Author Topic: Nyan Cat - Tibetan Secret Superhero  (Read 17523 times)

Aurore

Nyan Cat - Tibetan Secret Superhero
« on: July 13, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »
I just saw this on Dorje Shugden's facebook fanpage and youtube page.
I thought it was a cool and cute idea to bring Dorje Shugden to the world.
This video is so addictive ... you just can't stop looking at it.
The original Nyan Cat has over 79 million views. It would be so wonderful if Dorje Shugden goes viral too.

However, these are my thoughts and feel. I wonder how would others react to it.
My feel is some people might find it disrespectful.
What do you guys think and feel?

Nyan Cat - Tibetan Secret Superhero Small | Large

Dorje Shugden, the Lord of the sky,
flies across the world in a blink of an eye.

Always protecting you wherever you are
you just have to call him and he'll come from afar

DharmaDefender

Re: Nyan Cat - Tibetan Secret Superhero
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
Hahaha I can see how some people might take it as disrespectful, but I think if we can make it go viral, no one will have done that for him... so in that sense genius, absolute genius. I think the tracks annoying but the girlfriend loves it so well done to whoevers came up with this idea (though its a bit late?) for making her interested... Can we land a few hundred million hits on this video???

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »
I couldn't agree more with you, aurore. This nyan cat video with Dorje Shugden in it is super addictive. I am not a fan of the track but I just can't get it out of my head either. Hmmm..This video is fine with me because there is no violence and does not contain any profanity. I would definitely share it with my friends. There is also a prose at the bottom of the video praising Dorje Shugden and his swiftness to aid anyone who is asking him for his assistance. I reckon this video is made by someone who believe in DS.

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
This animation is super cute. It just never cross my mind that Lord Dorje Shugden would be in this form. I like the creative idea of producing this video clip. I think this would be helpful to promote to younger generation group. We should also increase the view and like of this video clip. So, when people searching for Scan-cat, this video clip will be shown in the first ten links.

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
I do not think it is disrespectful. What is important is the motivation of making, posting and sharing this very cute video. This is a good way to spread the teaching of Dorje Shugden, as it will stir up the curiosity of the people and they will google and search for more information regarding his teachings and the lineage. Imagine how many people will see the holy image of the protector (although in this cute animation form) and have it planted in their mind stream to be able to receive his holy teaching and practice in the future. I will definitely share it. :)

Very good effort. :) 
DORJE PAKMO

Tammy

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 07:01:27 AM »
I think this Nyan Cat is cute and has a huge potential become a famous and popular cartoon character!
The creator should consider further fine tuned the resolution of character to give more details. Also create games using Nyan Cat as the main character, much like that of angry birds. After all, there are four more varieties that we could 'use' - one come in Garuda,  etc etc.

Proceeds of selling the games online can be used to maIntain sangha members, support the spread of Dorje Shugden practice....the potential is endless !
Down with the BAN!!!

Jessie Fong

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »
For three and a half minutes I see Him flying across the sky on his snow lion. If I close my eyes now, I still see Him flying across my laptop screen.

Cute way of promotion and it will definitely appeal to the young ones (and those not-so-young but young-at-hearts).

I don't think it is disrepectful; it is just bringing Him more up-to-date : like how addictive Doraemon and all other carton characters are.

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
Wow! You guys at Dorje Shugden is amazing. I would never would have thought of making such a creative way to share Dorje Shugden with the world. It is irreverent and it is sacrilegious to a certain extent but if it will bring millions to Dorje Shugden in the same amount of viewership the way the original Nyan cat did, why not?

These days, it is all about online marketing and it is the cheapest and easiest way to deliver the message of Dorje Shugden to the world. I guess, it is a 21st century method of the proliferation of Dorje Shugden and that it will nicely complement this amazing website and forum. I think that the people working on the proliferation of Dorje Shugden is incredibly dedicated and I really wonder where did they get so much energy and inspiration from? It's really amazing. I hope more Dorje Shugden practitioners realize this about you guys and acknowledge what you guys have done.

Positive Change

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
This is superb! Brilliant even! I can imagine this going viral. Kids and adults alike would love it. It is sooo catchy, hip and addictive. I can even envisage a "game" comng out soon too or this being one's ringtone too! I am thinking Super Mario Bros when they first came out!!!!

Certainly a very creative way to subconsciously plant imprints or recall for Dorje Shugden. As it would prompt people to look more into, making it some form of an iconic character which one can associate with positivity. Certainly a great departure from the negativity of the ban and the pressure.

One word: Genius!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
That is a very cool video indeed! And the trail is not rainbows but the Tibetan flag, showing that Dorje Shugden still loves the Tibetans despite the ban and whatever nasty things that they said about him which is not true. It also shows that the supporters of Dorje Shugden are not anti Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Government despite everything. Again, it does show that the CTA lies a lot in the name of propaganda.

I dont think so that the video is disrespectful. I think it is a very cute way and it was very carefully done. The snow lion still has  nyancat's face, but it is all good and cute as it shows that he is happy. The King is happy and soars above the skies and mountains and blessing all that is around. This goes well in line with the prophecy that Dorje Shugden can free Tibet and will be their protector.

With this video, many people will see and it will plant imprints in their mind. Those imprints will be able to help them get a clearer view in their spiritual practice and help them gain attainments and have a more fulfilling life, if the time is right, or just plant imprints that will be activated when the ban is lifted and they are able to do genuine study and practice of the Dharma.

It's only been 2 days and there's already 216 views! That is encouraging, and these 216 people would have been connected to the Dharma or Dorje Shugden because of the video. Thus, the creator of this video must be someone who is very wise and advanced in their spiritual practice to pay such attention to the details :)

Barzin

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:00:22 AM »
Cool video.  Whether young and old would love it.  It amazed me how the nyan cat can reached millions of viewers it is also because the fact that people shared it with friends and it just grew from that!  We can do the same for the King!  It is non religious and easy to accept and with the right motivation, i think these days anything is possible to bring dharma to others in this degenerate time.  After all, riding on the trend is the perfect way to market something.

I personally think this is the beginning for Dorje Shugden to reach out to many, a virtual superhero which he is!  It is in line with the comic that you guys produced and he could be just this super hero icon whether as a comic character or virtual super hero.  Can even explore producing a game for Dorje Shugden.  Once people are interested, they will then realise he is real and living among us.  How cool is that!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
Can we do a video game based on this superhero? Anyone out there has the resources or skills?

I mean we have to find interesting ways to spread Shugden. Even seeing his image if no one understand what it is will plant an imprint in them.

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »

However, these are my thoughts and feel. I wonder how would others react to it.
My feel is some people might find it disrespectful.
What do you guys think and feel? [/center]

Well I am sure there might be people who find this animation disrespectful. However, many more will appreciate it, knowingly or unknowingly.. seeds of enlightenment are planted into their mindstream.

As for myself, i'm ADDICTED to it. haha... it's hypnotic. Well, i don't see any harm being hypnotized by an enlighten deity :)

Brilliant work.

Always protecting you wherever you are
you just have to call him and he'll come from afar[/b][/size][/center]

Karla

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
This is ridiculous. What do you hope to achieve from something like this.
If this is the so called buddha that you so deeply respect then why would you degrade him like this? I guess this is why they call it degenerate times. That a Dharma practice is really just some stupid animation.
Like I said before, just because something is mass produced and mass liked with millions of followers, it doesn't mean it's good. It just means the level of our minds out there is getting more and more cheapened and degenerate and simplistic.
No practitioner would take this practice seriously if they saw this.

Benny

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
I think the little cartoon representation of Dorje Shugden riding a Snow Lion in the video is really cute ! Yes , i can forsee it turning into a game and hopefully a wholesome one not one that kills monsters and demons, lol !

No, i dont think it is disrespectful or cheap. On the other hand if it can be a way to spread the truth behind the Dorje
Shugden controversy then by all means ! Keep it up, i am sure many will benefit from your works. May this also contribute to the lifting of the ban.