Author Topic: Is it true?  (Read 15253 times)

hope rainbow

Re: Is it true?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
I am looking forward to the day when Shar Gaden and Gaden monastery re-unite!
Of course not as TG described with the monks of SG going to see HHDL with an apology, that is pure imagination, unthinkable and illogical. But I can imagine a re-unification, and I can imagine it to happen relatively soon, once the ban has lifted. And the lifting is only a matter of logic and in time, logic always prevails.

diablo1974

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
I do not believe these questions are from shar gaden. Theres no source and evidence...anyway time will tell. The current situation in shar gaden still looks promising and there are still manynprojects and plans to improve the wellbeing of the students and the infrastructure of the monastery. There might be anti DS who just wanted to put him down as he is gaining popularity by the day. One day when the dharma king is revealed on stage, these anti DS people, followers and even practitioner will realise that he is a buddha....its still not too late for them to repent and confess.  Protector loves all even people who wanted to destroy him.

Barzin

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »
I truly believe that one day Shar Gaden and Gaden both monasteries will reunite!  Well, most probably when the ban is lifted.  After all they are one.  I don't know and can't judge how the monks of Shar Gaden feel and the running of the monastery.  But one thing i know even though both monasteries split but the monks actually still share good friendship.  After all they all came from the same guru.

Just taking a wild guess, because Shar Gaden is famous for doing Dorje Shugden practice and keeping it so I would assume they are the representative for everything Shugden?  So from Pujas to statues, Shar Gaden would be the exclusive.  So I don't think the monks in Shar Gaden is not surviving, in fact I think they are more renown for their practice and pujas compared to Gaden now.  After all, the hottest topic is still Dorje Shugden.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:38 AM »
I don't think the talk in Dharamsala is unfounded that Shar Ganden is not doing too well and wishes to join back with Ganden Shartse Monastery and apolgoize to HHDL (high time).

1. More young innocent monks joining just means they were sent from remote distant places without much resources, so the parents send them to Shar Ganden for sustenance reason. When they reach teenage years, they disrobe and return home. This is widespread. They are joining because they were sent not because they understand or accept Shugden as enlightened. It's not the same as if actual scholars, senior monks and sangha are NOW leaving monasteries to join Shar Ganden. No one senior, established and can think are leaving their monasteries and joining Shar Ganden Monastery.

2. The abbot of Shar Ganden is not accepted, invited or goes on any tours of any countries. We don't hear anything about him. He is not popular nor accepted.

3. The older monks are dying off and the younger monks aren't interested in all this anti-Dalai Lama propaganda. They want to join back with Tibetan monastic mainstream life again. I don't blame them.

4. If there were so many practitioners how come Shar Ganden only has  a few hundred monks. Why didn't many more monks join them when they wrongfully seperated from Ganden Shartse Monastery.

5. They cannot get a official Geshe degree and they don't have enough learned people to give awards, oversee exams or watch over the curriculum.

6. Their websites and fb pages are very simplistic, not well maintained and strictly informational. They don't have stories of lamas, histories, lineages, practices, question and answer section, biographies or much news. Which leads many to believe they are not thriving.

7. It must not be easy knowing HHDL is very displeased with them for being such unnecessary renegades. The word is Geshe Kelsang stopped sponsoring Shar Ganden and they don't have official sponsorship so food and rations getting low.

8. We don't hear of any Geshes churned out from Shar Ganden this year nor last year. The educational standards are dropping.

Dharamsala talk has basis and truth. Tibetans in general talk alot and word gets around. The word is Shar Ganden is not doing well.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »
HAhahaha, have you seen Gaden Shartse's website?

If you are so quick to judge a book by it's cover, what kind of picture does the Shartse website paint?

http://www.gadenshartse.net/

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 03:36:00 AM »
Also, yes there are still many Geshes graduating every year. Quite a few this year in fact.

Yes, the abbot travels many countries giving Dharma teachings, including France, Italy and Switzerland. He is very well respected and honored wherever he goes.

There are over 800 monks enrolled as monks here at Shar Gaden. There was a census a few months ago. Some of the monks are teaching in other countries, but the majority live at the monastery.

You are getting spoon-fed untruths by those who do not have any facts.

All that I have stated above are facts, that can be verified by existing records and documents. You have nothing but rumors and talk from gossip hounds. Sorry.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 04:29:44 AM »
HAhahaha, have you seen Gaden Shartse's website?

If you are so quick to judge a book by it's cover, what kind of picture does the Shartse website paint?

http://www.gadenshartse.net/

What do you mean? Do you mean it is good or bad?
 ???

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »
Also, yes there are still many Geshes graduating every year. Quite a few this year in fact.

Yes, the abbot travels many countries giving Dharma teachings, including France, Italy and Switzerland. He is very well respected and honored wherever he goes.

There are over 800 monks enrolled as monks here at Shar Gaden. There was a census a few months ago. Some of the monks are teaching in other countries, but the majority live at the monastery.

All that I have stated above are facts, that can be verified by existing records and documents. You have nothing but rumors and talk from gossip hounds. Sorry.

Sorry, what you say is very general. What is many Geshes? How is the Abbot honoured and respected? Where are pictures of the Abbot's travels? What centres? How many attend his talks?

How do you know the facts? Are you involved with them? Do you visit?

Do you have proof of what you are saying or is it hearsay or assumptions also?

People in Dharamsala related to me what I wrote here, that is the perception of Shar Ganden. Truth or not is besides the issue, that is the perception. I wonder why?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 04:51:35 AM »
Yes, I have proof. Like I said, there are records.

Of course, people in the anti-shugden 'camp' can have whatever perceptions they want, that does not make it reality.

I noticed you are now silent on the website issue.... ;D. The Shar Gaden website seems much more up to date than the Shartse site, don't you think? The Shar Gaden website was just updated yesterday in fact from what I can tell. The Shartse website has been 'under construction' for many months and looks very primitive by comparison.
Yeah, I bet you are now not so quit to judge on mere appearances huh?

Cheers

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »
edit: quit should read quick.

(still no option of editing posts :-\)

michaela

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
Sorry, what you say is very general. What is many Geshes? How is the Abbot honoured and respected? Where are pictures of the Abbot's travels? What centres? How many attend his talks?

People in Dharamsala related to me what I wrote here, that is the perception of Shar Ganden. Truth or not is besides the issue, that is the perception. I wonder why?

Dear Tenzin Gyatso

Please read this thread:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1625.0

Losang_Tenpa is a monk at Shar Gaden hehe... ;D

I am a monk at Shar Gaden. Although the monastery is cut off from the Tibetan community at large, there are still many people around the world who support the monastery.

The monastery is supported much like any other monastery; by contributions from various benefactors. Meeting the various needs of the monastery is a very difficult task. The administrators here work tirelessly to make sure every monk is well taken care of. They do an excellent job.
Those wishing to reach out to assist the monastery can contact the administrator's office directly at -
Email:  [email protected]
[email protected]

dsiluvu

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »

So you "heard" from people in Dharamsala??? So it is a hear say. You yourself did not see and did not investigate further but just went with the gossip and rumours and idle chatter? Oh aren't those like actions you should not engage in if you were a Buddist pratitioners? Aren't those in the refuge vows? My friend seeing is believing... don't live ur life on rumours - you will be quite heavily disappointed when they are opposite of your projected views. I think perhaps you should check out the links that so many has kindly pointed out here for you to read and see for yourself.

Well from what I "hear" from my friends in Shar Gaden.. they seem to be doing perfectly alright and growing! I heard :D get it! And well there are pictures to prove it too. I gues flying here and there was not necessary for the Abbot because sponsors fly to him ;)

Oh by the way... here moving pictures with audio to prove it so u don't have to hear it no more... and it shows high Lamas conferring monks voice to another illustrious high incarnate Lama - Kyabje Domo Geshe Choktrul Rinpoche...

Kyabje Yongyal Dorje Chang Visits Shar Gaden Monastery 2 Small | Large

His Eminence Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche is a student of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. He is a very learned master with many practices. He is a most qualified teacher from Serpom and is Serpom Monastery's first and current abbot. Here he is making his first visit to Shar Gaden Monastery to confer the novice monk vows on the Kyabje Domo Geshe Choktrul Rinpoche. He is recieved with the highest honors and respects as accorded to such a great master such as himself.

You are fortunate to see this video of the Shar Gaden sangha with great respect receiving Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche's visit to their Monastery.
Kyabje Yongyal Dorje Chang Visits Shar Gaden Monastery 2

Mana

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
edit: quit should read quick.

(still no option of editing posts :-\)

There will be no options of editing posts. The end. Accept and move on please. Thanks.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Yes, I have proof. Like I said, there are records.

Of course, people in the anti-shugden 'camp' can have whatever perceptions they want, that does not make it reality.

I noticed you are now silent on the website issue.... ;D. The Shar Gaden website seems much more up to date than the Shartse site, don't you think? The Shar Gaden website was just updated yesterday in fact from what I can tell. The Shartse website has been 'under construction' for many months and looks very primitive by comparison.
Yeah, I bet you are now not so quit to judge on mere appearances huh?

Cheers

1. Post the proof here.
2. What does Ganden Shartse Website have to do with anything of this discussion?
3. In fact don't be quick to judge from appearances is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Just because Shar Ganden's website is 'spiffier' than Gaden Shartse's doesn't mean they are doing better.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
Yes, editing is only allowed for those who work for the website. I understand. The other 4 or 5 who post here, who do not work for the website, do not have that option. I understand. Got it. I just mentioned it for those who may have wondered why I added a new post instead of editing. No problemo.

As far as the websites, it was you Tenzin Gyatso who brought up the Shar website as being a poor reflection of the monastery.