Author Topic: Another young lama emerges - Lama Osel  (Read 14530 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Another young lama emerges - Lama Osel
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Yet another young Lama is teaching again... Lama Osel, the incarnation of Lama Yeshe, an ardent Dorje Shugden practitioner, is teaching on 9 February 2013 in a centre in Bangalore.

This period of time seems to be a conducive time for the young Lamas to be emerging... HH Trijang Rinpoche on his Europe tour (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3063.0), Rabgya Rinpoche (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/how-five-powerful-lamas-are-changing-the-world/) and now Lama Osel stepping forward to teach.

It is great that while HH Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel are both manifesting as lay people at the moment, they are still turning the wheel of Dharma.

We are living in exciting times!

https://www.facebook.com/events/152876254866268/
Saturday, 9 February 2013
16:00 in UTC+05:30

Ashwini, No. 24, 1st floor, 3rd Main St, Domlur Layout, Bangalore, India 560071

Dear all

We have yet another occasion to rejoice at Choe Khor Sum Ling!

From the time of Lama Yeshe's passing in 1984, Lama Zopa Rinpoche had been engaged in the search for his reincarnation. It was in May 1986 that Osel Hita Torres, who was then still a toddler, was identified and officially declared the reincarnation of Lama Yeshe.

Lama Tenzin Osel Rinpoche was born on February 12th 1985 in Bubion, Spain, to Maria Torres and Paco Hita.When he was born, Lama Osel was so serene and his face seemed full of light that his parents gave him the name Osel Hita Torres. Osel in Tibetan means 'Radiant Light'.

Lama Osel studied movie making and along with his co-director Matteo Passigato released a new film 'Being Your True Nature'. The 20-minute movie introduces viewers to Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom, Lama Yeshe’s vision for creating a happier and more peaceful world.

We are fortunate and we immensly rejoice that Lama Tenzin Osel Hita will be spending an evening with the students of Choe Khor Sum Ling this February.

This teaching is open for all to attend and we invite you to join us on the auspicious occasion. We will soon email you the topic of the teaching along with all other details. To register and for inquiries, please email us at [email protected].

BhavatuSarvaMangalam
Team CKSL
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Another young lama emerges - Lama Osel
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »
I'm glad tat Lama Osel is finally teaching again, but hmm...what? It's not an FPMT center? But but but the stuff in FPMT centers are always modern and kept nice and clean...why would Lama Osel chose a center that is not FPMT? Seems to me that he wants to teach everyone and anyone but the students of FPMT but he would support them in other forms.....hmmm...maybe because..could it be the broken samaya from all the FPMT students that has caused him to not teach in FPMT anymore, and for Lama Zopa's Maitriya project to be dragged to so long until it is now to a standstill? Maybe FPMT members should really reflect on why Lama Osel would rather teach in another center but just not their center. Time to wake up!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »
Darling Ensapa,

Choe Khor Sum Ling Centre IS a FPMT centre.

From their facebook:
Choe Khor Sum Ling Centre is a group meant for the study and practice of Mahayana Buddhism following the lineage and example of Lord Buddha.
The Centre was founded in 2003 by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the request of His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama. It is a study group of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (www.fpmt.org).
Courses on various aspects of the Buddhist philosophy and meditation techniques by highly accomplished teachers are offered here for free.

I am happy that Lama Osel is back at FPMT. I hope that this is the beginning of his assuming his rightful role as a successor to Lama Zopa.

honeydakini

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
Oh this is very good news!

I believe there were some concerns that he seemed to be going away from the Dharma and some discussion that perhaps the broken samayas of students was keeping Lama Yeshe's energy and presence away. This is related to discussions about how FPMT gave up their practice of Dorje Shugden, of course, since Lama Yeshe was such a strong DS practitioner.  There's an interesting article I just read on the website about this, called, (not surprisingly) The Broken Samayas of FPMT.

So it's wonderful to hear this news, that the young Lama Yeshe tulku is manifesting teaching again! Perhaps it wasn't a matter of samaya after all, but something like what has been happening with other young tulku like Trijang Rinpoche - they are just awaiting the right time to emerge!

I'm very curious to also know what other very special DS tulkus like Zong Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche will emerge and what they will create for the lineage!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Darling Ensapa,

Choe Khor Sum Ling Centre IS a FPMT centre.

From their facebook:
Choe Khor Sum Ling Centre is a group meant for the study and practice of Mahayana Buddhism following the lineage and example of Lord Buddha.
The Centre was founded in 2003 by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the request of His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama. It is a study group of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (www.fpmt.org).
Courses on various aspects of the Buddhist philosophy and meditation techniques by highly accomplished teachers are offered here for free.

I am happy that Lama Osel is back at FPMT. I hope that this is the beginning of his assuming his rightful role as a successor to Lama Zopa.

Ah okay, i guess i missed out the part where Lama Zopa's name is as usually FPMT centers would declare that they are FPMT centers in a very obvious way but this one does not for some reason. But in any case, it is good that Lama Osel is starting to teach again. Maybe he will teach in other less politically inclined centers and he will shine again just like his predecessor. Or perhaps he manifested as a layperson to gain more insight into the lives of ordinary people like us just so that he can formulate better teachings that will reach out to more people?

dslucky

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »
This is fantastic news! I remember reading about Lama Osel leaving the Monastery to pursue his passion in filmology some time back. So it is really good news to know that He is coming out to teach now, which is His true nature. Could this also signify that He would be advocating the practice of Dorje Shugden in the near future since Lama Yeshe (His past life) was a practitioner of Dorje Shugden till His last breath?

Also, I read in this forum recently that Lama Osel is taking a more active role now in FPMT. Excited indeed! More information in this thread entitled 'Lama Osel's letter to FPMT'..http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2815.msg37590#msg37590

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 05:08:08 AM »
I wonder if Lama Osel will openly practice Dorje Shugden. It is impossible for him to not practice because he has been practicing it for his entire life and the mind will always continue from the previous life so most probably one can easily deduce that he is still practicing it but he is keeping it quiet, much like how Lama Zopa is practicing. Or him starting to teach is also an indication that the Dalai Lama will lift the ban soon? This seemed to coincide with with The Dalai Lama's change of tone towards Dorje Shugden. Did anyone realize this?

brian

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 06:03:22 AM »
This is a very good news to know that young lamas like Lama Osel are out to teach now! I believe this is also his passion and that is why even though Lama Osel left the monastery to pursue filmology. I think perhaps Lama Osel would think perhaps this is the perfect time for him to come out and teach again. I think he will teach the practice of Dorje Shugden given that his previous life was a practitioner of Dorje Shugden. Wouldn't it be the case? I think many of the Lamas out there would be giving teachings of Dorje Shugden secretly to avoid attention. So i would think Lama Osel would be the same.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
This is a very good news to know that young lamas like Lama Osel are out to teach now! I believe this is also his passion and that is why even though Lama Osel left the monastery to pursue filmology. I think perhaps Lama Osel would think perhaps this is the perfect time for him to come out and teach again. I think he will teach the practice of Dorje Shugden given that his previous life was a practitioner of Dorje Shugden. Wouldn't it be the case? I think many of the Lamas out there would be giving teachings of Dorje Shugden secretly to avoid attention. So i would think Lama Osel would be the same.

That is what i am inclined to believe as well, that there are many Gelug Lamas out there who practice Dorje Shugden in secret, especially those who are not based in Dharamsala, mainly because i dont think so that high lamas would abandon their Dharma lineage so easily. If Lamas were to abandon the lineage that easily, I doubt that they can be successful in their Dharma works. After all, the tulku system was set up based on the idea that lineage is important and lineage blessings are important and vital for the realization of wisdom and tantra. Without that as a base, the tulku system would fall apart, as well as the mahamudra lineage. So on that basis, I dont think most lamas would give Dorje Shugden up that easily

WisdomBeing

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »
For anyone who would like to listen to the teaching by Lama Osel, you can download or listen online here. http://www.archive.org/download/http://archive.org/details/HowToUnderstandOurRealityFromTheUniversalPointOfViewByLamaOsel

Big Uncle

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
You guys, I am not sure if any of you have noticed the timing of these Lamas coming out (so to speak), Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Lama Osel. We somehow suspect that Lama Osel did not get involved with FPMT earlier because of broken samaya of the collective decision FPMT to stop Dorje Shugden practice. If that's true, I wonder if by him emerging from the woodworks right now also means that the ban on Dorje Shugden is going to be released soon. Well, I am hoping. I am glad that Lama Zopa used his illness a means to appeal to Lama Osel to return to his duties.

Here's a nice happy video of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Osel, Geshe Jangchub, Sangpo and Karuna with new friends at Kopan Monastery. August 2011 with some monkey soft toys. ;)

Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Osel, Geshe Jangchub, Sangpo and Karuna with new friends

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »
More and more great news! Current great Tulkus and emerging Tulkus are coming forth to teach dharma. More and more dharma centres being opened throughout the world. More and more people are looking at Buddhism as an antidote to their unhappiness, searching online for their answers. These searchers may not find what they are looking for in this forum but they certainly will under the General Buddhism category. Dharma should be about this and not about enforcing a ban on a practice that brings about spiritual progress.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
It's always nice to know that there are more and more tulkus emerging. First it's Trijang Rinpoche and now it is Lama Osel. I cant wait for Zong Rinpoche to emerge and for him to start teaching again. that will be amazing to him teach side by side with Trijang Rinpoche and finally, it would be amazing for Pabongkha Rinpoche to start teaching again in the west. I wonder if Lama Osel would visit any other FPMT centers around the world...especially those with the sign that Dorje Shugden practitioners are not welcomed. Hehehehehhe

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 04:19:26 AM »
This is great news to read of another young tulku coming out to turn the dharma wheel and carrying on with the works from their previous lifes. It is really no big surprise that Lama Osel have choose to pursue his interest in filmology since the centre that his previous life have started decided to abandon Dorje Shugden practice, the practice that his previous life have been so involved in. I hope that this is one of the clear good signs that the ban will be lifted soon and people everywhere can practice DS freely. And may the lineage and teachings of Lord Tsongkhapa will flourish and reach all corners of the universe.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 05:13:29 AM »
Did you know that Lama Osel has an Osel Ladrang too? I just found this out when i saw it on my fb:

Osel Hita
Liked · Wednesday

with Kunkyen, Tenzin Osel and Ven.Pemba at Osel Labrang Sera Jey

Photo by Ven.Roger Kunsang

Interesting how Lama Osel is a layperson but has a full fledged Ladrang in Sera Jey. Perhaps he is really a Lama in the clothes of a layperson so that he can reach out to more people?