Author Topic: Don't Lose Faith in His Holiness or Dorje Shugden  (Read 16419 times)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
Don't Lose Faith in His Holiness or Dorje Shugden
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
I have been a Gelugpa on both sides of the Shugden issue. I hold both His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Shugden close to my heart. I am so glad to be a member of this site forum. Unlike the Western Shugden Society this website is focused on pure dharma and not politics. I feel Dorje Shugden and His Holiness are both great kings spreading BuddhaDharma. Buddhists like His Holiness for his faith and not for his politics. I feel very sad for all Shugdenpas in India but hope that things get better. The ban on Shugden should be repealed but let us hold strong to our values as dharma practitioners and not lose faith in His Holiness or Dorje Shugden.

DevoteeofDorje

a friend

Re: Don't Lose Faith in His Holiness or Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 01:14:13 AM »

Welcome dear new member.
I certainly wish that you will enjoy your participation in this Forum where friends of the Dharmapala congregate.
I also wish that you take a look at the website, and try to be a little less quick in attacking its members from day one. An important number of the old members of this Forum belong one way or another to WSS. We have already had a period where a number of newbies came precisely to criticize the WSS. You might want to read the posts since last January, and maybe you will take into consideration the response the WSS people already gave.
Otherwise we are on for another round of unfair attacks against WSS, the people who, with their extraordinary demonstrations around the world in 2008 prevented the total wiping out of our monks from Southern India.
I hope you will enjoy the reading.
Welcome, again.

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
Dear DharmapalasDharma

Welcome to this website and forum. This website has benefited many and has provided a supportive platform for many to learn, respectfully exchange views and grow together. There's much to read from this website and the many postings from our dear forum members. Do take time to read through them.

sincerely
DSfriend

Small being

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »

Otherwise we are on for another round of unfair attacks against WSS, the people who, with their extraordinary demonstrations around the world in 2008 prevented the total wiping out of our monks from Southern India.

Thanks Friend for your beautiful post, reminding us of the great achievements following the public protests against Lama policy in 2008. It is hard to have faith in both the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, as suggested, when Dalai Lama himself repeatedly has said that people need to chose between him and Dorje Shugden. Just for clarification.

small being

Zach

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
Even though he may have committed henious actions, we should not speak ill of others...But set an example of real compassion.  :)

Zach

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
Sorry, Zach! It is my job to destroy this Usuper!

The Truth does a pretty good job of coming out on its own, people cause their own destruction by their own actions...Kind mother remember ?  :)
Stop them harming themselves by stopping them from harming others.  :)

Zach

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »
We all have our own stuff to do in this life.
The Man attacked me first
I do not turn my cheek for Murderers!

6 perfections....patiences being one to cultivate, especially with our perceived enemies.
As Buddha was rather clear hatred will not cease by hatred.  :)

I am not a fan of his actions with cleansing part of our lineage, but i can bear no ill will toward him either.
Just as when a forest burns the growth back is far brighter and more splendid then before, Many people now know of the great protector many people now will receive a karmic connection.

May all beings be free from suffering.  :)

Zach

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:56 AM »
I am not suprised to see more BS from NKT world some people really do have a warped and extreme view of course im not at all suprised it was set up by one of the usual suspects for a guess...
Hey just more practise for loving compassion  :)

DSFriend

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
Even though he may have committed henious actions, we should not speak ill of others...But set an example of real compassion.  :)

Thumbs up Zach! Love that thinking.

Zach

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »

Thumbs up Zach! Love that thinking.

All praise to my teachers they really know their onions !  ;D

sutarmol

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
I have been a Gelugpa on both sides of the Shugden issue. I hold both His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Shugden close to my heart. I am so glad to be a member of this site forum. Unlike the Western Shugden Society this website is focused on pure dharma and not politics. I feel Dorje Shugden and His Holiness are both great kings spreading BuddhaDharma. Buddhists like His Holiness for his faith and not for his politics. I feel very sad for all Shugdenpas in India but hope that things get better. The ban on Shugden should be repealed but let us hold strong to our values as dharma practitioners and not lose faith in His Holiness or Dorje Shugden.

Dear DharmapalasDharma ,
I m agree what you said , i m also have very strong faith in HH Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden. Because of the ban of the Dorje Shugden from HH Dalai Lama indirectly promote Dorje Shugden to the world .i m sure His Holiness knows what he is doing with all the contradiction matter.His Holiness so compassion to use himself for people to criticise definitely he has valid reasons.

a friend

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 04:05:11 AM »

Thom,

You don't think they are talking seriously? I've come to the conclusion that they are just teasing us, the old grumpies of the Forum ...

Besides, some people might just be taking a break from the zillion letters they've probably written to help the monks discriminated in Nepal.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 05:19:06 AM »
Although I am new here, but I agree with what Zach says - no matter what happens nothing should deter us from practising harder and better to become shining examples of Buddhism. Courage is not in the absence of Fear, it is inspite of because there are more important matters at hand. Everything around us gives us opportunities to practise on everything that we have learnt. Hence, why do we learn the Dharma in the first place, right? I repeat again - DON'T LOSE FAITH IN HIS HOLINESS AND DORJE SHUGDEN. 
We all have our own stuff to do in this life.
The Man attacked me first
I do not turn my cheek for Murderers!

6 perfections....patiences being one to cultivate, especially with our perceived enemies.
As Buddha was rather clear hatred will not cease by hatred.  :)

I am not a fan of his actions with cleansing part of our lineage, but i can bear no ill will toward him either.
Just as when a forest burns the growth back is far brighter and more splendid then before, Many people now know of the great protector many people now will receive a karmic connection.

May all beings be free from suffering.  :)
Helena

Helena

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 06:05:27 AM »
I am not a fan of DL's ways and means, but neither am I Enlightened to judge. I cannot say that I know the man anymore than I know myself fully. Otherwise you and I will not still be stuck in Samsara, we'd be chilling out with all the Buddhas in the Pure Land. You are obviously well read and very knowledgeable. That is very much needed and valued in a place where there is so much confusion, fear and sometimes, pure darkness.Question: Must this war be fought with "blood shed"? Is there no other way to do this that reflects the essence of Bodhichitta? Is there no better way for us to act, when we are the ones exercising that choice - despite or inspite of what THEY or THE OTHERS choose to do? Do we have to sink to their level?

TK posted something I found to be very interesting - Having Contaminated Dharma is better than having no Dharma at all.

I'll have to contemplate on that. Sometimes being at "war" for so long and with the "blood in our hands", it is hard to tell who is contaminated and who is not. THANK YOU for all your sharing. Much appreciated. Have a good Sunday.

Your fantastic expression of, don't lose faith in the dalia lama, is incomprehensible to me.

I take faith in what Domo Geshe Rinpoche told me and what I surmised by my own observations of
this man's acts of abomination and desecractions of Lord Buddha Teachings and the Defamation of Lord Je T'Song Khapa Teachings.

Thank you for Defending My Lineage.........................................................................was more than adequate to convince me of my own convictions that this is not Buddhism 101 and this is a Battle that has  invoked the Warriors of Shambala to Awaken, Arise to Defend the Dharma from those who seek to Destroy it.
This man represents and archaic antiquidated medieval kingdom that enslaved the masses and sought only to further it's own preservation as overlords of an entire people for hundreds of years. This is the Over throw of an old mind set of faux superiority over others. This is a Battle for The Defense of All People to Believe as they Wish without fear of moleatation or abuse by others.
This man has an entire of history of subjugating others and using mutilation as punishment in his Shangrila.
He is not a king or a buddha.
Check out his lineage and get back to me about this usurper, you call the dalia lama!

The One We have Been Fighting for over 14 years.

Stretching over two centuries............................................

Now what were you saying about equanimity and dharma practice??

Helena

a friend

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 05:04:13 AM »
I am not a fan of DL's ways and means, but neither am I Enlightened to judge.

Dear Samayatree, you don't need to be enlightened to judge. Actually you are required to judge, all the time. Required as a practitioner. You need to ponder and judge actions and results following the advice of Lord Buddha. This is the basis of the Buddhadharma. The matter that is exclusive object of the Buddha's mind is the actual results of karma in every one and all beings, the intricacy of that extraordinary "computer" where no action is lost ... that, yes, only an enlightened mind can follow.
But you, like all of us, need to judge the Lamas, particularly if you are thinking of taking them as "your" Lama. This is a requirement.
And by implication one needs to be clear in the judgement of somebody who can become the Lama of new people seeking Dharma. They will need also to judge the candidate. So if you are not a fan of the DL's ways and means say it, and in a logical, clear Dharma way, in accord with conventional reality, stating your good Dharma reasons for your "not being a fan".