Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Is Alive and Amongst Us Today!  (Read 204005 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dorje Shugden Is Alive and Amongst Us Today!
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »
just a few clicks away.
http://kadampafestivals.org/summer/

In former times, people had to undertake very dangerous travels to meet dharma. Nowadays we do some clicks on our netbooks.
We are very fortunate, we are like in pure land. Eveywhere is dharma!!

Godi,
Thanks for sharing the link. It's a good observation that it is now so easy for us to access the Dharma. There is so much information online at this and many other websites, where people have spent much time and all 6 paramitas to benefit others. To all of them, i give my humble thanks. The best way to appreciate their efforts is to read up the information available so we can bolster our own knowledge and gain wisdom in order to share with others and share the benefits.

Definitely everywhere there are ample opportunities to practice Dharma!! Thanks to the great Masters who have untiringly taught the Dharma to barbarians like us :)

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

crazycloud

« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »
Kate-

So I am assuming you are ignoring my post then?

That's #238 in case you missed it.

crazycloud

« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
Interesting. Telling, even.

godi

« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
Next week the Summer Festival is starting  ;D ;D ;D I am counting the days .....

We will meet many Tulkus  ::), Buddhas  ;D , Bodhisattvas  ;D , Protectors  ;D , nice people  ;D ;D, good food, nice English weather, nice camping ground.

If you want to meet all these nice people, come to the Summer Festival  8)

where's this summer festival, Godi? :)

This is great news and I'm very happy to hear :) Gosh, a year rolls around fast doesn't it- time for another summer festival. I have never personally had the chance to visit the festival. The last time i went up to the centre was just before the festival last year and i heard that they were expecting 5000 people that summer! Does anyone know what the plans are for this summer? Is Geshela giving any DS initiation or teachings? It'd be nice to hear of the news :)

Week 1: Empowerment of Amitayus & Commentary to Eight Steps to Happiness
Week 2: Empowerment & Commentary to the Practice of Great Mother Prajnaparamita

During the first week of this, the nineteenth, NKT Summer Festival, Gen-la Kunsang, the Deputy Spiritual Director of the NKT-IKBU will grant the blessing empowerment of Buddha Amitayus, and give teachings based on Eight Steps to Happiness.

Gen-la Kunsang will grant Amitayus empowerment on Saturday July 24 and then give four days of teachings. This will be followed by a two-day meditation retreat based on these teachings.

On Sunday August 1 Gen-la Dekyong will grant the empowerment of Great Mother Prajnaparamita. This will be followed by a three-day commentary to this practice and then a two-day retreat. Both these empowerments and all the teachings are open to everyone.

As you can see, Geshe'la fully transferred  spiritual qualifications to his disciples and as you can also see the  Deputy Spiritual Director and  Spiritual Director are 2 buddhist nuns which means that the NKT is spiritually led by 2 women. How wunderful!!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:10:14 PM by godi »

DSFriend

« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2010, 07:17:46 AM »
Hi TS,
Thanks for the link. Good to see all the happy faces in spite of the adverse situation they are in. I rejoice with the good works done by the sangha at the monastery.

We all are intrigued by this new information, you're not the only ones. We are happy and intrigued at the same time ! I'm intrigued with an earnest prayer that may this be true....

I will definitely keep a close watch on this site for further news and confirmation.

A warm welcome to you Kurava. Thank you for joining Rattle That Cage.

DSFriend
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:45:12 PM by DSFriend »

pgdharma

« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:05 AM »
I am a newbie and have just started following this forum. I noticed that there are those who are so happy to know that Dorje Shugdan is alive and amongst us and those who have doubts. This forum is a good place for debates. However, I find that some are true Buddhist practitioners who post comments in a very logical and informative manner and some “Buddhists practitioners” who just blasted empty words sarcastically and rudely for the sake of winning. How embarrassing to call oneself a Buddhist and yet think and behave in such manner!
Whether Dorje Shugdan is alive is yet to be known. The day will arrive when truth prevails. So for now, for those who have doubts, stop bad mouthing Dorje Shugdan as it will lead you nowhere except a rebirth in the lower realms. We are just lay people; we have no right to judge who is right or who is wrong. It is very bad karma to speak badly of the lamas, the dharma, the sangha or any holy beings.
I am grateful and thankful that the web team had put in so much effort and countless hours to set up a great site for a newbie like me to learn more about Dorje Shugdan.

pgdharma

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:16 AM »
I have spoken with many monks here at Shar Gaden this week about this topic and I must say that almost all of the monks do seem genuinely intrigued. Many are like me in feeling that if the incarnation was recognized by one of the authorized Dorje Shugden oracles, or by a Lama such as Trijang Rinpoche or Zong Rinpoche years back, that is reason enough to be open to this. After all, in the begining none of us had any 'proof' of the existence of Protectors and such, so we had to establish the Lama as a reliable source first.

Maybe this a simplistic approach, but it suits me and my practice just fine.

Thank you, Tenzin  Sungrab, for sharing this heartwarming news. You are not the only one intrigue by this information. I am too. I hope that the truth will prevail soon and I may have the merits to meet this great incarnation.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »
Wouldn't it have been better to tell us when you actually knew who the real re-incarnation is instead of working everyone up in a frenzy?

Sorry to say theloneranger, this is really a dumb statement.  There is always a time and place for something to be made known so that there is no detrimental effects to people involved. Needless to say, the incarnation cannot be made known now for obvious reasons. 

Tibetan Buddhism is so corrupted these days that no one can be believed! Better to throw away the Tulku reincarnation system because it stinks! It's outdated, corrupted and has no place in the progressive modern society! To many people want to put there grubby fingers in the pie!

I really don't know who you are but if you are a DS practitioner and your lineage can be traced back by to a Tulku which will most probably be the case, then you are disparaging your own lineage masters.  If you still seriously think you are right, then your practice is also outdated, corrupted and has no place in the progressive modern society as well since it came from such a source.

One should be chosen to be a leader of men if they have the correct skills and abilities! Not chosen because of there status or title!

We can see from the example of the 14th Dalai Lama that the Tibetan System for choosing reincarnations is corrupt! The whole process is so open to corruption it's just not feasible!

I mean Steven Seagal was made a Tulku! How completely adsurd is that! 

Do you even know how the Tibetan system for choosing a reincarnation works?  Chances are you don't and would you know if the whole DS controversy has been orchestrated for a bigger picture for the benefit of many in the future?  Unless you are a highly evolved being yourself, you don't know for sure what's actually happening.  At best, you can only approximate based on what your mundane mind can perceive, which is not much based on how you express yourself above.  Whether Steven Seagal is a Tulku or not can only take another Tulku of the same or higher level to perceive.  Are you such a being or are you guessing again?

You are making sweeping statements with no logic or basis. 

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »
I am a newbie and have just started following this forum. I noticed that there are those who are so happy to know that Dorje Shugdan is alive and amongst us and those who have doubts. This forum is a good place for debates. However, I find that some are true Buddhist practitioners who post comments in a very logical and informative manner and some “Buddhists practitioners” who just blasted empty words sarcastically and rudely for the sake of winning. How embarrassing to call oneself a Buddhist and yet think and behave in such manner!
Whether Dorje Shugdan is alive is yet to be known. The day will arrive when truth prevails. So for now, for those who have doubts, stop bad mouthing Dorje Shugdan as it will lead you nowhere except a rebirth in the lower realms. We are just lay people; we have no right to judge who is right or who is wrong. It is very bad karma to speak badly of the lamas, the dharma, the sangha or any holy beings.
I am grateful and thankful that the web team had put in so much effort and countless hours to set up a great site for a newbie like me to learn more about Dorje Shugdan.

Dear pgdharma

I don't think anyone has denied Dorje Shugden is alive? Who is bad mouthing Dorje Shugden? All here have fath in Dore Shugden. For us our teachers are emanations of Dorje Shugden.

I can't see much actual logic being used by the 'polite' people, there seems to be alot of avoiding questions, and people getting anoyed with the honest, staightforward,and logical members. Buddhists aren't always softly softy, gently gently. Look at the way Song Rinpoche behaved sometimes.

We are not all Lay people on this forum.

It is bad Karma if we speek about things motivated by Delusions. It is not bad karma to critisize peoples actions with a pure intention.

Yes, this website is a jewel in Cyber space.

All the Best.
x
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:01:25 PM by Mohani »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
I think may be you all should read what some of you wrote in the Complaints Department Thread. You've expressed how much you love this site and some of you even made others laughed or smiled with your funny remarks. I know I laughed.

I am sure everyone is still friends, because beyond everything else, however opinions differ, the heart should still remain Dharmic.

Have a good evening, everyone?
Helena

crazycloud

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »

I am sure everyone is still friends, because beyond everything else, however opinions differ, the heart should still remain Dharmic.

Have a good evening, everyone?

Yes, thank you, ST. I fully agree. No matter what kind of silliness transpires here as argument, you can all be friends of mine. That's the way I do things, speak my mind, make my point and then let it all go. Even if I am called names or even, as seems to be the current situation, shunned.

Anyone who is not functioning like this does not deserve to be called a practitioner.. my opinion

Hevajra

• Email
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »
i wanna know the name of the lama in whom DS has reincarnated.

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »
I look forward everyday to the return of the Dharma King. How should we all usher His return?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
I look forward everyday to the return of the Dharma King. How should we all usher His return?

We usher his return by
1) keeping good samaya with our Guru and Dorje Shugden.
2) be informed about the history, lineage, benefits of Dorje Shugden and his practice so we can explain to people who are not so familiar with this issue.
3) practising harmony with people around us, as always advised by Dorje Shugden.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »

We usher his return by
1) keeping good samaya with our Guru and Dorje Shugden.
2) be informed about the history, lineage, benefits of Dorje Shugden and his practice so we can explain to people who are not so familiar with this issue.
3) practising harmony with people around us, as always advised by Dorje Shugden.

As the news has indicated, the dharma king has in fact returned :) It certainly is interesting for our practice to consider that anyone we bump into might be him.... A good way to practise too, to focus on this possibility and therefore to act / practise accordingly no matter where we are or who we're dealing with :)

Thanks for the "tips" Kate - it can sometimes be easier said than done, admittedly! But the very effort we put in is already half the journey. Every moment counts.

It's important to note too that while this news is fantastic, we mustn't get carried away on names and, when his identity is finally revealed, just dash off to be his student and abandon our existing teacher(s) and dharma community. This return is wonderful news and a great signal of hope for many out there who have always relied on this great Lama and protector... but just as Kate has said, the best way we can show our respect and devotion to him is by our own clear samaya with our teacher(s). Without their kindness, we wouldn't even this practice and knowledge.