Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Lamas attending the Tibet Autonomous Region conference  (Read 10780 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Lamas attending the Tibet Autonomous Region conference
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
What do I think?  I think the problem here is that even if they soften, we are still at the whim of government concerning religion; if they would adopt a democratic government in Tibet and even the mainland, along with basic human rights, then they could keep the idea of equalizing wealth, if that is what they want.
  There is no reason not to let everyone have freedoms to practice their religion freely; that said, I think that until they (China govt) are ready for that, that if I had walked across Tibet into Nepal I would not hasten back to Tibet.  I have been to India and have heard how many people, after walking out of Tibet, had to bribe officials to get across the borders; I am not judging the officials; I am just saying that it was hard to leave, and then when they arrived, of course the Tibetans, as refugees, did not have any jobs, and had to work out some sort of livelihood.   I am sorry that no one has pressured China to let them be free; the US has historically said they want better human rights in China but unfortunately due to politicking and the interests of big companies that want to exploit labor in China, there has been little progress made.  I really feel badly that the greed of humans, both Chinese and Americans, has caused this problem.  That said, I don't feel that any government will ever be perfect until we are all enlightened; I am happy that Dorje Shugden is to help protect the dharma from politics; state and religion do not mix well.  Just as no one should be subject to what the Dalai Lama thinks about their practice, so should they not be subject to any other ruler--- I am really glad Penor Rinpoche was kind enough to ask his followers not to be discriminatory toward the Shugden practioners; since he did that, maybe it is possible for them to stay near his monastery in India more easily.

I have heard that there has been less people wanting to leave Tibet these days. I dont know how true is that, but if it is true, it would mean that there are improvements with the way how China acts. There is a difference after China gets more and more involved with Buddhism and hopefully they will give more freedom to people and the people themselves will be able to do and know what they are supposed to do without compromising national security. I'm looking forward to China improving with Dorje Shugden's influence.

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »
This is absolutely wonderful news to read! Yes at least these Dorje Shugden Lamas are being invited to attend this conference and being able to be more proactive as compare to the CTA. We sure do not see any CTAs coming here and giving voice to the Tibetan people. If anything, I would say that it is the Dorje Shugden Lamas who would most likely be the ones to save the culture and improve the welfare of the poor Tibetans in China.

There is certainly more light here than what I can see from CTA for sure! If the CTA was going the right direction with China, they would have been invited to this Conference. Too bad they do not know how to make friends. Too bad that their own "face" is far more important than the lives and wellbeing of their own people!

Well now I wonder what will they say. I wonder... maybe Dorje Shugden Lamas would create an opening and pave the way for His Holiness the Dalai Lama to return to Tibet before his passing. I wonder if that happens what they will CTA say and do? Hmmm

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 06:40:54 AM »
This is absolutely wonderful news to read! Yes at least these Dorje Shugden Lamas are being invited to attend this conference and being able to be more proactive as compare to the CTA. We sure do not see any CTAs coming here and giving voice to the Tibetan people. If anything, I would say that it is the Dorje Shugden Lamas who would most likely be the ones to save the culture and improve the welfare of the poor Tibetans in China.

There is certainly more light here than what I can see from CTA for sure! If the CTA was going the right direction with China, they would have been invited to this Conference. Too bad they do not know how to make friends. Too bad that their own "face" is far more important than the lives and wellbeing of their own people!

Well now I wonder what will they say. I wonder... maybe Dorje Shugden Lamas would create an opening and pave the way for His Holiness the Dalai Lama to return to Tibet before his passing. I wonder if that happens what they will CTA say and do? Hmmm

It's only a matter of time before Tibet improves as it is the Tibetans who understand the Tibetans well enough to rule them. But you're right -- if the CTA was really making progress with the Chinese and that they are going the right direction, they would have been invited to the conference as well. CTA wants a free Tibet not for the people of Tibet, but only for themselves as if they really wanted to help the Tibetans, they would have dumped their independence agenda a long time ago so that they can really help the Tibetans.