Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230052 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: DS brochure
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
Oh, I do like the computer games idea very much! Imagine all the kids in the world log on to play the DS game online and they learn about DS and the wonderful Buddhadharma. What a great way to penetrate those young minds and start them from young!

It's certainly much better than all those fighting, violent and killing online games that they have now.

A comic book is not too bad, but the graphics must be captivating and the writing not too complicated.

I wonder how "normal folks and their kids" will react to seeing a wrathful Protector?

These days, so many teens and even adults are reading Manga. So, who knows, it might just take off like crazy!

Personally, I'd love to see an animated series or movie on DS. I think the visuals would just be stunning. There is so much we can create and do with animation when compared to real life acting.

Just sharing.
Helena

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2010, 10:03:36 AM »

Another 450 brochures distributed in the past few days!!! Very exciting.

Now we distribute in parking lots on the car windshields or 'hook' it to the car door handles on the driver's side. So there is no way to miss it. We return a short while later. If we put it on 10 cars, one brochure is thrown to the ground where the car was and the rest are not. We assume they are taken. Great! We go around 1 hour before closing time, so we can accurately know that it was taken. It was not the cleaners either, as why would they leave one brochure on the ground.

I download the dorje shugden brochure template from this site and take it to the printers to print out. Easier, cheaper and faster. Better quality. The printers folds it for you also and ready to distribute. I rather spend my money on this to promote dorje shugden's cause in a viable, tangible and overt manner. I don't like sitting around waiting, talking, chatting and hoping. Do something is my motto.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
In train station in England. Very non-aggressive way of presenting the brochures. But then we have never done it aggressively anyways. The brochures are available and up to you to take if you are interested. Everyone is invited to take a chance.

Our friends in Europe are printing out and passing out in many cities. Our European friends finds it fun and a great way to spend the evening by passing out dorje Shugden fliers.

They say, it's small, compact, striking and stands out. And why not.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2010, 11:05:30 PM »

Another 500 dorje shugden brochures passed out last night!!!

We are also passing them out in Japan. Will upload pictures of Dorje Shugden pamphlets all over Japan soon!!

TK

thor

« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »

We are also passing them out in Japan. Will upload pictures of Dorje Shugden pamphlets all over Japan soon!!

TK

Dear TK,

It's great what you are doing with the brochures - you and your friends have started to conquer asia & europe. What's next - america and then the rest of the world?

I applaud your method of action dharma. 108,000 brochures is no mean feat and it has inspired me to want to do something. For me and others like me, who for some reasons are unable to physically hand them out, perhaps we can pool together to cover the costs of printing of these brochures and letting some other forum member distribute them on our behalf.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »

TK

Dear TK,

It's great what you are doing with the brochures - you and your friends have started to conquer asia & europe. What's next - america and then the rest of the world?

I applaud your method of action dharma. 108,000 brochures is no mean feat and it has inspired me to want to do something. For me and others like me, who for some reasons are unable to physically hand them out, perhaps we can pool together to cover the costs of printing of these brochures and letting some other forum member distribute them on our behalf.

Great Idea. Let us know how the pool is going. Action dharma is so important.
TK

thaimonk

« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2010, 03:26:28 AM »

I'm not counting how many, I 'm just going to do whatever I can, but I have started to pass out these Dorje Shugden brochures. I like doing it.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

Pictures of Dorje Shugden Brochures being distributed in varioius temples, public places of interest, Japan Airlines, airports,  and tourist areas in Japan.

tk

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »
In one hour's time another group of friends will go out to distribute over 200 Dorje Shugden brochures. This website will create even more awareness when the recipients log on. Tremendous idea. 

TK

triesa

« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »
Wow, I am so inspired by the fact that TK has been distributing so many DS brochures. I'd better get my act together now and start getting them printed and start my little distrubution routine.

Thank you Loneranger for sharing the story of how the brother of Venerable Tharchin was helped by Dorje Shugden. So I believe strongly that by our action of helping to plant seed to many in distributing DS brouchers will inevitably benefit those who have the karmic affinity with Dorje Shugden.

Let's do our part and I am sure Dorje Shugden will do his:-)

Triesa

Helena

• Email
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
Wow, this is amazing!

It is really not aggressive nor intruding. We merely place the brochures in public places and just give everyone a chance to decide to pick them up or not. Great idea!

I am going to try putting them in train stations, bus terminals, bus stops and the famous Hong Kong's MTR stations.

Central and Tsim Tsa Tsui are just bursting with people every single day. Majorly crowded. I may not get a chance to snap pictures and share with you as people are always on the move and I too have to move quickly. Well, if I do get a chance to snap pics, I'll certainly post them in here.

Very inspiring indeed. Let's get this moving!

May DS travel wide and far and benefit MANY MANY people!
Helena

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

I have just distributed over 400 brochures in the last 8 hours as I went shopping.

TK

thaimonk

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
I am passing out these brochures. In the last few days, passed out nearly 500. It is quite addictive. Very satisfying when you see people looking at them, then pocket and take them.

Great idea!! :D

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2010, 02:09:56 PM »

This week another 800 dorje shugden brochures were passed out. Very good job. I thank all my friends from around the world for keeping up this movement.

We have to counter Dharamsala anti-shugden booklets I saw everywhere when travelling.

tk

hope rainbow

« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
This is like the work of a gardener planting lotus seeds in murky, polluted soils.
When the pollution lessens, when the seed gets watered, when conducive conditions are united, the seed sprouts. Then, with the nurturing of a qualified gardener, it blossoms quickly into a beautiful lotus flower.

I certainy am not a qualified gardener, but I can assist to plant the seeds.
That is what is being done by those who distribute the brochure.