Author Topic: A Facebook status on Dorje Shugden  (Read 19611 times)

Ensapa

• Email
A Facebook status on Dorje Shugden
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »
Hi Guys, I found this very amusing conversation about Dorje Shugden on a friend's Facebook and i would like to share with you guys here:
Some guy:
What will you do if you find out some of your FB friends are also the friends of Dorje Shugden ??????
Like ·  · Unfollow Post · about an hour ago near Singapore, Singapore ·

Another guy: Dangerous...
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy: What will you do then?
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy: Chua Actually it depends how one perceive
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy: dont care lo
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy:Don bother
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy: Who are we to judge? My Lamas advised me to respect the practices of others and live in harmony. That's Dharma
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy: does it matter to you?
about an hour ago · Like

Yet another guy:I need to have a new perspective to see things. I dont want to get into politics. But now I know what to do..
54 minutes ago · Like

Yet another guy: ?????????????????????????????
53 minutes ago · Like

Yet another guy: What would you do?
53 minutes ago · Like

The poster : Due to my past indoctrination by some senior Gelugpas, I was told not to associate with them. I think as one brother Benjamin Plk mentioned to me earlier on, embracing them with compassion and praying for them is the wise thing to do.
48 minutes ago · Like

The poster: Now my mind is free
45 minutes ago · Like

The poster: From this episode, I see that some of us have some hangups or negativity which may hinder us from further practice and I am so glad that such negativity is gone tonight !
42 minutes ago · Like

Yet another guy: the Triple Gems Always Be With Us! :)
39 minutes ago · Like

Yet another guy: They r Buddhist after all, why discriminate? Who knows some unscrupulous individual might stir this issue to cause further division amongst Tibetan Buddhism. Guess who gets d last laugh? Missionaries all ready to go into Tibet anytime to do their song & dance to convert.
38 minutes ago · Like

Yet another guy: Firstly as Buddhists we should investigate about this. We should read documents, history and timelines and find out why is he bad. The Buddha said not to believe in things blindly just because of hearsay and there must be solid reasons before we see something to be true. So we need to do our homework and eradicate people's influence in our judgement, then we will be real Buddhists. For me I'd do an exhaustive research on Dorje Shugden for my personal view and then not let it affect my judgement of people.
18 minutes ago · Like

The poster is singaporean by the way.

It is so funny!! he speaks of Dorje Shugden like his ex lover! pray for dorje shugden practitioners hahahahaha, but he cannot even say WHY and notice how he said he had some past indoctrination? That's so funny because he follows what people tell him to do only and not do any investigation himself.  He takes their word so readily. And the sad part is, a majority of the Buddhists out there these days operate and behave this way.

It is very sad to see Buddhists listening to hearsay…If they were around the Buddha's time, when a woman faked her pregnancy and accused the Buddha of being the father, I am pretty sure most of these "Budddhists" today will walk away and lose all of their faith in Buddha….they trust in hearsay so easily and readily, without investigation or logic.

It is really up to us to change this generation of Buddhists into real Buddhists.

jeremyg

Re: A Facebook status on Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »
What is great to see is that people are talking about Dorje Shugden, and even on Facebook. It is raising the awareness of all their friends who see the post. How great. Then all their friends will research, they will learn up, by reading, coming to this website etc. And slowly slowly, the rising of the people will have a great effect on the ban. One man cannot change the outcome, but millions most definitely can.

AnneQ

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »
Yes it is a good thing that conversations like this is sprouting everywhere. It may not all be positive and rosy but at least people are talking and debating about the practice and speaking out their minds. And in turn, curiousity and more learning as a result of these debates.

May the ban be lifted soon!

Barzin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
It seems like Dorje Shugden's (let's not talk about the practice first) name is quite well discussed Singapore.  I remembered watching one recent video of His Holiness during a recent Kalachakra initiation also mentioned Singapore.  I wonder which dharma centers practices Dorje Shugden?  If people are discussing already, i think the practice in Singapore is growing.  It seems like the practitioners in Singapore is creating awareness and many Singaporeans will be blessed and benefited. 

I also remembered reading some news about Shugden practice in Singapore.  Does anyone know if they have a center or something?  It will be good if we know there are people in different parts of Asia come together on this website.  So much to learn from one another.  Together we can contribute into lifting the ban.  How lucky we are to be born in a place which respect religious freedom.  Lift the ban already, free your people's sufferings.  Time to listen to the truth!

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
I also remembered reading some news about Shugden practice in Singapore.  Does anyone know if they have a center or something? 

There is at least the NKT Centre in Singapore.

They, by the way, are giving DS empowerment just now, this saturday and sunday.  ;D Pretty neat.

triesa

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:27 AM »
What is great to see is that people are talking about Dorje Shugden, and even on Facebook. It is raising the awareness of all their friends who see the post. How great. Then all their friends will research, they will learn up, by reading, coming to this website etc. And slowly slowly, the rising of the people will have a great effect on the ban. One man cannot change the outcome, but millions most definitely can.

You are right jeremyg, it is a good sign that people are openedly discussing about Dorje Shugden on social media. To counter a rumour that has been spread significantly is to talk about it openedly and clear the accusations with facts and proofs.

Usually people's minds are more susceptible to negative information, and they immediately form a shield against it out of defense mode, even without investigation into whether this rumour is true or not. People just blindly follow......like in the case of Dorje Shugden, many monks just blindly listened to Dalai Lama saying Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit, but based on what????? There is no substantial proof or evidence, o the contrary,  there are so much substantial proof and evidence that Dorje shugden is an enlightened being who manifested in this protector form for this age and time.

Lets keep the conversation going on FB, because it is the best way to clear the name for our King!

Jessie Fong

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:20:15 AM »
News via social media spread like wild fire.  It is good that people are discussing about Dorje Shugden via Facebook.  It reaches out to so so many people, to let them start thinking and find out more about the King.  This is one way to be able to quash rumors. 

Ours is not the generation of following blindly and taking our parents' or grandparents' words for granted.  We are the generation of inquisitive people, wanting to find out more, to dig further for the truth.

Let the friendly banter continue ... in search of the truth.

brian

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Buddhist nowadays do not want to get into politics and that's not helping the Dorje Shugden practitioners rite? It doesn't help the whole situation re the controversy also because everyone would rather remain staying away and could not be bothered at all.

I feel like sending this forum url to all the "ignorant" Buddhists in the world to let them see this website and see for themselves how much struggles Shugden practitioners have to go thru because of all the discrimination and harsh treatments.

I personally want to congratulate the team behind dorjeshugden.com for their undying effort in promoting the truth to all the people. Let's help dorjeshugden.com to be well known to many more people and make them have a clearer understanding about the whole idea behind the ban and resolve any doubts in the minds of the "neutral" ones and start doing Shugden practices! Dorje Shugden is the protector for today's Buddhists!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
I am happy with the exposure that person gave to his friends on Dorje Shugden. Based on the replies, we can see that more and more people are getting neutral about Dorje Shugden compared to the hardcore anti Dorje Shugden fanaticism that was talked about compared to this: http://sgforums.com/forums/1728/topics/217527 notice that the posts were back in 2006? It was 6 years ago and most people now have a different view on Dorje Shugden: it is no longer that he is a demon. Compare those replies with the Facebook ones.

most buddhists these days are still very superstitious and they prefer to listen to someone else rather than do their own investigations or use logic and study to learn. It is because to go against Dorje Shugden blindly simply because others say so creates the causes for them to be away from the Dharma as they are allowing their habituation of ignorance and laziness to discriminate against a Buddha. That alone can cause very deep and negative imprints and karma.

In the process perhaps, they spread awareness of Dorje Shugden unwittingly and that generates some positive potential about it. I am just concerned for the spiritual well being of the people who do such things and how will they fare eventually. On another level, it also shows how Buddhist practitioners have since degenerated when they switch lineages and prefer to stay ignorant rather than learn up and discover or experience for themselves the teachings.

With such conversations, I hope that there will be more awareness spread about Dorje Shugden and that more people would come because there will be people who would want to investigate for themselves. There are 2 types of Buddhists in general, the type who investigates everything throughly and the type that just takes in hearsay and opinions as the truth and this "controversy" is sure to stir up a lot of investigation into this topic. 

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »
Do you really want to help more people get involved with Shugden?

Even His Holiness Dalai Lama who propitiates Pelden Lhamo but does not promote her but Shakyamuni.

Why don't you promote a perfect being free of all mistakes like Shakyamuni Buddha who took three countless aeons to become a fully enlightened being as it's mentioned in the Parchin texts by Panchen as studied in Drepung Loseling and Dialectical School in McLeod Ganj Dharamsala (No I don't believe Panchen was a previous life of Shugden-so let's not go there please).

Why don't you promote something that the whole wide world of Buddhism accept? Shakyamuni Buddha is a perfect Buddha free of all obscurations and perfect in any aspect according to all texts, all sutras, Kangyur, Tengyur, all lineages, all schools of Buddhism?

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
Hey TG,

On that issue I'm totally with you. This promotion of a Lineage Protector is just moronish behaviour. If one wishes to promote something, it should be just the Sramana Gautama and nobody else.

yea

brian

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »

Even His Holiness Dalai Lama who propitiates Pelden Lhamo but does not promote her but Shakyamuni.

Why don't you promote a perfect being free of all mistakes like Shakyamuni Buddha who took three countless aeons to become a fully enlightened being as it's mentioned in the Parchin texts by Panchen as studied in Drepung Loseling and Dialectical School in McLeod Ganj Dharamsala (No I don't believe Panchen was a previous life of Shugden-so let's not go there please).

Why don't you promote something that the whole wide world of Buddhism accept? Shakyamuni Buddha is a perfect Buddha free of all obscurations and perfect in any aspect according to all texts, all sutras, Kangyur, Tengyur, all lineages, all schools of Buddhism?

Hey dude,

Appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

The main reason why Shugden is being introduced is to protect the minds of the current period of time which is in degenaration. Promoting Buddhha Shakyamuni is also good as well as any other Buddhas such as Buddha Tsongkhapa. I believe the very main reason for Protector practice is also to help to clear our obstacle(s) or inner maras in order to practice Dharma and seek refuge in the Buddhas.

Dorje Shugden as one of the Protector of the current period of time is very highly regarded as one of the many other Protectors to be able to help solve our problems faster and effective. Afterall, Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and if it is something good for us, we should promote it to other friends too.

I personally benefitted from practising Dorje Shugden who has answered my prayers and helped me to overcome my own difficulties. Doesn't mean that other Yidam or Protector are not powerful enough to help us, if we have our Guru and given a Yidam to practice on, it is also good to have Dorje Shugden to practice along.

Just put it this way, in my view Dorje Shugden protects Buddha's teachings and it is easier for us to propitiate Dorje Shugden due to the current degenerated times. My two cents worth :)

Tenzin K

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:26:23 AM »
It’s real great to see more and more people know and learn up about Lord Shugden. This is not about getting involved in the political issue but to know and understand the truth of the practice and the incident that contradict with the teaching.

As most of us also aware that at this generation, the people are not easily to just follow things blindly without a proper logic sense of explanation. People questions every single thing.
The acceptance of people now a day is much intellectual. The issues of this great practice should be widely discuss and make known by the world not just because of the spiritual side of but also the human right of the practitioners. Let gets the people out there to learn up and comments. There is platform for them to learn and read up. There are article by individual, community & government which we can read up on the relevant issues. Information is so rich now that the people can source to understand the situation better and they can make their own conclusion with no bias.

Again what we want is not to overrule the government but the freedom of the spiritual practice and unbiased treatment for the practitioners.  How can separation bring harmony and development to the country?

Lord Shugden is a dharma protector that able to help the people faster and effectively in their spiritual path.  From this website, we can read that there are a lot of people benefited from this practice. It is one of the great protector practice that was passed down by the great masters that proven the result which we can see up this current time. This is a proven of the great practice that we can learn and discuss.

From the discussion in the Facebook indeed make people learn up.  Great venue for a mass discussion and create awareness. May more and more people understand the situation and support to lifted the ban.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 03:42:59 AM »

YES! That's what I'll be doing for the rest of my life! It makes me happy, it makes my Lamas happy, it makes my lineage Lamas happy! This is my PURPOSE in LIFE :)

But I am not His Holiness the Dalai Lama, I respect and love Pelden Lhamo too but not as much as Dorje Shugden. Pelden Lhamo has not spoke against Dorje Shugden, so I think it is safe to do his practice.

Yes I take refuge in Buddha Shakyamuni and he is PERFECT but I promote Him through His REFINED teachings which are studied, meditated upon and REALIZED by the Great Jamgon Je Tsongkhapa! By promoting Dorje Shugden and making Him accessible to everyone helps these beings who have the potential to enter the Great Lobsang Drakpa's lineage with obstacles cleared and a mind ready to receive the Lamrim.

In this age and time where there are alot of distractions in life, we do not have the liberty to be in the monasteries to study the entire Kangyur and Tengyur. Manjunatha Tsongkhapa manifested during our time as an ordinary man and studied, debated, contemplated and ATTAINED Buddhahood for us. Most importantly He left for us a legacy, Lamrim which is the refined teachings of Buddha which saves us time and we can study, practice and gain attainments from! This perfect being is also free from all obscurations and perfect in any aspect according to all texts, all sutras, Kangyur, Tengyur, all lineages, all schools of Buddhism!

And Dorje Shugden arose to protect these sets of teachings. We practice Lojong, Lamrim and Mahamudra, we make our Gurus, Yidams and Dharma Protector happy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

pgdharma

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
In this modern generation, social media like Facebook is a good way to promote Dorje Shugden. It is free, it creates awareness and  gets people curious to make them want to investigate more about the King. In fact, Dorje Shugden is now like a brand name. It is great to see so many people showing interest in wanting to know more and trying their best in many ways to help clear away the  misconceptions. Thanks to this website and the devoted hardworking team that has provided us a source of avenue to learn and understand the truth. I am one of them who has benefited from this sacred protector practice through this website.