Author Topic: Symbolism of Dorje Shugden  (Read 6465 times)

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
Symbolism of Dorje Shugden
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
Now that we have youtube embedding capabilities its even more easier to share with each other....

Enjoy!

The Symbolism of Dorje Shugden Small | Large

dsdisciple

Re: Symbolism of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:13:06 AM »
Thank you iloveds for the youtube link. I am a newbie and learning so much more about DS and wondered if you or someone can shed some light on what are the 4 emanations of DS?

1. Shize
2. Gyenze
3. Wangtze
4. Trakze

What are the role or functions of each? and Does one receive their help when they propitiate prayers to DS? as the need arises for sincere practitioners to practice dharma.

xo

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
You know the mantras for all of Dorje Shugdens emanations is on the homepage of the main website. Give me a little time to dig up the posts and forum threads as i'm travelling at the moment.

Unless some of our fellow forum goers can help shed some light for you.

Welcome dsdisciple!

Barzin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
I have learned the wonderful qualities of Dorje Shugden, besides the iconography; Dorje Shugden emanates as the youngest of all protector therefore the most suitable protector at our degenerate time.  I was told that if you look his prayers along with his other four emanations, it is the very qualities that we aspired to get eg, increase, control, peace...  By attracting us using our worldly attachments, out of compassion he brings dharma to us, therefore emanating peace and increase in spiritual wisdom for us to be able to practice dharma to gain merits.  And it is those very qualities that we needed!

To me, his qualities are beyond the iconography.  Simple yet so profound.  Personally I even feel that his prayers are also cater for today's age.  Such a modern protector!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
Thank you iloveds for the youtube link. I am a newbie and learning so much more about DS and wondered if you or someone can shed some light on what are the 4 emanations of DS?

1. Shize
2. Gyenze
3. Wangtze
4. Trakze

What are the role or functions of each? and Does one receive their help when they propitiate prayers to DS? as the need arises for sincere practitioners to practice dharma.

xo

Dear DSDiciple,

The role/functions of the 4 other emanations of Dorje Shugden can be easily found in the website dorjeshugden.com. Here is the link for your easy access: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4279

I personally like Trakze very much. The wrathful form of Dorje Shugden who rides on a Garuda..fierce! Practicing and having faith in Trakze will help us overcome our obstacles like black magic and dangerous situations.

All info can be found in the link above! Do check it out everybody! dorjeshugden.com has A LOT of information!

daka

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
I agree, dorjeshugden.com has so much information and it covers almost every aspect of Dorje Shugden practice. The best part is this website is not bias. To me, this is the true spirit of any real Dharma practitioner.

beggar

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
A quick handy reply to your question dsdisciple!

The four emanations correspond to the four energies; and in total, the five forms of Dorje Shugden correspond to the five buddha families (and their energies). you can also identify this by their colors:

Shize (white): peaceful emanation (for healing, pacifying serious illnesses or natural calamities in certain areas)

Gyenze (yellow): the emanation for increase (increase of wealth, resources, attainments, dharma teachings and wisdom)

Wangze (red): control emanation (for taming very difficult minds, bringing peace and calming people with very difficult minds).

Trakze (dark red): wrathful emanation (for protection against or combatting very serious negative inteferences or disturbances)

If you are unsure which emanation you should do, the best would be to seek the advice of your teacher or, if you are not able to, recite the mantra and do the prayers of the main form of Dorje Shugden, is encompasses all.

beggar

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
also, back to the original title of this thread - the symbolism of dorje shugden - here is another link that may be useful!

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4276

it's always good to understand the symbolism of buddhist images, it can be very useful for us to contemplate these various aspects when we visualise Dorje Shugden during mantra recitation.

beggar

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
Does one receive their help when they propitiate prayers to DS? as the need arises for sincere practitioners to practice dharma.

We can propitiate each emanation separately by reciting their individual mantras. Here's the link that iloveds was talking about: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=949.0

But yes, even if you just do prayers to the main form, the right help will arrive to you, according to your needs. If you pray to Dorje Shugden, this automatically includes the 32 beings in the entourage. I have heard in some cases that Dorje Shugden has advised people (while in trance through an oracle) to do his black tea and have faith in their lamas, and he will send the 8 guiding monks or the 9 mothers to help. So it could be any of the beings in his entourage (most of whom are emanations of himself) to assist in your practice and work.

Another thing that is helpful if you are propitiate and making requests to the four emanations is to recite more of the serkym verse that is specifically to the emanations (it is the verse immediately after the verse to Dorje Shugden himself):

Five types that bestow unimpeded
Acts of peace, increase, control, and wrath,
Offering you nectar that bestows bliss,
Spontaneously grant our every wish!
(full prayers here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=57)

so you can recite this verse several more times if you are requesting any of the emanations.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:34 PM »
As we embark upon Dorje Shugden practice it is important to know the iconography and symbolism of our Protector so that when we visualise we are totalling mesmerised by the powerful meaning of everything that Dorje Shugden and his 4 emanations are.

They symbolises the current times and what we need to eradicate ignorance and attachments.