Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230027 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: DS brochure
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2010, 01:19:03 AM »

Thank you TK for all your efforts you are doing a very good job in distribution ! Many people will be benifited  :)

Zach,

How lovely to see someone rejoice for others! That's true Dharma.

Very refreshing.. thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

:)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2010, 02:34:17 AM »
I agree that DS.com really doesn't seem to stop improving itself.

@tk You passed out 3,110 pieces in one week?! Goodness!!! How did you manage that!

Last week, I passed out about 200....the week before that about 100...it's getting rather addictive!  ;D 

There are times where I'd just leave one brochure in a random area and I wait around the corner to watch who takes it. Even though it's in a really public area and the brochure is obvious..some people would walk right past it and not realize it at all!!! Do some not have the karma to see it?  :P

I like thinking that before distributing it, those people didn't have DS in their lives....but from my simple efforts (printing and distributing) DS will help the many hundreds whom I distribute to weekly :)

Zach

« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2010, 06:21:29 AM »

Thank you TK for all your efforts you are doing a very good job in distribution ! Many people will be benifited  :)

Zach,

How lovely to see someone rejoice for others! That's true Dharma.

Very refreshing.. thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

:)

Someone crushed your faith in humanity ?  :-\
Hmm well it is samsara after all glad i could be of service.  :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:59:58 AM by Zach W »

beggar

« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
Thanks Zach for your positive words!

This website team works hard to bring Dharma and the protector to others so our support goes a long way to helping them with their sacred mission. Please share your ideas too. What can be improved, or new ideas!

yours, beggar

Zach

« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »
Thanks Zach for your positive words!

This website team works hard to bring Dharma and the protector to others so our support goes a long way to helping them with their sacred mission. Please share your ideas too. What can be improved, or new ideas!

yours, beggar

It would be nice if someone could establish contact with Serpom Monastry as well i would be most pleased to see regular updates from there about their progress  ;D

WisdomBeing

« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »

It would be nice if someone could establish contact with Serpom Monastry as well i would be most pleased to see regular updates from there about their progress  ;D

Hi Zach,

I love hearing about these monasteries too. If you like, you can also read what is happening at Serpom from their website:
http://serpommonastery.org/

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »

Another 1,600 dorje shugden brochures distributed in various areas. I have started to use the new dorje shugden brochures made available on the homepage (thanks). But I like the original. Very striking. Many people pick it up and read.

tk

DSFriend

« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
Dear tk,

Wonderful!

I think that the new Dorje Shugden brochure will appeal to new-age, younger people (e.g. students), or perhaps even young professionals.

I, personally, do prefer the original design as well...it really stands out in a crowded area, and a lot of people are attracted to the colour red.

For the Chinese it's the colour of luck and prosperity, and for others...I think that curiosity really draws them to it. So striking!

I'm sure that a lot of people who read this thread will be very inspired with what you're doing. I've distributed another 200 brochures. A big shame to your 1,600...I will definitely push myself to do more in the next week!!

Thanks

DSfriend

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »

For the past week or so, another 1,000 over ds brochures were distributed.

Some place were placed on the windshield of parked cars. I watched while parked nearby. As the owners returned, they took the brochures and looked at them and drove away with them. Very good chance they will explore more on it later.

tk

thaimonk

« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »

I've passed out around 70 pieces. Will pass out more. I like the red original ones alot. They are quite striking. And stand out in a crowd. How do you all feel? Which brochure is your favorite?

Helena

• Email
« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »
Frankly, I think the red version truly stands out in a crowd of things. You can spot it from a mile.

In advertising, in order to validate the effectiveness of a certain design or logo, we usually throw it into a stack of things and see whether it stands out.

I have tried the same experiment with both the red and new design of the DS brochure. I must say, it is the red which stands out from a stack of things. The new brochure does not stand out in a crowd - so to speak. It blends into the whole stack because of its mild colours.

I think the new design would be more appealing if it is dropped into a personal mailbox, or a dentist lounge, doctor's clinic whereby all reading materials are all so outdated. Then it is very pleasant to see it. I guess, places like Yoga centers will also appreciate such designs. Because it is relevant to them.

Where as, in a mass public area - like train stations, the red brochure is definitely more eye catching. One can see it from afar.

I guess, if we have different brochure designs to serve different "markets" or "areas", then we will higher penetration of DS into every direction of the world.

Just my 2 cents.
Helena

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
red is the best, the color of "STOP", "danger" look here it's important. yes the new designs are good but like helena says  they have a different market to attract.

red stands out like the proverbial...

Where i come from when a concert or band comes to town we have poster drops where people in vans go around the city and plaster rows and rows of the same posters down the sides of walls and backs of bus shelters, usually bold and black n white. I can imagine tk's friends doing the same.

the van pulls up and they all jump out and ds infiltration begins.
covert ops

on ya
iloveds

Lineageholder

« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
I don't think there is a need to promote Dorje Shugden any more than there is a need to ban the practice.  What's important is the Ganden Oral Tradition of lamrim, lojong and Vajrayana Mahamudra.  It's the Dharma we need to spread, not a particular Deity practice otherwise others will come to regard us as Theists and believe that the only thing we do is worship Dorje Shugden.

I feel that, because there has been a ban on the practice of DS, there has been an exaggeration of the practice, both from the point of view of those who oppose the practice and those who practise it.  Dorje Shugden is simply our protector, not our main practice.  It's like if the DL had banned the practice of Tara, those who did not give up the practice would be regarded by 'Taraists'.  Would we then be going around giving out brochures promoting Tara?  Tara is simply another aspect of our holy Guru, along with Manjushri, Avalokiteshvara and so forth, such exaggeration is not necessary.

It's the Dharma that's important, not a particular Deity. Although Dorje Shugden is important from the point of view of being the Protector who can most easily help us in this degenerate time and being the protector of Je Tsongkhapa's tradition does his practice need to be promoted?  It's part of a package of Dharma -  what about the Dharma of Je Tsongkhapa?  It's the Dharma that's really going to help others.  Wouldn't it be better to advertise your centre's Dharma classes?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:34:14 AM by Lineageholder »

WisdomBeing

« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
I don't think there is a need to promote Dorje Shugden any more than there is a need to ban the practice.  What's important is the Ganden Oral Tradition of lamrim, lojong and Vajrayana Mahamudra.  It's the Dharma we need to spread, not a particular Deity practice otherwise others will come to regard us as Theists and believe that the only thing we do is worship Dorje Shugden.

I feel that, because there has been a ban on the practice of DS, there has been an exaggeration of the practice, both from the point of view of those who oppose the practice and those who practise it.  Dorje Shugden is simply our protector, not our main practice.  It's like if the DL had banned the practice of Tara, those who did not give up the practice would be regarded by 'Taraists'.  Would we then be going around giving out brochures promoting Tara?  Tara is simply another aspect of our holy Guru, along with Manjushri, Avalokiteshvara and so forth, such exaggeration is not necessary.

It's the Dharma that's important, not a particular Deity. Although Dorje Shugden is important from the point of view of being the Protector who can most easily help us in this degenerate time and being the protector of Je Tsongkhapa's tradition does his practice need to be promoted?  It's part of a package of Dharma -  what about the Dharma of Je Tsongkhapa?  It's the Dharma that's really doing to help others.  Wouldn't it be better to advertise your centre's Dharma classes?

I do think that Dharma is the core of our practice but as Dorje Shugden is a Dharma Protector who protects my spiritual development and clears obstacles from my Dharma path, I see him as very important within my practice.

I think that it is important to learn the Dharma, especially Lama Tsongkapa's tradition and teachings, but I understand that this site was intended to create awareness and to promote the benefits of Dorje Shugden practice, which it is doing through the brochures and encouraging support of Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries.

If people want to learn more about Tsongkhapa, there are many fantastic sites and books which share his teachings. This site is about Dorje Shugden and whether it is an exaggeration or not is subjective. I personally don't think so.

DSFriend

« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
I'm quite happy as I've gotten enough funds to print 2000 brochures and cards to distribute as well. I hope to be able to do more in the near future.