Author Topic: My special Shugden Thangka  (Read 7681 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
My special Shugden Thangka
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »
I wanted to share this special Shugden thangka in my collection of holy items. He is in a very peaceful form, holding a wishfulfilling jewel close to his heart. This is a replica of a very old one.

He is surrounded by the other four primary emanations and directly to his centre bottom is Minister Kache Marpo. Kache Marpo resides outside the main gate of Shugden's palace representing he's always ready to be dispatched to assist sent by Shugden.

I really like the colors, style and peacefulness of Dharma King Dorje Shugden in this thangka. I am sharing it here with all of our forum friends. Download if you like and may you be blessed by seeing this thangka.

TK

Zach

Re: My special Shugden Thangka
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »
Very beautiful :)

VS

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »
Dear TK,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely thangka. DS and His entourage look very peaceful.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
The Thangka is very beautiful I wonder who painted it, they must have a lot of pure devotion to be able to paint something so beautiful.

icy

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
Thank you for your kindness in sharing this with us.  I like the Thangka. 

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »
What a beautiful thangka! I wish to own a similiar thangka like this one day. I like the peaceful form of Dorje Shugden. It shows that although Dorje Shugden was previously just a simple monk (humble), he could manifest wrath for the sake of protecting the Gelugpa lineage. This is how sincere Dorje Shugden is in protecting the lineage.

A simple monk who chose to let go of his life for a better purpose! We really should respect Dorje Shugden!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:12:21 PM by Mana »

Mana

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
What a beautiful thangka! I wish to own a similiar thangka like this one day. I like the peaceful form of Dorje Shugden. It shows that although Dorje Shugden was previously just a simple monk (humble), he could manifest wrath for the sake of protecting the Gelugpa lineage. This is how sincere Dorje Shugden is in protecting the lineage.

A simple monk who chose to let go of his life for a better purpose! We really should respect Dorje Shugden!

Good way of looking at why He is peaceful in this form. I like what you wrote. Thanks. Mana

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »
This thangka has become my new iPhone wallpaper. Thank you for sharing!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
...although Dorje Shugden was previously just a simple monk (humble), he could manifest wrath for the sake of protecting the Gelugpa lineage. This is how sincere Dorje Shugden is in protecting the lineage.

Hes the lamrim teaching :)

Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen gave up his life to protect the lineage... now its our turn to do the same. And I dont mean give up our lives literally (thats a disclaimer before the detractors lurking out there in the internet wilderness misquote me!!!) but I mean give up the things that hold us back from going all the way with our practice like our attachments and preferences and assumptions of our own limitations.

Tenzin K

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
Great Thangka that you have.
It's really peaceful.

Should have one of this form.

TQ so much for sharing.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Thank you for sharing this thangka with us. It is awfully rare to find Shugden thangka and even statues available. I've been telling my friends whom I have introduced Shugden to download the pictures from this website and a few months ago when I visited their apartments, I saw Shugden picture which they downloaded from this website on their altar beautifully frame. Nice!

Barzin

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »
very beautiful.  very detail and very nice.  Personally I rarely see any peaceful image of Dorje Shugden, not a lot.  This indeed is a rare one.  Thankyou for the posting.  This reminds me of the wonderful story of Dorje Shugden, how a simple monk can actually do so much, take on so much and manifest in a most difficult situation to benefit all beings...  He is just a monk.  Revolution.  Now, how many have heard his name.  Whether for or against, it is for dharma purposes, how noble.  Here he shown us that we can actually achieve that too.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »
Thank you for sharing this thangka with us. It is awfully rare to find Shugden thangka and even statues available. I've been telling my friends whom I have introduced Shugden to download the pictures from this website and a few months ago when I visited their apartments, I saw Shugden picture which they downloaded from this website on their altar beautifully frame. Nice!

Hahaha even better when youve never mentioned DS to them, and then you find theyve got a picture of him in their flat.

Christ at the rate tks going, soon he (she?) will be able to start up the worlds first DS art gallery! Goodness knows thats a long time coming... have you SEEN the number of Buddhist art galleries out there? Think itd be pretty neat to have one in the future thats just on DS, when its less likely to pick up a lot of flack.