Author Topic: Antishugden.com apologized!  (Read 16018 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Antishugden.com apologized!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »
Well guys, I don't think it is an apology from the Central Tibetan Administration. Read carefully what the sign says. It sounds more like a Shugden Zealot has hacked the site and put up this notice. Nevertheless, it was worded well and it has pretty compelling evidence of who actually owns the site and who has been funding such nonsensical 'inquisition' on the Shugden practitioners.

If I were from Central Tibetan Administration, I wouldn't word my apology stating my own identity. That sounds silly. Why do I need to prove who am I. I just need to apologize and why do I need to apologize on a minor site. Why don't I do it on my main site and at the very most, I just record a video recording of the apology.

Anyway, in the event that they do apologize, it is not enough to undo the damages done. They need to send representatives to the oracle and personally apologize on behalf of the whole administration and perhaps sponsor pujas to undo some of the damages.

RedLantern

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Is this for real? Why apologized? Does this mean they've finally realized their mistake?Hundreds and thousands of  Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world will rejoice if this news is for real.More than three hundred years old diety has been named a spirit/demon when in reality Dorje Shugden is purely enlightened one with great compassion,is a manisfestation of Manjushri,the wisdom Buddha.
When it comes to our beliefs and devotion we never compromise at any cost and will continue our struggle till the ban is truly lifted!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
I doubt this was an apology by the CTA but nevertheless a good read! I'm sure many of us here are waiting for the day where the CTA really comes out and apologize for their shallowness.

I strongly agree with a statement in the apology. The Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden are indeed enlightened beings hence their motivation are for the benefit of others!

With faith and hard work, the ban will be lifted sooner and the REAL apology we await for will be sooner as well. Not to prove we are right and the anti shugden's are wrong but to tell the entire world that Dorje Shugden has always been an enlightened being and He is out there to bring benefit to everyone regardless of their religion. Dorje Shugden is like a guardian angel for all.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
@ Big Uncle Agree with you, and the btchy side of me thinks "Who in the CTA can write English so well?" It is very well-worded. Unless, it was Lobsang Sangye (Harvard graduate, Prime Minister of CTA) who wrote it. Would be nice to see him read out a similar statement.

It would appease and calm down Tibetans-in-exile, it would create harmony with Tibetan people and it would change the future route of Tibet defined by their collective karma.

Also, I don't think that the Dalai Lama will approve of such a statement being publicly stated. Until, this sort of statement comes out of www.dalailama.com... I'll still be iffy! Maybe that person should attack DalaiLama.com and get that statement in  ;D

Regardless, I'm happy to see that there is potential hope. The day the Dorje Shugden ban is lifted will come :)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »
The Anti-Shugden site went offline sometime ago and so I do not think that this Apology is really from people associated with the CTA who used to run the site. However what is just as good a news as this "Apology" is simply that fact that Antishugden.com is no more and continues to be dead. Just like the CTA.

I look forward to the day when the CTA issues a formal apology to all Shugden practitioners whom they have oppressed and all Shugden Lamas and Gurus whom they have disparaged and most of all to Dorje Shugden. I hope that when that day comes, there will be more than just words of apology but real reparations made to those who have been affected by the ban.

But how do you apologize to those who died as the result of the ban or those loyal to Shugden who died during the ban?

Positive Change

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 02:22:17 PM »
I would definitely think this as a farce! But nice one though as it reiterates that one day it will indeed come to this and everyone who has ever doubted the Protector of our Time will be scrambling to retract whatever they have said, written or printed.

That day will come and each of us has to persevere and continue our efforts in educating and spreading the practice.

DS Star

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
Dream comes true... or is it?

How I wish this is a real apology from AntiShugden.com, and better still if it really represents the CTA!

Though this may seems like a hacked 'job', it could be that HH the Dalai Lama is plotting something 'new' to 'reduce' the heat from CTA for its childish manner of handling DS issue. As the statement said clearly, HHDL's intention for the ban is to spread DS practice further but CTA had taken the matter into their hand on a totally reverse direction. Thus all the hardship and discrimination against the Shugden practitioners.

Still, I am very confidence that, not too long from now, the day will come where CTA will really issue an apology statement on their website... that day will definitely comes... sooner than we expect  :)

michaela

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
If this is true, I am very happy.  Because it means that all discriminations, working behind the scene, etc. would end.

But, I believe, HHDL should state himself that DS is an enlightened being.

negra orquida

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
Too good to be true... This looks like a hack job but it brightened up my day nonetheless!  Great work by the hacker  ;D I hope a lot of people who believes this is real.. if it IS actually real then woohoo!!!

But how do you apologize to those who died as the result of the ban or those loyal to Shugden who died during the ban?
There can never be an apology to heal or make up for the hurt and pain and loss of lives caused by the ban. Just like how the apology from the Australian government to the Aboriginals for the Stolen Generation cannot erase what has happened.  It will haunt them forever....

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
It says that the domain name expired back in 2009. It is hilarious that the CTA cannot even manage their own websites properly, nor can they afford to pay for the hosting of the website or even for the domain name! I dont think they would want to post their WHOIS information up. I dont think this is really an apology, perhaps someone bought the domain to host that page?

Either way, it goes to show that the CTA is not competent in even handling their own websites. Phayul's forums went down, and now antishugden.com is hacked and is basically rubbing it into their faces that they fail in doing anything properly, including their favorite pastime of attacking Dorje Shugden. They fail and fall flat at everything that they are supposed to do.

I dont think so any website would want to display such information openly, unless they have been hacked, but having said that, having the webpage displaying that apology letter is great as people who are looking for negative information about Dorje Shugden will stumble upon that and it will pique their interest to know what is really going on with the ban and why is the CTA so inefficient.

The person who hacked it must be someone who is sick and tired of hearing all CTA's lies about so many things, especially on Dorje Shugden. Lie after lie after lie, mostly created out of paranoia because most of them are just so illogical and far fetched that anyone who believes them really really need to start to do more research on the subject matter as they will soon realize they have been taken in for a ride.

Aurore

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
I agree with everyone else that this does look like a hack job. To me because it sounded too easy.

However, I cannot express how excited and happy I was to see this first glance until it did hit me that this is unlikely to be true. For that few seconds, the feeling was remarkable and this will be exactly how we will feel in future when the ban is lifted ... for real!

However, I suspect the ban may lift slowly and gradually without such announcements. :(

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
I agree with everyone else that this does look like a hack job. To me because it sounded too easy.

However, I cannot express how excited and happy I was to see this first glance until it did hit me that this is unlikely to be true. For that few seconds, the feeling was remarkable and this will be exactly how we will feel in future when the ban is lifted ... for real!

However, I suspect the ban may lift slowly and gradually without such announcements. :(

I dont think the ban can last long anyway, mainly because the CTA has time and time again proven themselves to be incompetent. They were not able to even register the domain name and hold it long enough before someone managed to buy it over, nor did they secure that domain name for their own use and domain names are cheap...probably not in rupees tho. And they are too lazy to even do this

Think deeper, think more, look at the bigger picture: with this amount of incompetence, it is just a matter of time before the officials themselves realize that Dorje Shugden will be the only being that can help them regain Tibet and also give them material sustenance which I believe they are sorely lacking as most tibetans in Dharamsala can barely afford to pay tax anyway.

Last I heard, they had to resort to fundraising dinners to sustain the cabinet and the office. they have no tourists as tourists dont need a tibetan visa to go in, they just need an indian one. They are incompetent at every aspect, and without Dorje Shugden the only way they are going is down. Only Dorje Shugden has the kindness and compassion to help them out of this rut.

The CTA themselves need Dorje Shugden's help to unstuck themselves from this situation. No Dharma protector however would help them on the basis of all the nasty things they did to a number of tulkus, basically banning their reincarnations for being more powerful than them and recently by splitting the monasteries and causing harm to Dharma practitioners. The future does not look rosy for CTA at all.

diamond girl

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
It says that the domain name expired back in 2009. It is hilarious that the CTA cannot even manage their own websites properly, nor can they afford to pay for the hosting of the website or even for the domain name! I dont think they would want to post their WHOIS information up. I dont think this is really an apology, perhaps someone bought the domain to host that page?

Either way, it goes to show that the CTA is not competent in even handling their own websites. Phayul's forums went down, and now antishugden.com is hacked and is basically rubbing it into their faces that they fail in doing anything properly, including their favorite pastime of attacking Dorje Shugden. They fail and fall flat at everything that they are supposed to do.

I dont think so any website would want to display such information openly, unless they have been hacked, but having said that, having the webpage displaying that apology letter is great as people who are looking for negative information about Dorje Shugden will stumble upon that and it will pique their interest to know what is really going on with the ban and why is the CTA so inefficient.

The person who hacked it must be someone who is sick and tired of hearing all CTA's lies about so many things, especially on Dorje Shugden. Lie after lie after lie, mostly created out of paranoia because most of them are just so illogical and far fetched that anyone who believes them really really need to start to do more research on the subject matter as they will soon realize they have been taken in for a ride.

I like what Ensapa says here that the CTA cannot even manage their own website on this anti-shugden matter which is what they seem to be obsessed about. This does indeed show the lack of urgency in pressing the Ban and the anti-shugden sentiment. This in turn also further shows how ineffective the management of the CTA is as a whole. Very sad indeed to think that Tibet will be regained by such a government (if this is what it is).

Like all of us here, I cannot believe that this apology is authentic by the CTA. As much as it is a delight to read, and the content true. Even if it is from the CTA (let's entertain this idea a little), I would not accept anything for concrete until we hear such a verdict from HHDL himself. As long as HHDL enforces the Ban, no apology from any government/authority body will make a difference.

Will we ever hear this from HHDL? I do not need to hear an apology from HHDL, I just want the Ban lifted full stop.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
I agree with Diamond Girl. It is not apology that we seek, but rather the solution - lift the ban. However, it is good that those who go to the page will perhaps leave the site with a better opinion of Dorje Shugden and the "ban" in general, rather than be bothered and confused the illogical Shugden-bashing content that was on previously.

I also applaud the hacker and the CTA (if it was indeed genuine apology) for their sincerity and realisation of who Dorje Shugden is, but I don't think the people who cannot maintain a website would even bother to return to post up an apology. I am hopeful however, to hear the good news from CTA itself in the near future.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »
Good to read about this! :) I hope that more anti Shugden people would realise and understand the truths soon and defaming Lord Dorje Shudgen's practise, you do not have to be a Buddhist or His practitioner, but please just keep your discontentment to yourselves and stop polluting other peoples' minds. It's very bad karma by the way.