Author Topic: China Premier (Prime Minister) Wen Jiabao meets 11th Panchen Lama  (Read 19860 times)

Namdrol

• Email

BEIJING - Premier (Prime Minister) Wen Jiabao met on Friday with the 11th Panchen Lama Bainqen Erdini Qoigyijabu, in Beijing in Zhongnanhai, the compound containing the offices of both the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council.

The 11th Panchen Lama presents a hada, a piece of silk used as a greeting gift for Tibetans, to Premier Wen Jiabao during their meeting in Beijing on Friday. Wen pledged that ethnic autonomy in Tibet will continue, while greater efforts will be made to improve the lives of Tibetan people. Photo by Li Tao / Xinhua

During the meeting, Wen, who is also a member of the Standing Committee of the CPC Central Committee's Political Bureau, offered his well-wishes to the Panchen Lama and all Tibetan compatriots in advance of Tibetan New Year, which will fall on Feb 22.

The premier heard a report by the Panchen Lama on his life and work since he was enthroned 17 years ago. Wen congratulated the Panchen Lama on the marked progress he has made on Buddhist research and cultural aspects, noting that the Panchen Lama has done well as a Living Buddha of the Tibetan Buddhism.

Last year was the 60th anniversary of the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet, and over the past six decades, Tibet has undergone enormous changes as a result of leadership by the Party and the government, assistance from peoples of all nationalities and the hard work and continuous efforts made by the different ethnic groups within Tibet, Wen said.

Talking to the Panchen Lama, the premier pledged that ethnic autonomy will continue in the region and that greater efforts will be made to improve the lives of Tibetan compatriots, as well as protect the environment, the region's cultural traditions and the religious freedom of the Tibetan people.

Wen asked the Panchen Lama to deepen his research on academic works on Buddhist doctrines in an effort to ascertain positive thoughts from Tibetan Buddhist doctrines.

He also asked the Panchen Lama to lead Buddhist lamas and followers in loving the country, abiding by laws and abiding by Buddhist commandments.

He also called on the Panchen Lama to play an even greater role in safeguarding national unification and the unity of all ethnic groups.

Present at the meeting was Du Qinglin, a vice-chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference and director of the United Front Work Department of the CPC Central Committee.

Xinhua

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-02/11/content_14581846.htm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:45:57 PM by Admin »

hope rainbow

Re: China Premier (Prime Minister) Wen Jiabao meets 11th Panchen Lama
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »
Now, this is what I'd like to know: Will the 11th Panchen Lama recognized by China embrace the practice of Dorje Shugden, or has he embraced it yet?

The answer is probably in this picture of the 11th Panchen Lama with a thangka of Dorje Shugden.

Oh my!
If we could do a little "back to the future" I think we would definitely understand why the Dalai Lama imposed a ban on Dorje Shugden.

Zach

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
Now, this is what I'd like to know: Will the 11th Panchen Lama recognized by China embrace the practice of Dorje Shugden, or has he embraced it yet?

The answer is probably in this picture of the 11th Panchen Lama with a thangka of Dorje Shugden.

Oh my!
If we could do a little "back to the future" I think we would definitely understand why the Dalai Lama imposed a ban on Dorje Shugden.

Just so you know the photo with Dorje Shugden is a fake. Its a Photo shop job the actual image was the Feild of merit behind the Panchen Lama.

thaimonk

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

Oh my!

Just so you know the photo with Dorje Shugden is a fake. Its a Photo shop job the actual image was the Feild of merit behind the Panchen Lama.
[/size]

The photograph may or may not be fake. That is a minor issue. That doesn't really matter. What is real is that the previous and current Panchen Rinpoches practice Shugden. If Panchen Lama didn't practice shugden then this picture would be a sort totally unrealistic. But he does practice.

In Tashilunpo Monastery currently (Monastic seat of Panchen Lamas) in Shigatse Tibet has huge chapels to Shugden and Shugden pujas are conducted daily. That is a fact. It is great to know that the highest ranking lama in Tibet/China is practicing Dorje Shugden.

Tashilunpo's Shugden Chapel: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10969

Thaimonk

Zach

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »
Thats not the point Thaimonk its deceptive to present something in such a manner as authentic when it is actually not.

icy

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
It was so awesome,  when I was visiting Tashi Lungpo Monastery at Shigatse I walked right into their chapel with monks doing Dorje Shugden puja.  I have also seen their Dorje Shugden statue in the chapel.  Tashi Lungpo Monastery is the seat of Panchen Lamas.  Certainly Dorje Shugden is being conducted everyday.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
Thats not the point Thaimonk its deceptive to present something in such a manner as authentic when it is actually not.

Dear Zach,

the motivation is behind the act is not deceptive. Why do Tibetan laymen and monks throw grains and recite JANGCHUP SEMCHOK RINPOCHE/ MAKYEPANAM KYEGYURCHIG/ KYEPA NAMPA MEPAYANG/ GONGNAY GONGDU PHELWAR SHOG? and expect Bodhichitta to rain upon them?

Doing this is no different. We are making aspirations for the Panchen Lama to embrace his previous lives' practice and make it flourish in China in order to benefit sentient beings there. Don't u think life is better this way?

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »
The photograph may or may not be fake. That is a minor issue. That doesn't really matter. What is real is that the previous and current Panchen Rinpoches practice Shugden. If Panchen Lama didn't practice shugden then this picture would be a sort totally unrealistic. But he does practice.

In Tashilunpo Monastery currently (Monastic seat of Panchen Lamas) in Shigatse Tibet has huge chapels to Shugden and Shugden pujas are conducted daily. That is a fact. It is great to know that the highest ranking lama in Tibet/China is practicing Dorje Shugden.
/quote]

I rejoice that the Panchen Lama practices Shugden. This again shows Dorje Shugden is a Buddha. What is happening is that Shugden is blessing the whole world; not just Tibet thanks to the ban.

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »

...the motivation is behind the act is not deceptive. Why do Tibetan laymen and monks throw grains and recite JANGCHUP SEMCHOK RINPOCHE/ MAKYEPANAM KYEGYURCHIG/ KYEPA NAMPA MEPAYANG/ GONGNAY GONGDU PHELWAR SHOG? and expect Bodhichitta to rain upon them?

Doing this is no different. We are making aspirations for the Panchen Lama to embrace his previous lives' practice and make it flourish in China in order to benefit sentient beings there. Don't u think life is better this way?

Life will not become better by making forgeries. By lying to others. By misleading others. By reporting untruths. By presenting as true that which is false.

Good wishes are good. But lies are not.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »
Wow! These picture speaks a thousand words and open a thousand doors for Shugden practitioners like me. It has been a constant uphill battle for us but we are starting to see more results of sticking through thick and thin with what our practice. To me, this picture tells the whole world ESPECIALLY CTA that

1. China supports Tibetan Buddhism as it is part of the Chinese Culture

2. China supports Panchen Lama, his work & his practices ie SHUGDEN & it will continue to GROW more

3. China recognised that Tibetan Buddhism definitely has values which will create UNITY & HARMONY for the Chinese people

The Chinese GOVERNMENT IS NOT STUPID, they are extremely intelligent. Definitely, they have checked Panchen Lama out thoroughly before they even allow their Prime Minister to meet Panchen Lama. That is common sense. LOOK AT CHINA RESULTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS. Whatever the government endorses, the people will follow and support.

Someone should send this picture to the CTA with a caption :-

WE HAVE 1.3 BILLION PEOPLE IN CHINA (WORLD BANK STATISTIC IN 2010)
YOU HAVE ONLY 189,000 TIBETANS OUTSIDE CHINA (SIL ENTHOLOGUE REPORT IN 2009) SO WHO IS MORE INFLUENTIAL?

Even if 5% of CHINA population (650,000) follows Panchen Lama, it is BIGGER THAN the Tibetan outside China. And they choose to ignore this. They are barking at the WRONG TREE.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
This news article is great as it shows that the China government is endorsing the works of the Panchen Lama. And that the China Government is supporting Tibetan Buddhism.

When the China Government supports the Panchen Lama, then the Chinese people will follow what their government says. With this the practice of Dorje Shugden will grow also. This is because the Panchen Lama practices Dorje Shugden. It is also China's history and heritage that the Emperor Sun Ji is a practitioner of Dorje Shugden, so it is not something new. The acceptance of Dorje Shugden by the Chinese people would be easier.

With China supporting the Panchen Lama, i think they hope that the Panchen Lama would reciprocate also and start to influence Tibetans to be peaceful and stay united with China.

May this meeting speed up the lift of the ban!

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »
This news article is great as it shows that the China government is endorsing the works of the Panchen Lama. And that the China Government is supporting Tibetan Buddhism.

When the China Government supports the Panchen Lama, then the Chinese people will follow what their government says. With this the practice of Dorje Shugden will grow also. This is because the Panchen Lama practices Dorje Shugden. It is also China's history and heritage that the Emperor Sun Ji is a practitioner of Dorje Shugden, so it is not something new. The acceptance of Dorje Shugden by the Chinese people would be easier.

With China supporting the Panchen Lama, i think they hope that the Panchen Lama would reciprocate also and start to influence Tibetans to be peaceful and stay united with China.

This is the false Panchen Lama. How can a non-Buddhist, non believer of religon such as the Chinese govt find a Tulku. They don't even believe in higher states of mind, reincarnation and the power of Tulkus to choose their rebirth.

How can you choose a candidate of a reincarnated Panchen Lama when you don't even believe there is reincarnation? Does it make sense??

Then once this 'Panchen Lama' is installed by a Communist atheistic govt, the Shugden followers all lavish praises on this Panchen and go and meet him, and further the propaganda. How does it make you look?

Why would you believe in this Panchen hand picked by the Chinese govt? By what spiritual powers authorizes the Chinese govt to select the genuine Panchen Rinpoche?

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
Dear Tenzin Gyatso,

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche met this Panchen lama a few years ago, Gangchen Rinpoche is well-known for his clairvoyance, why would he even bother to meet a fake Panchen Lama??? Why?

Carpenter

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »
Buddhism is promoting peace and harmony, when Wen Jia Bao meeting with 11th Panchen Lama, Premier Wen asked Panchen Lama to deepen his research on academic works on Buddhist doctrines in an effort to ascertain positive thoughts from Tibetan Buddhist doctrines. This shows China has the freedom to practice what you believe in, and not interfering or stopping the growth of it in China. Premier Wen accepted Tibetan Buddhism as part of China and even encourages the growth of Tibetan Buddhism. That is very wise.

It is always very heartwarming to see the leader of a country pay respect to a Lama, how much it explains by just an occasion like this. Dorje Shugden practice is growing in China now and by the support of China, it will still continue to grow bigger and bigger.

hope rainbow

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »

This is the false Panchen Lama. How can a non-Buddhist, non believer of religon such as the Chinese govt find a Tulku. They don't even believe in higher states of mind, reincarnation and the power of Tulkus to choose their rebirth.

How can you choose a candidate of a reincarnated Panchen Lama when you don't even believe there is reincarnation? Does it make sense??

Then once this 'Panchen Lama' is installed by a Communist atheistic govt, the Shugden followers all lavish praises on this Panchen and go and meet him, and further the propaganda. How does it make you look?

Why would you believe in this Panchen hand picked by the Chinese govt? By what spiritual powers authorizes the Chinese govt to select the genuine Panchen Rinpoche?

For that being to be picked by the Chinese Government to be the 11th Panchen Lama requires a specific type of karma.
Is he the re-incarnation, is he not? I personally don't know, I can't say. But on the same ground, who am I to say he is not neither?
So I think it is best to keep an open mind before I simply reject everything and inspect the clues.

Of course, we have Gangchen Rinpoche paying his respect to the 11th Panchen Lama.
That is one clue, but if that is not enough, let's also look in the past and see if history can give us some more clues, some tools to put a little bit of perspective, to add some further dimensions to the play.

It is not the first time that the Chinese government interferes with who should be leading Tibetan affairs

I take for example Kelzang Gyatso, the 7th Dalai Lama, who replaced Ngawang Yeshey Gyatso, the 6th Dalai Lama (#2) while he was still alive. The 6th Dalai Lama  (#2) was installed by Lha-bzang Khan, a Mongol king, to replace  Tsangyang Gyatso, the 6th Dalai Lama (#1) on the ground of misbehavior (there is more to say about that though) while he was still alive also.

from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Dalai_Lama

"
Kelzang Gyatso was born in Lithang of Eastern Tibet, in the present-day Garzê Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of present-day Sichuan province.
At that time, the Dalai Lama's throne in Lhasa was occupied by Ngawang Yeshey Gyatso, who had been installed by  as "the real 6th Dalai Lama" in place of Tsangyang Gyatso.
Ngawang Yeshey Gyatso still held this position (though most Tibetans did not consider him to be a legitimate Dalai Lama) when a monk at Litang monastery, spontaneously channeling the Nechung Oracle, identified Kelzang Gyatso as the reincarnation of Tsangyang Gyatso.
Since this presented a contradiction of Lha-bzang Khan's Dalai Lama, it was a controversial matter and potentially dangerous to the child.
Subsequently, the Tibetan leader of a delegation from Lhasa covertly confirmed that the child was Tsangyang Gyatso's reincarnation.
The child was quietly taken into Litang monastery for protection and training.
In 1715, the Qing emperor Kangxi sponsored Kelzang Gyatso's entrance into Kumbum Monastery.
This entrance was marked by formal ceremonies due to a Dalai Lama and thus signified a public challenge to Lha-bzang Khan's Dalai Lama.
He was ordained by Ngawang Lobsang Tenpai Gyaltsen.

The Dzungars invaded Tibet in 1717, deposed Ngawang Yeshey Gyatso, which met with widespread approval, and killed Lha-bzang Khan.
However, they soon began to loot, rape and kill throughout Lhasa, destroying Tibetan goodwill towards them.
They also viciously destroyed a small force sent by Emperor Kangxi in 1718 to support clear traditional trade routes.

A second, larger, expedition sent by Emperor Kangxi, together with Tibetan forces under Polhaney (also spelled Polhanas) of Tsang and Gangchenney (also spelled Kanchenas), the governor of Western Tibet, expelled the Dzungars from Tibet in 1720.
They brought Kelzang Gyatso with them from Kumbum to Lhasa and he was enthroned as the seventh Dalai Lama in the Potala Palace in 1721, or in November 1720.
He took the novice vows of monk-hood from the 5th Panchen Lama Lobsang Yeshi, who gave him the name Kelsang Gyatso.
"

I do not mean to debate here the 6th, the second 6th, the 7th or other Dalai Lamas, that is not my point.
My point is that enlightened beings live along sentient beings and work with them, with their delusions, for their good.

There can also be emanations of enlightened beings who do not necessarily live as monks but find themselves in places where they can and will help the growth of the Dharma, whether they know themselves as emanations or not.

I have seen myself, and this is from direct personal account (and confirmed by my Guru), I have seen people born in traditionally non-Buddhist countries, and that had embraced another religion totally still recognize their guru, their lama, and develop devotion without having to change the religion they had embraced in this life and help their guru in a way that would be impossible to do from a Buddhist stand.

We also have examples of very high lamas reincarnating as head of states, and build the ground, build the secular foundation for the Dharma to grow in the future.

Maybe this 11th Panchen Lama is not qualified (I don't know), maybe he isn't, but then perhaps the 12th Panchen Lama will be qualified and recognized without any doubt. So if this is to be, why burn the bridge?

I think, on the matter here we need to apply investigation with an open mind and remain at the service of the bigger picture with Guru devotion and bodhicitta always.
One must always follow the instructions of his Guru with faith.
What must be done must be done for the benefit of others now and for the future generation.

"One is to follow His Guru's instruction with faith, for the merit gained comes from that, not from the action itself."