Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230066 times)

pgdharma

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
It is pretty interesting to see how some people are against this little Dorje Shudgen brochure. I noticed something common about them.  They are quite old fashioned and not open minded. If buddha has 84000 teachings to suit the different levels of minds of people, then what harm can this brochure do?

For a parachute to work, it must be opened, therefore we must always come with an open mind to reap the potential benefits. I thought buddhists are more open minded. We should rejoice tremendously from our heart that someone like TK and others are distributing and promoting this brochure to reach out to the masses and bring awareness of Dorje Shudgen. This web site is about promoting the practice of Dorje Shugden. I really don't see any point of bashing others' effort unless one come up with a better idea. And even when one would come up with a better idea, we should always be thankful to the pioneers whom, I may say, jump started this campaign.

Don't worry about the images of D.S. being thrown onto the floors, or left in garbage bins, I don't think DS minds at all. Like many have said and I agree no more, if one people picks up this brochurs and his/het life saved becasue of doing the DS practice, even though the person might not be a good practitioner later on, but the "Imprint" has been planted. Even a small inpact like this, is already wonderful.

Triesa

I totally agree with you, triesa, so many of  them not in agreement yet they are not doing anything or coming out with fresh ideas and suggestions. To be able to benefit a few people by distributing the brochures is better than not doing anything at all. This is a start of a rippling effect as you can see that more people are now in the forum expressing their wish to distribute more.

May we be the ones to help others out there to create the karmic affinity with DS!!!

pgdharma

dsnowlion

« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
It is pretty interesting to see how some people are against this little Dorje Shudgen brochure. I noticed something common about them.  They are quite old fashioned and not open minded. If buddha has 84000 teachings to suit the different levels of minds of people, then what harm can this brochure do?

For a parachute to work, it must be opened, therefore we must always come with an open mind to reap the potential benefits. I thought buddhists are more open minded. We should rejoice tremendously from our heart that someone like TK and others are distributing and promoting this brochure to reach out to the masses and bring awareness of Dorje Shudgen. This web site is about promoting the practice of Dorje Shugden. I really don't see any point of bashing others' effort unless one come up with a better idea. And even when one would come up with a better idea, we should always be thankful to the pioneers whom, I may say, jump started this campaign.

Don't worry about the images of D.S. being thrown onto the floors, or left in garbage bins, I don't think DS minds at all. Like many have said and I agree no more, if one people picks up this brochurs and his/het life saved becasue of doing the DS practice, even though the person might not be a good practitioner later on, but the "Imprint" has been planted. Even a small inpact like this, is already wonderful.

Triesa

I totally agree with you, triesa, so many of  them not in agreement yet they are not doing anything or coming out with fresh ideas and suggestions. To be able to benefit a few people by distributing the brochures is better than not doing anything at all. This is a start of a rippling effect as you can see that more people are now in the forum expressing their wish to distribute more.

May we be the ones to help others out there to create the karmic affinity with DS!!!

pgdharma

AGREE AGREE AGREE!!!

I've asked my Lama and there was no objection to the distribution of these brochure especially when it is based on a good motivation - spreading DS & planting the Dharma seed in them. Even if in this life time they don't practice DS, but the seed is already planted in them so in future when Maitreya comes, their imprinted Dharma seed shall open up.

Lord Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, and yes like what Triesa said, He a Buddha would never harm. Yes it is the person's negative karma no to be able to accept the brochure and perhaps throw it away can collect some negative Karma, but it was not done intentionally but rather out of ignorance. Hence the karma is not full/complete plus the benefit and positive karma one gains if he/she embraces DS and starts to practice is more and this could neutralize all the so called negative karma from those who throw it out. Basically those who throw it out already have negative karma whether they throw out the brochure or not, we're not really adding anything new to their already existing negative karma but rather giving them an opportunity to trigger their positive karma to open.

However, so far, I have distributed about 100 copies and from what i observed, people actually pick it up and keep it. If they do not want it, they will leave it nicely where they saw it. Perhaps in my country ppl are more respectful towards deities. It also helps when you target the right places to put them in like on cars/houses that are obviously Buddhist people :) or at hospitals where people are in desperate need of their prayers answered.

xdsnowlion

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:06 AM »
I did a very bad thing today.......

I forgot my mother's birthday and got to know it in the last hour of the day when she's already fast asleep.

to make up for it, I had 100 brochures distributed with recitation of mantras and hopes that people who get the brochures may benefit.

I had the merits dedicated to mum.

Mum's birthday present this year is special:) she gets DS dedicated to her!

U guys can do the same for your loved ones as well!
cheers,
H1N1

Wow!!! That is beautiful!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Many people will get Dorje Shugden through the brochures you passed out and the merits go to your beloved mom!!!

I'm impressed. I rejoice. It is so necessary to repay the kindness of our mothers.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »

I will have to start printing the next batch of 10,000. I have already printed 20,000. But that is running out.

I love these brochures and I want to get them everywhere. I want to counter TGIE in this way to get the brochures everywhere. They have distributed their negative write up pamphlets everywhere. They have so much money to spend on destroying Dorje Shugden, but yet they still beg money for their 'refugee' tibetan govt in exile. How illogical.

TGIE has done so much harm to our lamas, lineage and practice. They have even villainized so many great lamas. Something has to be done, but in accordance with not harming principles of dharma. So much negative karma.

Once Dalai lama passes (sorry), they will disband like lights being turned on in a dark alley filled with congregated criminals. Unfortunately, they have to take their horrible negative karma and the results wherever they scatter to. Dalai Lama will not be there to protect them. But Dorje Shugden will be around for a very long time.

TK

TK

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »

I forgot my mother's birthday and got to know it in the last hour of the day when she's already fast asleep.

to make up for it, I had 100 brochures distributed with recitation of mantras and hopes that people who get the brochures may benefit.

cheers,
H1N1

Happy belated birthday to your mom, Harry! Well, even though you forgot, i think you made up for it with the supreme dedication of merits to Dorje Shugden. A phonecall or a gift would have made her happy for a day, a week or a month, but Dorje Shugden's blessings will last lifetime after lifetime after lifetime...

I think we should all dedicate merits from our Dorje Shugden practice to our loved ones on special days and everyday..

Love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »

Will be delivering much more brochures tomorrow all day!

I heard today that a family found the picture of Dorje Shugden from the Brochure and laminated to keep with them. Wow.

Another family adopts Dorje Shugden because of these brochures.

TK

jingang

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »
Hello,

I find this brochure idea good and I feel quite sad some people here not only do not agree, but put down others effort in promoting Dharma.

I was reading about Bodhisattva Vows and this brochure issue hits my mind: Twelve Faulty Actions That Contradict Working to Benefit Others- Not teaching the reckless in accordance with their character

Reckless (bag-med) persons refer to those who do not care about the laws of behavioral cause and effect and, consequently, whose behavior will bring them unhappiness and problems in this and future lives. We cannot help such people if we are self-righteously indignant and disapproving. To reach them, we need to be skillful and modify our approach to suit their specific situations.

For example, for those who are not interested to join Buddhism to become a Buddha (I think not many people here join Buddhism to be a Buddha?), we do not tell them about Bodhicitta and wisdom methods or tell them to study in monastery many years and leave their wife and kids for ‘renunciation’. The person will probably never have anything to do with us again. Rather, we let them in through this kind of ‘service’ the protector can help them with and later they will have confidence in Buddhism. I know of Christian friends who became Christian because in difficult times, God help them or answered their prayers.

Also, I find it sad when people are being petty when it comes to benefitting others, only think about themselves, that’s why there are many excuses they bring up to not distribute the brochure.  I read here that the reason they want to do this is to promote Shugden and help others. Why no support?  In Chinese we have a saying, a small sparrow will not know of the will of the swan. If you think small, you will not know how people think big.

Buddha gave many rules for people to train their behavior, for instance we will have to respect all images of
Buddhas as Buddhas . But if the needs of others overrides the necessity to follow this, why not we sacrifice and keep the negative for us for not respecting the Buddha image, because it benefits the other person-somebody might be saved from a car accident.

I read in An Offering Ceremony to the Spiritual Masters, (Bla-ma mchod-pa, The Guru Puja) by The First Panchen Lama (Pan-chen Blo-bzang chos-kyi rgyal-mtshan) , translated by Alexander Berzin

(104) Inspire us to perfect far-reaching joyful perseverance
That even if, for the sake of each limited being, we must remain
For an ocean of eons in the fires of an Uninterrupted Hell,
With compassion, we remain undiscouraged,
And strive ever onward for supreme enlightenment.

So that means we just don’t promote Shugden brochure because we are scared that we disrespect Buddha image? Then you can forget about Bodhicitta. Even Sakyamuni knew in advance that an assassin would kill a large number of people. Out of compassion, Sakyamuni killed this person in order to prevent the deaths of many more.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:33:36 PM by jingang »

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »
Hello,

I find this brochure idea good and I feel quite sad some people here not only do not agree, but put down others effort in promoting Dharma.

I was reading about Bodhisattva Vows and this brochure issue hits my mind: Twelve Faulty Actions That Contradict Working to Benefit Others- Not teaching the reckless in accordance with their character

Reckless (bag-med) persons refer to those who do not care about the laws of behavioral cause and effect and, consequently, whose behavior will bring them unhappiness and problems in this and future lives. We cannot help such people if we are self-righteously indignant and disapproving. To reach them, we need to be skillful and modify our approach to suit their specific situations.

For example, for those who are not interested to join Buddhism to become a Buddha (I think not many people here join Buddhism to be a Buddha?), we do not tell them about Bodhicitta and wisdom methods or tell them to study in monastery many years and leave their wife and kids for ‘renunciation’. The person will probably never have anything to do with us again. Rather, we let them in through this kind of ‘service’ the protector can help them with and later they will have confidence in Buddhism. I know of Christian friends who became Christian because in difficult times, God help them or answered their prayers.

Also, I find it sad when people are being petty when it comes to benefitting others, only think about themselves, that’s why there are many excuses they bring up to not distribute the brochure.  I read here that the reason they want to do this is to promote Shugden and help others. Why no support?  In Chinese we have a saying, a small sparrow will not know of the will of the swan. If you think small, you will not know how people think big.

Buddha gave many rules for people to train their behavior, for instance we will have to respect all images of
Buddhas as Buddhas . But if the needs of others overrides the necessity to follow this, why not we sacrifice and keep the negative for us for not respecting the Buddha image, because it benefits the other person-somebody might be saved from a car accident.

I read in An Offering Ceremony to the Spiritual Masters, (Bla-ma mchod-pa, The Guru Puja) by The First Panchen Lama (Pan-chen Blo-bzang chos-kyi rgyal-mtshan) , translated by Alexander Berzin

(104) Inspire us to perfect far-reaching joyful perseverance
That even if, for the sake of each limited being, we must remain
For an ocean of eons in the fires of an Uninterrupted Hell,
With compassion, we remain undiscouraged,
And strive ever onward for supreme enlightenment.

So that means we just don’t promote Shugden brochure because we are scared that we disrespect Buddha image? Then you can forget about Bodhicitta. Even Sakyamuni knew in advance that an assassin would kill a large number of people. Out of compassion, Sakyamuni killed this person in order to prevent the deaths of many more.

I agree with your points. I am just a small sparrow trying to deliver the message of the swan.

Chinese have so much wisdom accummulated over thousands of years of rich, vibrant, philosophical, and deep culture.

TK

triesa

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

cheers,
H1N1

Wow, I think this is the most beautiful gift you can give to your mother. The merits dedicated to her from the benefits that these 100 brochures may bring to others is just unimaginable.

What a great idea, what great gift!!!!

Happy belated birthday to your mum, Harry.

Triesa

DoubleDorje

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
????????????????????,???????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????….

a friend

« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:14 AM »

Double Dorje,

Welcome, first.
Secondly, I gather that you are speechless ... Could you please make an effort at verbal communication?  :)  because we would like to find out what you are trying to say.

wang

« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2010, 09:32:25 AM »
He might have typed in Chinese.  I notice that this site don't support display of Chinese font.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »

Was Travelling again and distributed around 50 ds brochures at various airports and on the airplanes themselves.

In total in the last three days, have distributed with friends over 400 dorje shugden brochures.

Observed one place in a shopping mall where we placed it on a vendor's counter, the owner looked at the brochure, took out the pictures and kept it!!!! Fantastic!!!
TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:50 AM »

I just got update that 50 more were distributed late last night.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »

My friend informed me that she passed out 80 dorje shugden brochures last night and HAD A GREAT TIME DOING IT. She said she felt very excited to do this.

So much devotion.

TK