoy, hope everyone's having a good Thursday.

G

thaimonk

Re: Gangchen Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:36:27 AM »
Just seeing pictures of this Great Rinpoche blesses my mind. He has such an incredible smile.

He is so courageous and unafraid. The whole Tibetan govt is against him and yet can do nothing to him.

May he live very long.

Mana

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
His Holiness the Great Panchen Lama was a also a devoted practitioner of Dorje Shugden.
Panchen Rinpoche has a beautiful and large Chapel devoted to Dorje Shugden in Tashi Lunpo Monastery. It is open to visitors today in Tibet.

Here is HH Panchen Rinpoche together with Gangchen Rinpoche. Panchen Rinpoche had a very close relationship with Gangchen Rinpoche.
Gangchen Rinpoche's Monastery is very near Tashi lunpo in Shigatse, Tibet.
Extracted from Facebook

beggar

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »
Just seeing pictures of this Great Rinpoche blesses my mind. He has such an incredible smile.

He is so courageous and unafraid. The whole Tibetan govt is against him and yet can do nothing to him.

May he live very long.

What a brilliant master.

All the more so because in the face of all the opposition that he faces from the TGIE, Gangchen Lama will never be heard to speak a single negative word against His Holiness of the government.

At the same time, he does all he can (which is a lot!) to bring Dharma everywhere. I hear he has centers all over the world, from Italy, right down to Indonesia, I believe. Does anyone have more info about this?

I think they have a whole Peace movement as well - including books, radio, music production... They even organise peace conferences. It's ridiculous that someone who is doing this much to encourage positivity in the world can be on a hit list.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »
I have found this interesting writeup about Gangchen Rinpoche. He has choose to not be involved with this issue by quietly doing his own practices, with no demonstrations or anything much. He just focuses on spreading the Dharma and China even allows him unlimited access to and from China. he is also a representative in the UN. A great mahasiddha indeed for our times!

Lama Gangchen
Organisation: The Lama Gangchen World Peace Foundation

The Lama Gangchen World Peace Foundation (L.G.W.P.F.) - United Nations Affiliated NGO, International Friendship for the Support of Himalayan Medicine, Vajrayana Buddhist Philosophy, Inner Peace Education, Non-Formal Education, Environmental care and Self-Healing for World Peace, was established in 1992 following an International conference of doctors, healers and therapists held in Milan, Italy.

Lineage: Gelugpa, H.H. Trjichang Rinpoche

Biography: Lama Gangchen was born in western Tibet in 1941. He was recognised at an early age to be a reincarnate Lama healer and was enthroned at Gangchen Choepeling Monastery at the age of five.

When he reached the age of twelve he received the "Kachen" degree which is usually conferred after twenty years of study. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, he studied medicine, astrology, meditation and philosophy in two of the major monastic universities of Tibet: Sera and Tashi Lhumpo.

He also studied in Gangchen Gompa, Tropu Gompa and Neytsong Monastery. He was disceple of some of the most important Gelugpa Lamas like H.H. Trjichang Rinpoche. In 1963, he went into exile to India where he continued his studies for the next seven years at the Varanasi Sanskrit University in Benares. In 1970, he received the Geshe Rigram degree (similar to a Ph. D.) from Sera Monastic University situated in South India.

After his graduation, he worked as a Lama healer among the Tibetan communities in Nepal, India and Sikkim, during which time he saved the lives of many people and was named private physician to the Royal Family. In 1981, Lama Gangchen visited Europe for the first time and has since become a resident and Italian citizen. In the same year, he also established his first European center: Karuna Choetsok in Lesbos, Greece, where he planted a bodhi tree in the 'Buddha Garden', and where he consecrated what was to become the first in a long line of World Peace Buddha Statues, thankas and images.

Comment: Since 1982, he has travelled extensively, both healing and teaching worldwide, leading many pilgrimages to some of the most important holy places of different religious and spiritual denominations in the world. Since many years Lama Gangchen promotes a very important project: the integration between Tibetan Medicine (an incredible and unlikely still unknown treasure of humankind) with allopathic medicine.

Lama Gangchen is the holder of an ancient and unbroken lineage of Tantric Masters dating from the time of Shakyamuni Buddha. His Ngalso Tantric Self-healing is based on Buddha's teaching but it's suitable for modern people.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »

May he live very long.

I agree! May Rinpoche live long and lead us all to fields of bliss!!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
I have met many of Rinpoche's students. They all seem very down to earth and compassionate.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »
I have found this interesting writeup about Gangchen Rinpoche. He has choose to not be involved with this issue by quietly doing his own practices, with no demonstrations or anything much. He just focuses on spreading the Dharma and China even allows him unlimited access to and from China. he is also a representative in the UN. A great mahasiddha indeed for our times!

Lama Gangchen
Organisation: The Lama Gangchen World Peace Foundation

The Lama Gangchen World Peace Foundation (L.G.W.P.F.) - United Nations Affiliated NGO, International Friendship for the Support of Himalayan Medicine, Vajrayana Buddhist Philosophy, Inner Peace Education, Non-Formal Education, Environmental care and Self-Healing for World Peace, was established in 1992 following an International conference of doctors, healers and therapists held in Milan, Italy.

Lineage: Gelugpa, H.H. Trjichang Rinpoche

Biography: Lama Gangchen was born in western Tibet in 1941. He was recognised at an early age to be a reincarnate Lama healer and was enthroned at Gangchen Choepeling Monastery at the age of five.

When he reached the age of twelve he received the "Kachen" degree which is usually conferred after twenty years of study. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, he studied medicine, astrology, meditation and philosophy in two of the major monastic universities of Tibet: Sera and Tashi Lhumpo.

He also studied in Gangchen Gompa, Tropu Gompa and Neytsong Monastery. He was disceple of some of the most important Gelugpa Lamas like H.H. Trjichang Rinpoche. In 1963, he went into exile to India where he continued his studies for the next seven years at the Varanasi Sanskrit University in Benares. In 1970, he received the Geshe Rigram degree (similar to a Ph. D.) from Sera Monastic University situated in South India.

After his graduation, he worked as a Lama healer among the Tibetan communities in Nepal, India and Sikkim, during which time he saved the lives of many people and was named private physician to the Royal Family. In 1981, Lama Gangchen visited Europe for the first time and has since become a resident and Italian citizen. In the same year, he also established his first European center: Karuna Choetsok in Lesbos, Greece, where he planted a bodhi tree in the 'Buddha Garden', and where he consecrated what was to become the first in a long line of World Peace Buddha Statues, thankas and images.

Comment: Since 1982, he has travelled extensively, both healing and teaching worldwide, leading many pilgrimages to some of the most important holy places of different religious and spiritual denominations in the world. Since many years Lama Gangchen promotes a very important project: the integration between Tibetan Medicine (an incredible and unlikely still unknown treasure of humankind) with allopathic medicine.

Lama Gangchen is the holder of an ancient and unbroken lineage of Tantric Masters dating from the time of Shakyamuni Buddha. His Ngalso Tantric Self-healing is based on Buddha's teaching but it's suitable for modern people.

Good point there Ensapa. Actually what Ive noticed about Gangchen Rinpoche is that when the CTA mention him, its always in connection with how they want to kill for him practising Dorje Shugden. But when anyone else mentions him, its always in connection with his work towards peace and healing.

Makes me wonder, can the CTA see beyond peoples "bad" points and focus on whats good, or are they totally incapable of that?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »

Good point there Ensapa. Actually what Ive noticed about Gangchen Rinpoche is that when the CTA mention him, its always in connection with how they want to kill for him practising Dorje Shugden. But when anyone else mentions him, its always in connection with his work towards peace and healing.
This also shows how ineffective the CTA is. The only people who listens to CTA are people who are fanatical and very unreasonable at the same time, and coincidentally, fail miserably in their current life. I havent really heard of a successful person who is the CEO of some company or who has made it in life. It is always the few hipsters who need something to believe in, but fail to study up more on the issue before they 'commit'. Lama Gangchen is world famous although there are some detractors here and there, but in general he is popular. Else, they wouldnt have made him a UN Ambassador, and neither would he be allowed to treat Bhutanese royalty!

Makes me wonder, can the CTA see beyond peoples "bad" points and focus on whats good, or are they totally incapable of that?
If they were capable, China would have listened to them. If they were capable, they would have been able to do so much more than just printing bad material about their 'enemies'. If they were capable, Dharamsala would have been a well developed colony by now. If they were capable, they will not need demonstrations to get the points across.

I always love your firebrand views on these topics, Dharmadefender, you're just like your name! So passionate about how high lamas are unfairly treated. I really do admire your spirit and your knowledge, especially your fiery passion in these things. The ban must stop because high lamas like Gangchen Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche are getting death threats just  for being who they are and that is not fair.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 02:25:08 AM »
Thank you Dharma Defender for sharing these lovely pictures of Gangchen Rinpoche. I have heard many miraculous stories of Gangchen Rinpoche and I hope that one day I would have the honour of meeting Him :)