Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230021 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: DS 'brochure'
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »
Free postcards are more popular than brochures, especially around university union bars and the hip and happening hangouts around London. Imagine a series of funky, grungey Dorje Shugden postcard designs that were uber-cool! People would probably collect them, even write to their friends with them!  8)

Free postcards are an excellent idea Dulz... and yes, they're v popular around London.. a lot of people collect them too.. ooo... i'm gonna go and check it out.... exciting!!!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:33 AM »
Free postcards are more popular than brochures, especially around university union bars and the hip and happening hangouts around London. Imagine a series of funky, grungey Dorje Shugden postcard designs that were uber-cool! People would probably collect them, even write to their friends with them!  8)

Free postcards are an excellent idea Dulz... and yes, they're v popular around London.. a lot of people collect them too.. ooo... i'm gonna go and check it out.... exciting!!!

Why not?? Many Buddhist organizations have various Buddha/Buddhist images available on postcards for sales all over the world.

TK

triesa

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
Wow! I think the brochure is a great idea! It's a skillful way of creating awareness and planting seeds of Dorje Shugden in people's mindstream. Creating the karmic affinity for the masses! Wonderful!

I am new here at this forum. I just want to express my deepest appreciation to the webmaster and the admin people behind the scene for downloading the little red DS Pamphlet. I have started the prayers and mantra 3 days ago, and I'd like to say I have a good feeling of being watched and cared for. Like I am walking with my body guard along. There is also so much to learn at this website, without the brochure, i wouldn't be able to learn so much about Dorje Shudgen. It took me a while to read all the comments, but I jsut want to say that the red pamphlet did lead me to get to know this sacred protector practice and I just feel so lucky and blessed.

A big THANK YOU to those who have connected me here.

Triesa

thor

« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »

Hahaha I'd love for my postie to pick up a DS card...with the sour look on his face, he needs a bit of DS lovin'!

But then wouldn't the TGIE be able to track where the cards go to, and identify DS supporters? ;)

Hey, its just a free postcard, i picked it up down at my local. So sue me!!!

dsnowlion

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

Why not?? Many Buddhist organizations have various Buddha/Buddhist images available on postcards for sales all over the world.

TK

Let's do it, Do IT, DO IT!!! One image we got to have on the postcard is definitely DS & Setrap Mandala and circulating the world.

If only we could be out in the open I would create a Dorje Shugden T-Shirts.

Dsnowlion

DharmaDefender

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »

Hahaha I'd love for my postie to pick up a DS card...with the sour look on his face, he needs a bit of DS lovin'!

But then wouldn't the TGIE be able to track where the cards go to, and identify DS supporters? ;)

Hey, its just a free postcard, i picked it up down at my local. So sue me!!!

Hahaha imagine having Dorje Shugden postcards in every Costcutter and SPAR and Tesco, with proper distribution channels...ah well, one can dream...but for now, one shall be a foot soldier and distribute manually!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2010, 06:57:06 PM »
Hey, if anyone is going to translate the brochures, perhaps including the links that honeydakini posted in this thread (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=756.0) might be useful since we don't have the German, Spanish and Dutch translations of dorjeshugden.com

happyxiao73

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »
Can you believe? I heard someone says DS is demon, ayui this is really make me feel sorry to the person.

This DS brochure is quite popular now, even my friend went to book fair also can find this very beautiful red DS brochure. Do you believe it? So think about it, is this DS make your life difficult, make your lost spouse, face finance crisis, bad relationship....so forth???? If, not we cannot says DS is demon or evil. Because of may be we were lost a chance closer with A BUDDHA!!!

Please think, before you make criticism. :D 

godi

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »

please come up with another one that would suit your countries. Then why can't we have many types of brochures to download. Spend time on creating a new brochure to add to the current one instead of just words please. And submit your brochure to the webmaster.  Do something that you think would appeal in Western Countries. Perhaps another enthusiastic person would print out and distribute. 

Hi TK,
there are already many very very nice brochures around the world in many languages. Please have a look to the dharma center flyers  :D I think these flyers are another very smart way to allow local people to meet the wholy Dharma of Je Tsongkhapa protected by Dorje Shugden

Regards
Guido
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:26:14 PM by godi »

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

please come up with another one that would suit your countries. Then why can't we have many types of brochures to download. Spend time on creating a new brochure to add to the current one instead of just words please. And submit your brochure to the webmaster.  Do something that you think would appeal in Western Countries. Perhaps another enthusiastic person would print out and distribute. 

Hi TK,
there are already many very very nice brochures around the world in many languages. Please have a look to the dharma center flyers  :D I think these flyers are another very smart way to allow local people to meet the wholy Dharma of Je Tsongkhapa protected by Dorje Shugden

Regards
Guido

I would like to share my opinion. Dorje Shugden flyers that stands on its own has its advantages - that it purely promotes the deity without any strings attached to Dharma centres/Lamas and the baggages that come with it and hence less bias. Also, people might be turned off by the brochure if the Dharma centre doesn't appeal to them.

I am sorry, but due to the many reasons - be it political, bad press about certain centres or lamas, some people prefer to not connect with certain Dharma centres or teachers. You might be surprised that I've heard people who refuse to associate with a centre because they don't like the people in the centre, or they think the lama practice demons, or the Dharma centre is too commercial and wants to make money instead of promoting Dharma etc. 

With this brochure, they are drawn to this website, which I think is quite neutral and promotes Dorje Shugden mainly instead of a specific lama/centre. That I think is a good entry point for them to explore and have a personal relationship with Dorje Shugden.

Also bear in mind that these brochures will hit a new market of people who perhaps are not interested or reluctant to visit a Dharma centre due to their ideas of what a Dharma centre/Buddhism is.

godi

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
Hi VajraProtector,
very interesting thoughts.

Many thanks
Godi

theloneranger

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »
hello folks

been away a while, seems to be alot of new members and alot of interesting posts. Maybe i will start blogging again. DS brochures, eh? Either a temporary state of madness has befallen on the admin or the admin has had a brainwave. Not exactly sure what side of the camp i'm on and where i'm gonna pitch my tent on this one.  I have to say the brochure brought a cheeky smile to my face.  Whats next admin, DS fortune cookies?

a friend

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2010, 03:06:31 AM »

Ranger! I don't believe this! You're back!
It's a pity but you will notice that we are very few of the old bunch. Such are things ... impermanent.
Are you going to stay a while?
It sure feels good to have you back.

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »
Whats next admin, DS fortune cookies?

Great idea!

Instead of fortune slips, some mantra slips, or verses.

:D

DSFriend

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2010, 07:00:12 AM »
hello folks

been away a while, seems to be alot of new members and alot of interesting posts. Maybe i will start blogging again. DS brochures, eh? Either a temporary state of madness has befallen on the admin or the admin has had a brainwave. Not exactly sure what side of the camp i'm on and where i'm gonna pitch my tent on this one.  I have to say the brochure brought a cheeky smile to my face.  Whats next admin, DS fortune cookies?

Hello Theloneranger. Welcome back. I sure am looking forward to the next surprise from the Admin. There has been differences in reaction from various forum members. Well, the obvious has been that the brochure initiative is bringing in quite a number of new people also....and I am certainly rejoicing over here!

cheers
DSFriend