Author Topic: What Gyalchen Dorje Shugden Wants  (Read 11333 times)

DSFriend

What Gyalchen Dorje Shugden Wants
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »
Ever wondered what you can give someone who has no needs, no grasping,...a Buddha?

Dorje Shugden wants us to
“soar the path of immortal liberation on unified wings of Sutra and Tantra.”

He wants to
“increase Lozang the Victorious One’s Teachings, and the life span and activities of the Teachings’ upholders.”

He wants to
“pacify all harm to us, the yogis and entourages, that arises because of previous karma and immediate conditions, and spontaneously accomplish, just as we wish, all good things, both spiritual and temporal.”

For those who recognize him
“as the supreme collected nature of all Gurus and Protective Deities”,

He wants to
“pour down a cool rain of the two siddhis.”
(quotes from His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s prayer, Melody of the Unceasing Vajra)

In short,
Dorje Shugden wants us to practice authentic Dharma and gain authentic attainments. He wants us to get onto a valid path and keep us from straying from it; from falling into the abysses of eternalism and nihilism and the unfortunate karma created by doing so.

Source : http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=130

Doesn't the text clearly shows what kind of a being Dorje Shugden is?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:40:55 PM by DSFriend »

kurava

• Email
Re: What Gyalchen Dorje Shugden Wants
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:30:17 AM »
Who else would give such unconditional love and care to us besides buddha?

Who do we call when we face obstacles to our practice?

Who do we invoke when we encounter evil forces due to our own doing?

Who do we pray to when we lack conducive conditions to practice?

BUDDHA = DORJE SHUGDEN

Helena

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:54:52 AM »
Well said, Kurava! And thank you, DS Friend for re-posting those valuable points.

And when we contemplate further and deeper - the qualities of DS is very much like the qualities of our own Guru.

Many a times, my Guru has explained that to be close to our Gurus and the Buddhas is not just about chanting prayers and doing pujas alone. But it is in our practice. And our practice is about what we do after prayers and pujas - everything that we do after meeting our Gurus or hearing his talks/teachings.

Everything that DS wants is exactly what our Guru wants.

And if we can work on that, day after day - we will definitely become closer to both our Guru and DS.

At the most basic level, DS destroys selfishness. Selfishness limits everything and imprisons us.

Where as, selflessness frees us from everything and everything is possible. Because there are no more boundaries.

With every obstacle that we overcome within, we are definitely a step closer to what our Guru prays for us, and what DS wants for us.
Helena

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »
This is crystal clear.
It cuts short any type of polemic.

Only a Buddha wants all beings to become Buddhas, and acts upon it:
-now, now, now
-from a qualified ground (that is the enlightened mind)
-un-conditionally,
-skilfully
-and with equanimity,
for that is what makes one a Buddha.

triesa

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
And on the note, as many have mentioned that Dorje Shugden is infact a buddha, he is also a highly attained lama (Previous incarnation was Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen) but manifested in a protector form. So it is extremely unique that DS can be propituated as a Lama, Yidam and protector, all three at the same time.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Dorje Shugden is a Buddha as mentioned in the praise by His Holiness the 5th and the 14th Dalai Lama:

Though unmoving from the sphere of primordial spontaneity ...
 (Prayer by the 5th Dalai Lama, http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=341)

Glory of the wisdom, compassion and power of infinite Buddhas
(Melody of the Unceasing Vajra, http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=346)

Dorje Shugden is enlightened because he's unmoving from Dharmakaya (primordial spontaneity), and embodies the glory of infinite Buddha's wisdom, compassion, and power. Only a Buddha would have those qualities that were just mentioned.

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »
As quoted by DSFriend: "Dorje Shugden wants us to practice authentic Dharma and gain authentic attainments. He wants us to get onto a valid path and keep us from straying from it; from falling into the abysses of eternalism and nihilism and the unfortunate karma created by doing so."

In return for our practice, Dorje Shugden works miracles.and the benefits are many. He helps to clear away our obstacles, he protects us from harm and dangers, he clears our obstacles and brings wealth, he heals our body, mind and spirit, he protects us from spirits and black magic. In fact, he protects us from worldly dangers, helps us develop our skillful means, wisdom and great compassion (Bodhicitta), and removes all our obstacles.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »
In return for our practice, Dorje Shugden works miracles.and the benefits are many. He helps to clear away our obstacles, he protects us from harm and dangers, he clears our obstacles and brings wealth, he heals our body, mind and spirit, he protects us from spirits and black magic. In fact, he protects us from worldly dangers, helps us develop our skillful means, wisdom and great compassion (Bodhicitta), and removes all our obstacles.

I love this post!

Whenever I am going through a particularly difficult time, I find that as soon as I start to pray to Dorje Shugden with a sincere heart all worry is lifted from me. This does not mean that I hand over all my problems for Dorje Shugden to handle. My problems are a manifestation of the karma that I created, therfore I must be the one who handles how the problems are resolved. What it means is that as soon as I start to pray with sincerity I always feel reasured that if I do what is right and I do what I need to do to get back on track, Dorje Shugden will make sure that obstacles are cleared and favorable conditions manifest. And from my experience it ALWAYS works like that when I keep Dorje Shugden close to my heart and mind.
Things ALWAYS work out for the best when I do what I need to do and leave the rest for Dorje Shugden. It may not always work out the way that I would have guessed but it always works out to where my situation improves and my peace of mind expands.

Dorje Shugden's mantra helps me keep him close when my mind may be a little loose. His mantra is something that reminds me of his presence and his power.

triesa

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »

Whenever I am going through a particularly difficult time, I find that as soon as I start to pray to Dorje Shugden with a sincere heart all worry is lifted from me. This does not mean that I hand over all my problems for Dorje Shugden to handle. My problems are a manifestation of the karma that I created, therfore I must be the one who handles how the problems are resolved. What it means is that as soon as I start to pray with sincerity I always feel reasured that if I do what is right and I do what I need to do to get back on track, Dorje Shugden will make sure that obstacles are cleared and favorable conditions manifest. And from my experience it ALWAYS works like that when I keep Dorje Shugden close to my heart and mind.
Things ALWAYS work out for the best when I do what I need to do and leave the rest for Dorje Shugden. It may not always work out the way that I would have guessed but it always works out to where my situation improves and my peace of mind expands.

Dorje Shugden's mantra helps me keep him close when my mind may be a little loose. His mantra is something that reminds me of his presence and his power.

Very well said Tenzin Sungrab. I agree with you that as long as we do not stray away from pur path and practice Dharma sincerely, Dorje Shugden will be there to watch over us day and night.

I share the same feeling with you that whenever I do DS mantra and his sadhana, I feel peace and at ease in my mind, I can let go easier and pick myself up where I have stumbled upon. With DS in my heart, I have learn to forgive, to let others win, and not to give up so easily.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing, TS.

I think the same applies for everyone in here in varying degrees.

It is precisely after going through "hellish nightmares" that we know how much this amazing Protector stands by us and watches over us. When we are down, and are pulling ourselves up, we can feel HIS helping hand. When we are pushing ourselves to try harder, we can feel HIS gentle force helping us move forward.

When we do not give up, HE will do his best to help us even more.

This is why I love the whole story of Dorje Shugden. His entire life story is aout HOPE, NEVER QUITTING and GREAT COMPASSION.

He would rather give up his own life to do what must be done.

He would always give the victory to others and take the lowest for himself.

He does not mind being ridiculed or dishonoured and even blamed for everything. He takes it all in because he can bear it all.

He does not stop caring even when others have stopped caring.

His Guru Devotion is of the highest degree and his vows are upheld without the slightest stain.

He will give you his heart if you devote yourself to TRANSFORM for real.

People can stab, burn and kill him and yet he will still return to help them all the same.

I am always inspired just reading his story over and over again. Or just remembering how HE CAME INTO BEING.

The Dorje Shugden story is the very path to Enlightenment in itself!

Helena

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
If Dorje Shugden wants those from his practitioners, what does it show? It shows that he is in reality an enlightened being that can also double up as a Yidam and a Guru. He was a lama once, after all, and has been known to confer teachings and initiations over trances to people who need them, or to preserve a certain teaching lineage. If he was an evil spirit like what many of his detractors claim to be, then how can this be?

It cannot be that an ordinary spirit would want his followers or supports to attain enlightenment. All they would have cared about would be what their supporters and followers can give them instead of wanting for their benefit. Isn't this a very clear indication that Dorje Shugden is enlightened? What else is there to say? It would be the same as trying to dig up information and distorting it so that it would seem that HHDL is not enlightened….waste of time

As DS practitioners, it would be natural for us to follow the Buddha's teachings to achieve those things so that more people can benefit from us…so if we can achieve those things, it would show people that Dorje Shugden is not bad but he is good because the practitioners are good, therefore their main deity or protector must be good too. It can't be that a bad Dharma protector produce good practitioner…it does not make sense.

When more and more Dorje Shugden practitioners show results in their practice, and they benefit more and more people, CTA can no longer say that Dorje Shugden is bad. They will be forced to lift the ban because what they say no longer matches the truth. They will have to swallow all the negative things they said about Dorje Shugden, and nobody will respect them any longer as they have proven themselves to be failures….unless they change now.

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
Dorje Shugden has made the promise to protect pure Tsongkhapa teachings, he will help whoever is sincere in practising Dharma. He will give practitioners who are propitiating him a favorable environment to practise Dharma, remove the obstacles. At the moment of death, if the practitioners have 100% faith in him, he will bring them to a good place to take rebirth and continue the Dharma practice again.

What he wants is for us to have realisation and be enlightened so we can help many other beings to be free of sufferings, continue to spread the Buddha's teachings. He does not want us to suffer he will use his skilful means to create a condition where we can have realisation and progress further in our spiritual practice.

Just look at his story, his selfless, he has never done anything for his own benefits, he even sacrificed his life in order to become this great protector to guide us.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »
Why not stay with Kalarupa who is assigned to his followers by Tsongkapa himself as the root protector of Gelug practice and lineage? Who has the authority to override Tsongkapa??

Zach

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:39:01 PM »
Why not stay with Kalarupa who is assigned to his followers by Tsongkapa himself as the root protector of Gelug practice and lineage? Who has the authority to override Tsongkapa??

Tsongkhapa.  :)

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
Dear DSFriend, thank you so much for highlighting these facts. This article serves to affirm the fact that Dorje Shugden is indeed a Buddha. Who else would want us to be free of suffering and be enlightened and yet at the same time provide us with favorable conditions to achieve it? Anyone who claim DS to be a spirit must read this. How much and what offerings do we need to offer in order to appease Dorje Shugden for all of this wonderful love, care and protection? -Practice authentic Dharma, gain authentic attainments and stay on the valid path. That is all he asked of us. How awesome!