Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230068 times)

Zhalmed Pawo

Re: DS 'brochure'
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
As for Thangtong Gyalpo, I like his Avalokiteshvara sadhana a lot. It is wonderfully short, although a certain Gelukpa Lama added a few verses to it. :D

I think "shared" is a more accurate term than "common".  It means that the part of the path that is shared with the Hinayana, but that part of the path is traversed with a Mahayana motivation. 

Usually yes, but here perhaps no. All the lower stages are "shared" of course when seen from the upper level, but here there seems to be an added meaning of "worldly" as opposed to "religious". The quote from JT is clear. One person sees spiritual practice as a method for worldly benefit that can be enjoyed in this life, the another as a method for religious benefit that can be enjoyed after death. Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche coined the witty term "spiritual materialism" for the first case, and Janis Joplin described this attitude by singing "oh Lord, wontcha gimme, a Mercedes Benz". In my ears that attitude does not sound shared, but common, very common.

But anyway, this is not a big deal, as I guess all of us Lamrimpas share the same understanding eventhough our preferred vocabulary might not be common to us all. ;D

wspusa

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »
What a bright and striking red brochure! Brilliant and skilful way to plant seeds of enlightenment in people’s minds!   There is a high chance of people picking up the brochure and taking a look inside.  The world now is full of problems.  Desperate people want instant solution.  When they see the benefits listed in the brochure, it is very likely that they will explore further how it could benefit them.  When that happens, the brochure has served its intended purpose.   We help create the conditions for the masses out there to connect with Lord DS through the brochures.   

A very convenient and easy way to introduce Lord DS through this brochure for someone who is interested. Then more detailed and extensive information about Lord DS can be provided through this excellent website.

EXCELLENT JOB DONE for those who came up with the idea of this brochure.  May Lord Dorje Shugden’s teachings spread far and wide!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Anna Liew says:
June 5, 2010 at 5:33 am
It’s a pleasant surprise to have received a little red brochure in my luxury watch catalogue. I thought I came here to find out more information.

I have been reading your website for almost a week now and find it very clear and non-bias when it comes to explaining the controversy.

I am very interested in Buddhism and have read much about the protests around the world and was confused. Thank you for having this website up for people like me to get an idea on what is really happening in the Tibetan Buddhism circle.

I look forward to read more updates and will join the forum soon.

Warm regards,
Anna Liew
(Singapore)

=======================================================================

Curiozz says:
June 3, 2010 at 2:41 am
I have been downloading the card and brochure to distribute and share with friends and family. In fact it is a great idea to do so to benefit others who may not know of Dorje Shugden.

Thank you so much!

======================================================================

Jasmine says:
June 3, 2010 at 4:55 am
Omg!! Finally there r brochure that good for ppl who know n who that want to know abt lord shugden!!
It’s nice to hv it n introduce it to ppl who we love.
Such a good idea n good work..

Curiozz says:
June 5, 2010 at 4:51 am
Haha…distribution of ds brochures WORKS!!! Bumped into a friend of mine just two days ago, showed me this similar brochure!

Wanna to print more and paint the city RED! Thank you DS team.

YYK says:
June 5, 2010 at 5:22 am
Yes, i like the brochure very much!!!can read in Chinese and English, i love it:)

Belinda Tan says:
June 6, 2010 at 6:45 am
I just found this lovely brochures inside my mailbox, guest what??!!! I have already been doing DS practice for the last 10 years together with my family. Thank you DS for always watching me and my families, grant protections and bestow blessings.

with Love,
Belinda

Triesa says:
June 6, 2010 at 8:42 am
I am glad to see so many Dorje Shudgen fans like this little brochure. Since I have been doing his mantra and prayers, I always feel that I am protected and cared for.It is a great feeling….peace and harmony…..it almost like I am having a “body guard”. I will continue his mantra and prayers daily.

copied the above from:http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=3556

TK

« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:52:28 PM by tk »

honeydakini

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
I've been thinking about this brochure thing a lot over the last few days and i think what would help is really to think of it in terms of an entry point and method. With brochures, you'll always win and lose some. No matter how junk-maily they are, why do people still use them throughout the world for all kinds of things? There must be some benefit at some level.

I think people generally don't take any brochure too seriously but it serves as a valuable entry point for people to go find out more, try the trial product, claim their free trial gift, visit that shop or click onto the website. Especially in the case of spirituality - if you could help even one person by this, it would be worth it. If people don't like it, as Wisdom Being and TK have already pointed out, it is also okay as different things appeal to different people at varying levels.

There are MANY other methods out there that we also do not like / are put off by or even outright disagree with - but they are still bringing many thousands of people into Dharma and practice. For example, the rather conservative approaches of some forms of Hinayana buddhism (such as in Thailand for example) have never appealed to me. I used to think them far too removed to have any relevance to my life and that Buddhism was not very palatable or applicable. I have also met some Buddhists of other traditions who just can't connect to Tibetan Buddhist practice and even find it unappealing - they aren't rude or disrespectful about it but it just doesn't appeal to them in same way. The brochure will appeal / not appeal to people in the same way but this does not mean it cannot be effective.

Different strokes for different folks eh?

And I totally agree with TK about creating new brochures. I've certainly be excited to see them and to learn what would work for people around the world. Perhaps provide different languages as well.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »

And I totally agree with TK about creating new brochures. I've certainly be excited to see them and to learn what would work for people around the world. Perhaps provide different languages as well.

Dear forum ppl,

Please come up with a another few design for the brochures. Let's have variety. Submit to Webmaster. Do something more to promote Dorje Shugden. Many people deserver Him. It is our responsibility to get Him to them.

TK

DharmaDefender

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2010, 08:03:15 PM »
I think people generally don't take any brochure too seriously but it serves as a valuable entry point for people to go find out more, try the trial product, claim their free trial gift, visit that shop or click onto the website. Especially in the case of spirituality - if you could help even one person by this, it would be worth it. If people don't like it, as Wisdom Being and TK have already pointed out, it is also okay as different things appeal to different people at varying levels.

You're right in saying it's a valuable entry point. A friend and I have just come back from dropping off brochures in an area full of students, where we were watched by some of the people. After we'd left, we turned around to see what happened - a guy picked up one of the brochures, took a look at it, and put it in his pocket.

Once you start doing it, you realise just how many places and opportunities there are for people's lives to be touched by Dorje Shugden. Everywhere and anywhere becomes an opportunity for you to introduce Dorje Shugden's holy image and mantra to them.

Perhaps new brochure designs could incorporate images from this site, they really are quite beautiful: http://www.duldzin.com/

thor

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »
Free postcards are more popular than brochures, especially around university union bars and the hip and happening hangouts around London. Imagine a series of funky, grungey Dorje Shugden postcard designs that were uber-cool! People would probably collect them, even write to their friends with them!  8)

DharmaDefender

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »
Free postcards are more popular than brochures, especially around university union bars and the hip and happening hangouts around London. Imagine a series of funky, grungey Dorje Shugden postcard designs that were uber-cool! People would probably collect them, even write to their friends with them!  8)

Hahaha I'd love for my postie to pick up a DS card...with the sour look on his face, he needs a bit of DS lovin'!

But then wouldn't the TGIE be able to track where the cards go to, and identify DS supporters? ;)

dsnowlion

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
How exciting Dharma Defender that you are passing to students and that they took one and kept it!

REJOICE REJOICE!!!

If only we could film all this that's happening. It's a revolution.

These little red brochures are really painting the town red...

May lord Dorje Shugden help, students, the needy, greedy, unconventional and all beings of this desperate degenerate time.

:D

Zach

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
Funny since these have been passed out many people have been coming to this site...It must be working !  :)

icy

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2010, 02:40:58 AM »
I like the dropping off of Lord Shugden brochures to spread HIS lineage.  The Christains do this but it does not mean reducing Christ to a low class worldly being; it only bring awareness to his Presence and benefit alot of people.  Hence, it is the same with dropping of Lord Shugden brochures!  It is just a modern and unconventional way of spreading Lord Shugden teaching.  Sooo exciting!   :-*

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2010, 02:59:50 AM »
Ok no more replying about Alexis and the narrow view point of view. No point the guy just doesn't get it.

After 10 pages of posts so many people have seen the image of our Protector, throw or not, the seed has been planted. And also of the amount of brochures distributed daily, many people are keeping it, reading it and visiting this site.

Its been 3 days for me visiting this thread and TKs post showing replies from people who kept it, found it and who saw it, is testimony to the fact that the brochure is working for the purpose it was created.

Keep posting your arguments against haters! We will keep posting the many many locations around the world DS is infiltrating, touching peoples lives and making a difference.

Thanks to all who make an
effort to spread DS to the world
by all means, all ways, for all minds
He's a buddha
compassionate

Big Uncle

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:24 AM »
I am quite frankly surprised that so much debate and how narrow some members are and would even put down the good efforts of the others.

Yes, it may not be the most skillful way to propagate Dorje Shugden but hey! Look at the amount of new people joining us. What have these naysayers done? Distribute Heart Jewel they say...

Ok. Go ahead and distribute the books, just let us know. Everyone will rejoice and if you want to change the design and content, go ahead and make it applicable to your people and crowd. Do it and we will rejoice. 

honeydakini

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »

Wow this is a fantastic idea! Also bookmarks? This is something that might work better in some countries than brochures especially for groups of people who like artistic things. It doesn't need a lot of explanation - just a stunning image and a clear, bold link to the website. That would be a wonderful way to share DS's holy image with others without them even realising that they're receiving a blessing!

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
Exciting.

Another 600 Dorje Shugden brochures distributed in the last 5 days in various countries. Another 734 hits since my last post re hits. Now we are at 290,197 as registered on the home page.

May the Lineage of Tsongkapa as propounded by Je Pabongka spread,
During these Dark Times, when methods unheard of are implemented,
Using desire, greed, anger as a means to hook in those deluded,
In the end, the very sought after objects are purified by the Kingly Tantras,
For that to be accomplished, I invoke upon the World Peace Guardian Dorje Shugden,
May your mantra, blessings, visage, form, meaning pervade samsara, hence,
Leading delusionary beings such as myself to supreme golden Teachings of Sumati Kirti,
Bless me to use unconventional methods, yet not breaking the tenants of my vows,
To accomplish what seems like the impossible.
I spread Shugden's lineage through various means in order to bring many to the unmistaken Lineage,
As Propounded by Lama Dorje Chang Je Losang Yeshe and Vidyadhara Je Losang Tsondrue,
Hence I serve you, My Lord Dorje Shugden so Many will be blessed by the supreme teachings
of the King of Dharma in the Three Realms, Jamgon Lama the Unrivalled.

Composed by myself, as I rejoice Dorje Shugden is reaching many more. May this life and all my future lives work for Dorje Shugden who is no other than Manjushri the Gentle Dragon.

I am so happy many are and will be introduced to Dorje Shugden due to my meagre efforts. Once I bring them to Dorje Shugden, He will bring them to Tsongkapa in his many skilful enlightened methods. What greater reason to live and give up my laziness than for that.

TK