Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230043 times)

bambi

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #525 on: February 08, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
it is really fun! We got to download and print free brochures.... We've printed 8500 copies up to date and distributed around our town.  Seeing those people pick up and read was inspiring.... We will print 500 more to distribute soon...will keep on doing this as we feels many people will be benefited!!!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #526 on: February 08, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Last night me and my friends downloaded 400 brochures and distributed them in our residential area. It was real meaningful activity for us knowing more people will be blessed by dorje shugden. We will be doing more soon.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #527 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
Another 500 brochures being distributed by 4 of us around our town. It is so fulfilling to go around.

Manjushri

« Reply #528 on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
gave away 100 brochures in Australia..I printed the Zen looking one, because I thought it would appeal more to the culture over here. It is so nice to see when people pick up the brochures to read - it pays off for all the effort because you know that an imprint has been created. I placed the brochures everywhere - on seats, in phone booths, on bookshelves... hehe. 

triesa

« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
I still remember when this website first offered the brochure for download for distribution, people are quite skeptical about where to place the brochure, if it is respectful if people throw th brochure in the rubbish bin, on the floor, etc etc....

But all I can see is that many more are joining in line to do this and i strongly believe the results are clearer now. The readership of this website has grown, more new people are participating in the forum. More are coming to learn and share and get blessed by DS.

Last week, I was outstation for work in HK, and I printed 500 red brouchures (I think Asian like red) and talked my friend there to accompany me to walk the streets of HK for this sacred mission.

My friend was a bit skeptical in the beginning and started asking lots of questions, like who this protector was and was he that powerful. I was happy to see that she showed interests and I showed her the website after our midnight distribution.

We put in phone booths, chairs in the park, newsapaper stands, bank ATM machines, shops, fortune teller booths, convenient stores.....my friend was so excited as she had never done anything like this. I told her that when we had a good motivation behind the distribution, fear and embarrassment became non-existent.

We happily distributed 500 brouchures in HK!

Jessie Fong

« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
Ever since I started downloading the brochures, I have distributed to many places covering shops, residences, business offices.  My friends came along with me.  It was fun to say the least and so fulfilling to go home and realise that we had played part in creating imprints in so many people.  There were people who immediately put into their wallet and now that there are brochures available in other languages, I will print these and pass to my other friends.

dsdisciple

« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
 ;D Brochure Delivery Day! tommorow (another 100 to deliver)...can't wait lot's of fun to do my bit to increase awareness of the DS issue.

Qn: So if we we delivered 100K brochures would that count as a preliminary practice of creating a buddha image?

I think I recall it was posted on this thread awhile back? :D

xo

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2012, 11:36:11 PM »
Passed out over 200 brochures in one day! TK

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »
;D Brochure Delivery Day! tommorow (another 100 to deliver)...can't wait lot's of fun to do my bit to increase awareness of the DS issue.

Qn: So if we we delivered 100K brochures would that count as a preliminary practice of creating a buddha image?

I think I recall it was posted on this thread awhile back? :D

xo

If you sponsored the 100k brochures with pictures, I think it would complete one of the preliminary practices. Very good idea. TK

dsdisciple

« Reply #534 on: February 23, 2012, 05:34:18 AM »
Thank you TK for your reply!

I don' t know why I didn't connect the dots sooner ;) Sponsoring 100K brochures is a great idea :D benefit for the sponsor and persons delivering and of course the persons receiving the DS image.

A great idea all round...very nice! Maybe we should have a running count of the DS brochures delivered prominently on the main page / forum sections etc...

That would really make the CTA realise what we are doing is mobilising more and more efforts from ourside and also inspiration for DS practitioners and newbies logging on to see that you don't have to just keep low key and practice but can do many things...to collectively help create the causes for the BAN TO END.

Maybe even make a group target of 1million by a certain date or to that effect???We could even update CTA etc of milestones reached and countries we are in consistently...reaching people.

Just another thought...

xo

dsdisciple

« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »
Another 100 brochures in and around CBD... :D

xo

bambi

« Reply #536 on: March 04, 2012, 03:44:03 AM »
Yeah! The past month I have distributed 1500 brochures around the place I work. This is great! Will print more later...

brian

• Email
« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:42 AM »
I personally think this brochure is wonderful and it is skillful as supported by many of you in this thread. I love it, just as simple as that. I am new into Shugden and I felt I love the brochure at one look at the glance.

It caught my attention and I feel many new people who just like me (new to Dorje Shugden)  will be attracted by its "abnormal" way of promoting. I find this method skillful and I do not believe it will matter if one who decided to ignore the brochure or throw it away.

As long as there were imprints given onto the people who came across it will be good. I personally feel it will benefit them anyways! The idea here will most likely be getting them exposed to Dorje Shugden before the ban is lifted and when the day we can finally practice Dorje Shugden openly without fearing any discrimination comes, many will be saying " ah... This is the one I saw some where" and may they know more from this practice!

valeriecheung

« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »
last night distributed 500 brochures with 3 friends around my city.

Lawrence L

« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
OH MY BUDDHA!!! So excited to see everyone's update here! :D

I've downloaded the brochure and printed it out last week. Then i went off to distribute 125 pieces brochure in my residential area!!! Some of my neighbours love it and some of them think im a weirdo.  :P

Im ok with all that and i'll continue what im doing now! Spread DS and heal the world. Peace  8)