Author Topic: How China and India will be more powerful that the U.S. by 2030  (Read 12794 times)

beggar

Re: How China and India will be more powerful that the U.S. by 2030
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
What this news means for the Tibetans in exile in India?

Oh ho ho. They're in the most precarious spot now, aren't they? They play their cards wrong and the Tibetans could find themselves falling out of favour not just with China, but also with India - the two potentially most powerful nations in the world - certainly the two largest populations!

They're already at loggerheads with the Chinese - this is old news.

With the ruckus they are stirring up with their own little internal conflicts, bans and denial of basic freedoms and rights to their own people, the CTA and Tibetans in India are also stirring up more trouble for themselves in their relations with the Indian government. India is known for being a democracy and pride themselves for this. Of all the countries in the world, everyone knows that India is a spiritual melting pot - everyone is allowed to practice everything there.... except the Tibetan community who are upholding a most archaic ban against the single practice of Dorje Shugden.

So far, the India government have been most tolerant and extremely generous towards the Tibetan community in exile. Would they continue extending such tolerance if they know of the mess they were creating among their own settlements which so blatantly discriminates against each other for their religious choices? Would India - so well known for its religious freedoms - tolerate that? The CTA had better be careful. It wouldn't be at all good for them to fall out of favour with India, or they risk suffering the wrath of two emerging giants in the world.

If the west is becoming so "frightened" of China, what's not to say that they will also soon be just as cautious about upsetting of India? If the CTA don't play their cards right and begin to upset India, it's going to become increasingly difficult for them to get the support of any other nation in the world - by then, nobody is going to upset either China or India, and supporting the Tibetans in exile could potentially mean angering both.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:37 AM »
If the west is becoming so "frightened" of China, what's not to say that they will also soon be just as cautious about upsetting of India? If the CTA don't play their cards right and begin to upset India, it's going to become increasingly difficult for them to get the support of any other nation in the world - by then, nobody is going to upset either China or India, and supporting the Tibetans in exile could potentially mean angering both.

Unfortunately, for the CTA they have already angered China and China is not exactly stupid -- they are aware of the fact that CTA has been provoking self immolations in Tibet and they know what is going on with everything. The fact that CTA has not been doing anything at all to improve their relations with China for fear that it would go against the common anti Chinese sentiments in Dharamsala. Meanwhile, CTA and the Tibetan colony is skirting on dangerous grounds with India with the TYC members organizing free tibet rallies all over the world and not thanking India. India has been cautious at a few other figures as well such as Tai Situpa and Orgyen Trinley so CTA is skating on thin ice with India. If I were them, id be more careful.

dsiluvu

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »
With the ruckus they are stirring up with their own little internal conflicts, bans and denial of basic freedoms and rights to their own people, the CTA and Tibetans in India are also stirring up more trouble for themselves in their relations with the Indian government. India is known for being a democracy and pride themselves for this. Of all the countries in the world, everyone knows that India is a spiritual melting pot - everyone is allowed to practice everything there.... except the Tibetan community who are upholding a most archaic ban against the single practice of Dorje Shugden.

Actually I am wondering why is India allowing such discrimination to happen within the Tibetan in exile? I mean if this is a rule that only applies to Tibetan's in Refuge camps in the exile community, then isn't this in a way over rides India's own democratic laws of religious freedom? Are the Tibetan Govt in exile trying to undermine India? And I wonder just how long before India says STOP this rubbish of a Ban because the discrimination causes chaos and disharmony which creates more problems for India... I think they already have their own problems to solve and do not need all these unnecessary problems that does not concern them but does disturb the peace.

I've never ever heard of refuges who has been kindly accepted by a country, created their own rules and laws. If it was anyone creating those laws, it would come from the country they've taken refuge in itself. What CTA does is basically unheard of and well as we all can see, they really got it good with India and they really have been taken cared for very well. But what have the Tibetans given back to India??? It is just a matter of time before the Indian Govt steps in especially when His Holiness passes, sorry to say, all their so called privileges would be reevaluated.  As it is now is a crucial time for India and China relations to flourish.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 05:50:11 AM »

Actually I am wondering why is India allowing such discrimination to happen within the Tibetan in exile? I mean if this is a rule that only applies to Tibetan's in Refuge camps in the exile community, then isn't this in a way over rides India's own democratic laws of religious freedom? Are the Tibetan Govt in exile trying to undermine India? And I wonder just how long before India says STOP this rubbish of a Ban because the discrimination causes chaos and disharmony which creates more problems for India... I think they already have their own problems to solve and do not need all these unnecessary problems that does not concern them but does disturb the peace.

I've never ever heard of refuges who has been kindly accepted by a country, created their own rules and laws. If it was anyone creating those laws, it would come from the country they've taken refuge in itself. What CTA does is basically unheard of and well as we all can see, they really got it good with India and they really have been taken cared for very well. But what have the Tibetans given back to India??? It is just a matter of time before the Indian Govt steps in especially when His Holiness passes, sorry to say, all their so called privileges would be reevaluated.  As it is now is a crucial time for India and China relations to flourish.

India is a melting pot of religions and cultures where Hinduism, Islam and Christianity have coexisted with each other for many centuries. They were even gracious enough to host the Tibetans during 1959. But CTA has been quite disappointing by not developing the land that they're on with the believe that they will go back to Tibet soon and thus they should leave Dharamsala undeveloped. If that is not enough, the TYC people have been inciting protests and hunger strikes for a free Tibet. And the cherry to top it all off is the ban on Dorje Shugden which might influence other Hindu traditions of India to ban a specific deity to their temple and create a lot of discord. It seems to me that CTA is not appreciative of India and they are pushing the envelope with their Indian hosts...

Gabby Potter

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that China and India will be more advanced than the U.S in no time, I mean look at most of the U.S products, most of them are made in China or other Asian countries. And in fact, China is growing stronger as day goes by, they are like bamboos, growing and developing every single day, rain or shine.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 06:29:14 AM »
From Dharma books written centuries ago till now, there is always the warning of degeneration. 

I am not surprised that by 2030 India and China will be more powerful than the balance of the world, as it contains 50% of the world population.

Does all this form of growth is the catalyst for further degeneration.  Even in our life we are seeing the pursue for materialism far outweigh the spirit of virtue. 

My conclusion is that greater samsaric growth by more of the world's majority population is the degeneration of the world. 

Let Dharma be taught exponentially and may be the combination of both is the solution. Is it possible to deflect the negative karma by 180 degrees.   

kelly

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 02:18:34 AM »
I personlly do agree that China and India will be more powerful than U.S by year to come because they have a lot of people and their people all wanted to strive for success in their career and these people are hardworking, but on the others hand because of the growth it bring the degenarative of the religion it is due to people are more materialistic and they have less focus on spiritual hence it will bring more problem to the country like crime rate will increase, so I do not think it do any good for the people because they are not ready for the growth.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »
According to this research of India, "At the census 2001, out of 1028 million population, little over 827 million (80.5%) have returned themselves as followers of Hindu religion, 138 million (13.4%) as Muslims or the followers of Islam, 24 million (2.3%) as Christians, 19 million (1.9%) as Sikh, 8 million (0.80%) as Buddhists and 4 million (0.4%) are Jain. Census of India: Religion Source: censusindia.gov.in/Census_And_You/religion.aspx

And According to this of China, "According to the most recent demographic analyses, an average 30—80% of the population in China, that is hundreds of millions of people, practice some kinds of Chinese folk religions and Taoism, 10—16% are Buddhists, 2—4% are Christians, and 1—2% are Muslims.
Religion in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China

For the above statistics, although Buddhism may be a fast growing religion in the world as a whole, there is also evidence of a threat of decline in general religious beliefs including Buddhism.

China - 16% of 1.252 billion (2013) population are Buddhist
India - 0.8% of 1.357 billion (2013) population as Buddhist
Against World population of 7 billion (2012)

The above numbers is shocking. There is an urgent need to preserve the teachings and lineages of Buddhism now.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 03:31:37 PM »
Kim Hyun Jae, thank you for the statistics, the number of Buddhists is very low in comparison to the world population.  Even in India where Buddhism arose, the return to Buddhism seem not in the radar for preference.
Seem to be growing better in China.

I agree that we must do our best to preserve the Dharma and expound it as much as we can so that virtuous living as taught by Buddhas will prevail to combat degeneration.  It is sure a daunting tasks, I am grateful to all the monks and nuns who are doing their work so well.