Author Topic: Nechung says the 14th Dalai Lama will live until he is 113  (Read 14188 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Just read this interesting news (http://www.unpo.org/article/12675) that His Holiness is expected to live 113 year as per a prophecy made by Nechung Choekyong Chenmo. This  news was announced by Samdhong Rinpoche - the outgoing Kalon Tripa - during the concluding session of Second Tibetan National General Meeting yesterday.

However, he further said that it all dependent on the collective accumulations of good merit of the Tibetan people and that all of us should rededicate ourselves to abide by His Holiness's kind advises. (no Shugden for you! - okay, he didn't say that)i

I remember his Holiness saying that he dreamed of living to 113 a few years ago too.

So, do you think Nechung will be accurate?

Will we have to wait for another 20+ years for the ban on Shugden to be lifted?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: Nechung says the 14th Dalai Lama will live until he is 113
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
I am doubtful of Nechung's accuracy as Nechung is still an unenlightened being.

I remember reading how the Dalai Lama did say that he foresees himself to be with us here for another 20 years. He's currently 76, so that's till 96 years old.

We would be very, very fortunate if the Dalai Lama lives till 113 though!

Everything is impermanent.

Perhaps the Dalai Lama will "lift" the ban on the practice of Dorje Shugden....  :P..... and perhaps scold those who gave up their practice for being so floppy and unstable. That would be a good laugh.

Or perhaps the Dalai Lama will push down Shugdenpa's even more and push the controversy into the global spotlight.

So many "perhaps". For now, I wish the Dalai Lama a very long life. :)

lightning

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
If you guys have been listening to the biographies of Previous Enlightened Masters encounter with Nechung. Do you think that what Nechung says is correct???  ::)

thaimonk

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 05:48:18 AM »
If you guys have been listening to the biographies of Previous Enlightened Masters encounter with Nechung. Do you think that what Nechung says is correct???  ::)

Can you place the biographies here or at least a link? It would be interesting to read.

heartjewel

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »
I don't think Nechung can be accurate when he says the Dalai Lama will live to 113.
1. Nechung is not an enlgihtened being how can he predict what is going to happen.
2. Dalai Lama is now only 76  and many times it has been said and even Dalai Lama himself say he will live for another 20 yrs ++ added up that will make Dalai Lama's age less than 100 yrs only.
3. If merits are needed and be accumulated to lengthen Dalai Lamas life. Then it depends on the Tibetan people to generate the merits. But we do not know how much merit can be accumulated.
4. I think the Dalai Lama  wants to see what the people's reaction would be and test them to see how devoted they are when they have been practicing Dorje Shugden in the past and now abandoned him showing disloyalty to Dorje Shugden. 

DharmaDefender

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
Just read this interesting news (http://www.unpo.org/article/12675) that His Holiness is expected to live 113 year as per a prophecy made by Nechung Choekyong Chenmo. This  news was announced by Samdhong Rinpoche - the outgoing Kalon Tripa - during the concluding session of Second Tibetan National General Meeting yesterday.

However, he further said that it all dependent on the collective accumulations of good merit of the Tibetan people and that all of us should rededicate ourselves to abide by His Holiness's kind advises. (no Shugden for you! - okay, he didn't say that)i

I remember his Holiness saying that he dreamed of living to 113 a few years ago too.

His Holiness said it first? Maybe Nechung's run out of mis-prophecies, and he's starting to go through the archives for ideas...

You know what? He's an unenlightened being, so I'm not going to put my eggs into his basket. What I will say though, is that His Holiness the Dalai Lama's students had better take a page out of the book that's teaching FPMT's students right now about guru devotion, and learn quick because what's happening to Ven. Lama Zopa Rinpoche now may happen to their own teacher at any time he chooses to manifest it.

May all holy lamas live long to spread the Dharma, and may Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition blaze in the ten directions forever.

thor

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »
Lets just take a look at Nechung's track record:
Incorrect advise to dalai lama to stay in Tibet when the Chinese were invading
Incorrect medicine to the 13th dalai lama, probably causing his death
Incorrect prediction of Tibet's fate during the british invasion
Incorrect advice of Dorje Shugden's status as a spirit

So now, when I hear that Nechung predicts the Dalai Lama to live until 113, my alarm bells can't help but go off a little. How much can the words of a worldly spirit with a bad track record be believed?

Best to take Nechung's words with a large-ish pinch of salt.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »
I'm with you there re taking Nechung's advice with a gallon of salt, but I still don't get why the Dalai Lama keeps consulting Nechung when Nechung has had a bad track record and why would the Dalai Lama consult an unenlightened protector when he could consult an enlightened one, like Palden Lhamo for example.

Something that also bothers me regarding Nechung is that he was instrumental in the manifestation of Dorje Shugden, yet he seems to be screwing up everywhere else. I find it quite contradictory, don't you?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »

Something that also bothers me regarding Nechung is that he was instrumental in the manifestation of Dorje Shugden, yet he seems to be screwing up everywhere else. I find it quite contradictory, don't you?

Nechung is playing into the role already predestined. Remember who is waiting at his temple's southern gate.

triesa

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »

Nechung is playing into the role already predestined. Remember who is waiting at his temple's southern gate.

Our dear King Dorje Shugden.......

kurava

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
It's said that how long a Lama lives depend on how well his students' spiritual practices progress and transform. It's such a dynamic situation that no one can know for sure.

Nevertheless , I sincerely pray that the Buddha of Compassion and all high Masters will live long and continue to benefit as many as possible.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »

Perhaps he's trying to make people lose faith in him gradually, and return back to Dorje Shugden...you know, manifesting inconsistencies and bad predictions and all that.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:18 PM »

Perhaps he's trying to make people lose faith in him gradually, and return back to Dorje Shugden...you know, manifesting inconsistencies and bad predictions and all that.

That's a very good point Dharma Defender. After all, Nechung was the catalyst in Dorje Shugden arising as a Dharma Protector. Nechung certainly had achieved clairvoyance by then to have made that request, and he would had known that Dorje Shugden would become a "competitor" at a certain point of time (current). I don't think he was so stupid to create a competitor in order to be jealous of him later.

I believe all this is an illusory play in order to fulfill the Tibetan prophecy of Dorje Shugden replacing Nechung as the Chief Dharmapala of Tibet (and perhaps Tibetan Buddhism ???). After all, the prophecy also said that Dorje Shugden will replace Nechung as Nechung has become enlightened .

Big Uncle

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »
Looks like Nechung cannot be trusted and it also appears that his false prophecies is deliberate. Despite his inherent inaccuracies, the Dalai Lama continue to consult him. There must be a reason for all these. So far, what Thaimonk suggested seemed to offer a glimmer of hope in understanding what is going on. Honestly, as for what Nechung says about the Dalai Lama, I can only take it with a pinch of salt. However, whatever it is, from how I look at it, I think that the passing of the Dalai Lama is very important as it will surely mark the dawn of a new era. It will be Dorje Shugden's time at that time.

vajrastorm

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
Nechung's prediction about HH Dalai Lama may seem preposterous at this point.We can just dismiss it as inaccurate, based on some of his previous predictions.

Yet if we go back to that point in time when it was he who was instrumental for the arising of Dorje Shugden as an uncommon Dharma Protector to protect Je Tsongkapa's teachings, we would need to think twice about dismissing what he predicts. It 's a strange and uncommon alliance between Nechung and Dorje Shugden.