Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230050 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: DS brochure
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2010, 03:44:38 AM »
Pardon me Lone Hermit, but when you say "Long live the glorious CCP. We should search for the tulku of Mao Tse Tung". I find your sarcasm reminescent of Bobbi Thurman. Maybe you are, I do not care, but your comment was stupid and antagonistic. Mao was an aetheist. I find you insincere and coarse.

I agree with Protectors Champion. On this forum sarcasm is NOT WELCOMED, ENTERTAINED NOR APPRECIATED. Nor is it Buddhist in spirit.

tk

DSFriend

« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2010, 07:15:56 AM »

Dorje Shugden in a London Cab. The next passenger will be blessed and lucky. Dorje Shugden spreading in various parts of Europe. Many ppl are passing these brochures out. Some even openly. The Tibetan Govt in Exile will never be able to stop us. This movement will CONTINUE TO GROW. Even after HH Dalai Lama has passed and the TGIE is dispersed, we will continue even further. Dorje Shugden's deeds, power and blessings will not be silenced. It will be introduced to many to recieve his benefits.  :D

We are just watching for the inevitable collapse of the silly, backwards and incredibly destructive Tibetan Govt in Exile. It's sooner or later. Mostly likely sooner. I am sad for them and will pray for them. But I can't change the negative karma that is heinous in nature they have accummulated individually and as a whole. 

TK

Long live the glorious CCP. We should search for the tulku of Mao Tse Tung

Lone Hermit.
Please be RESPECTFUL of the space made available to us by Admin. Many are here to learn and discuss constructively. STOP YOUR SARCASMS. Your message is typical of a SPAM and will not be accepted in this forum.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #242 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
I love it that DS is going places and exploding everywhere. The whole point is to make the image of DS become FAMILIAR to all. When familiarity grows, all else follows.

Planting seeds at this day and age requires "crazy and wild" methods. DS himself is not conventional at all. Otherwise we, the so-called "children of the degenerate age" will not have so much affinity with him out of all the Dharmapalas. If he is indeed the Protector of Our Time, DS can wing it and get with the program much faster and easier than most of us here! That is for sure!

Flooding the whole world with DS is the way to go! YES!
Helena

VS

« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »
Inspired by TK, i did the same!!! Printing and distributing the brochures whenever the opportunities arise. Guess what?! I'm addicted to it now!

It is real fun distributing the brochures every where so others get the chance to be blessed! What a wonderful way to benefit others.

I'm continuing this brochure distribution spree, this is my way of supporting the spread of DS practice! 8)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
VS, WAY TO GO!!

Do not under-estimate the power of FAMILIARITY.

Once more and more people are exposed to DS and are used to seeing DS's image, they will easily welcome him into their lives and even be receptive to all the precious teachings.

Everyone is doing whatever they can to help, contribute and make a difference.

This is the way to usher the great King's Return to REIGN!

This is definitely way better than doing nothing but offering very unkind words.

I believe every little bit helps. For every flower needs blossoms from the tiny seeds, and all the seeds need as much water and sun to grow into their own perennial beauty.

So, let's scatter and plant as many seeds as possible. MAY THE FLOWERS OF DHARMA GROW IN EVERY DIRECTION, FAR AND WIDE.
Helena

theloneranger

« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »
hmmm, after an awful lot of contemplation i am beginning to think that giving out DS brochures is actually a good idea. I went to a DS empowerment a few weeks ago in Scotland, we recieved the empowerment from Venerable Tharchin the retreat master in Scotland. He is holier than the holy. For three days he shook non-stop because he suffers from Parkinsons disease. You really have never seen anything like it in your life.  He gave the most incredible teaching i have ever recieved in 10 years, it blew everyone away.  He told us about his brother who has parkinson and suffers worse than him. He shakes violently for an hour at a time, experiences intense pain and cries non-stop.  His brothers not a buddhist, but Tharchin told him to rely on Dorje Shugden. He didn't expect his brother to take his advice.  But incredibly his brother took his advice and now goes to refuge to DS. not just once in while but all day long and chants his mantra to. He is feeling much better!  :) So i suppose everyone needs DS blessings, even if they just see his picture and nothing else it's good karma all round,

I suppose we give out meditation class leaflets so whats the damned difference? I may even get off my lazy fat ass and distribute some myself, my self-cherishing needs a good kickin!  I am having to eat a big slice of humble pie here! lol. (are you listening canada?) But hey doesn't mean i agree with the Tulku business though!

happy days  ;D

LR

p.s. whats the best way to print them? On card?

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
Dear LR,
Pretty inspiring, thanks.
x

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2010, 01:58:15 AM »
hmmm, after an awful lot of contemplation i am beginning to think that giving out DS brochures is actually a good idea. I went to a DS empowerment a few weeks ago in Scotland, we recieved the empowerment from Venerable Tharchin the retreat master in Scotland. He is holier than the holy. For three days he shook non-stop because he suffers from Parkinsons disease. You really have never seen anything like it in your life.  He gave the most incredible teaching i have ever recieved in 10 years, it blew everyone away.  He told us about his brother who has parkinson and suffers worse than him. He shakes violently for an hour at a time, experiences intense pain and cries non-stop.  His brothers not a buddhist, but Tharchin told him to rely on Dorje Shugden. He didn't expect his brother to take his advice.  But incredibly his brother took his advice and now goes to refuge to DS. not just once in while but all day long and chants his mantra to. He is feeling much better!  :) So i suppose everyone needs DS blessings, even if they just see his picture and nothing else it's good karma all round,

I suppose we give out meditation class leaflets so whats the damned difference? I may even get off my lazy fat ass and distribute some myself, my self-cherishing needs a good kickin!  I am having to eat a big slice of humble pie here! lol. (are you listening canada?) But hey doesn't mean i agree with the Tulku business though!

happy days  ;D

LR

Dear Lone Ranger,

Thank you for sharing the above story about your retreat master and his brother. i love hearing stories of how Dorje Shugden helps others!

Re printing the brochures, the admin has kindly posted up two brochures. In the first one (the red one), there are two parts, the brochure and the card which people can keep in their wallets etc. i've found that if you print the main brochure on heavier paper, it works better. The card is best printed on card and laminated.

I've found that the other one, as a bookmark, which was designed by one of our forum members, http://dorjeshugden.com/images/dsbrochure.jpg is easier to print, and perhaps maybe more appealing to the Scottish crowd since it's all in English.

Do let the forum know how it goes :) May Dorje Shugden bless everyone who receives your card.

Love
Kate

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

happy days  ;D

LR

LR
thanks for your sharing and I like what you said about the fact that we pass out meditation class leaflets (in abundance, all over new-age places which I've been to around the country) so this is just another method. It may work, or it may not, but I like to think that even if it works on just one person, it may be well worth it. Like you said, "even if they just see his picture and nothing else it's good karma all round" - beautiful and very true, as DS helps in the subtlest but most powerful of ways.

About the brochure and printing: just a tip that the red brochure takes a bit of coordination (which can be a little tricky for people who are all thumbs like myself). You'll need to get alignment right, to ensure that the text etc faces the right side up, especially after you have folded everything down into 8 parts. (does that make sense?)

I agree that for Western audiences, the 2nd design, like bookmarks and all in English, may be more suitable.

Or, of course, you could well design your own to suit Canadian aesthetics!!

crazycloud

« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »
But incredibly his brother took his advice and now goes to refuge to DS. not just once in while but all day long and chants his mantra to. He is feeling much better!  :) So i suppose everyone needs DS blessings, even if they just see his picture and nothing else it's good karma all round

But his brother had great faith in venerable Tharchin, has a life threatening illness. This is not the same as someone anonymosly receiving a brochure, no?

Anyway, glad you found the story inspiring.

I suppose we give out meditation class leaflets so whats the damned difference?

Mainly the difference is that when you put up a flyer for meditation, you are offering something that appears non-religious, and people immediately understand how they may benefit. When you put up a Dorje Shugden Flyer, people see someone else's God, and they see that god being aggressively promoted. In general, in the west, people find the promotion of Gods in the public sphere objectionable.

But hey doesn't mean i agree with the Tulku business though!

So you still have some discrimiantion, then....  :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
LR, good for you to see the good that it can bring to anyone who so sees or just hears the name: DORJE SHUGDEN.

Planting of seeds should start from somewhere. And in times like these, any which way that can 'plant' a seed should not be disregarded but should be explored - we may never know how and when that benefit will sprout.

After all, none of us here came here by accident. We must have had some sort of connection with DS a long time ago, many lifetimes ago and the seeds planted then must be blossoming now. And who knows how those seeds were planted at that time either. Who could say or verify if it was wrong or right.

The fact remains, we are all the products of seeds planted many lifetimes ago.

Hence, if we can benefit from it now, so can everyone else - from the distribution of these brochures.

Nothing is wasted.

I applaud you for being able to think again and see the benefit in every act.
Helena

theloneranger

« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
LR, good for you to see the good that it can bring to anyone who so sees or just hears the name: DORJE SHUGDEN.

I think one must be very skillful in handing out the leaflets. One must be subtle and not aggressive in anyway.

My only drawback is getting off my lazy ass to print them out. I don't have a printer so would need someone to do it for me. Maybe my friend who is a sign maker could print some out for me. Hmmm, got to think about this!

theloneranger

« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
But incredibly his brother took his advice and now goes to refuge to DS. not just once in while but all day long and chants his mantra to. He is feeling much better!  :) So i suppose everyone needs DS blessings, even if they just see his picture and nothing else it's good karma all round

But his brother had great faith in venerable Tharchin, has a life threatening illness. This is not the same as someone anonymosly receiving a brochure, no?

Anyway, glad you found the story inspiring.

I suppose we give out meditation class leaflets so whats the damned difference?

Mainly the difference is that when you put up a flyer for meditation, you are offering something that appears non-religious, and people immediately understand how they may benefit. When you put up a Dorje Shugden Flyer, people see someone else's God, and they see that god being aggressively promoted. In general, in the west, people find the promotion of Gods in the public sphere objectionable.

But hey doesn't mean i agree with the Tulku business though!

So you still have some discrimiantion, then....  :)

His brother wasn't a buddhist and not interested in Buddhism, they also live in seperate countries and don't have much contact. How do know he had great faith in Tharchin? You are only guessing!   Tharchin was extremely surprised when he took his advice.  It all depends on one's individual karma. When i realised that Tharchin's brother was relying on DS alone and nothing else i found that surprising.  Tharchin thought it was just great! So maybe just relying on DS alone is ok and will bring great benefits to some who just choose that path.  Ideally it's better to rely on Buddha, dharma and sangha.  But if they only rely on DS alone, DS will lead them skillyfully on the correct path in this life or future lives.  DS has more wisdom than us in one of his hair pores so better leave him to do the important work.

I think placing leaflets in places is ok as long people are skillful, subtle and as long as you don't get in anyone's face. I think because of the skillful brochure design, people will naturally be and want to know what it is about.  DS in conveyed like a super hero on the brochure. lol  People love all that superman, spiderman shit! They will naturally want to check him out and see if he's for real! Maybe conveying DS as a superhero is a good idea, He's my super hero so why can't he be someone else's? So how about a DS comic book? (JOKE!) But then again you never know with these editors what's comin next, lol :)

sweet monkeys

LR

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
His brother wasn't a buddhist and not interested in Buddhism, they also live in seperate countries and don't have much contact. How do know he had great faith in Tharchin? You are only guessing!   Tharchin was extremely surprised when he took his advice.  It all depends on one's individual karma. When i realised that Tharchin's brother was relying on DS alone and nothing else i found that surprising.  Tharchin thought it was just great! So maybe just relying on DS alone is ok and will bring great benefits to some who just choose that path.  Ideally it's better to rely on Buddha, dharma and sangha.  But if they only rely on DS alone, DS will lead them skillyfully on the correct path in this life or future lives.  DS has more wisdom than us in one of his hair pores so better leave him to do the important work.

I think placing leaflets in places is ok as long people are skillful, subtle and as long as you don't get in anyone's face. I think because of the skillful brochure design, people will naturally be and want to know what it is about.  DS in conveyed like a super hero on the brochure. lol  People love all that superman, spiderman shit! They will naturally want to check him out and see if he's for real! Maybe conveying DS as a superhero is a good idea, He's my super hero so why can't he be someone else's? So how about a DS comic book? (JOKE!) But then again you never know with these editors what's comin next, lol :)

sweet monkeys

LR

I love it, LR :) DS is my superhero too! A DS comic book? It wouldn't surprise me if dorjeshugden.com was working on one already - the guys (and/or girls) behind it are so creative and innovative.

Admin, if there is and if i can help in any way, let me know..

Thanks again for sharing, LR :)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #254 on: July 17, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »
So how about a DS comic book? (JOKE!) But then again you never know with these editors what's comin next, lol :)
LR

FANTASTIC IDEA! Graphic art is really the way forward - I have friends who are mad about this and have huge stacks and collections. There is a whole other world out there of people who are intimately familiar with graphic arts and are drawn to anything related to this genre. Another great way to reach out to a whole new crowd (and kids of course, who would relate far better to graphics than reading, especially in this day and age!).

What next, computer games? Wii? Playstations? Let our imagination go wild - bring the dharma to others in whatever way will suit them best (for now).